SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Rin

Pro Adventurer
Oh you're right. I heard someone say that after the play Cloud wants to see her "on the stage" next time or something? Hint hint, wink wink.
yeah this scene was... dgkgjdg lmao I don't know. Obviously, my Cloti brain loves it but sir pls, your good friend just performed a heartfelt song and cried on stage and her bestie is gushing about her and your response is "Next time, I wanna see you on stage"? STAND UP lmao but yes, more Tifa performance foreshadowing

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
yeah this scene was... dgkgjdg lmao I don't know. Obviously, my Cloti brain loves it but sir pls, your good friend just performed a heartfelt song and cried on stage and her bestie is gushing about her and your response is "Next time, I wanna see you on stage"? STAND UP lmao but yes, more Tifa performance foreshadowing
Does he only say this if your affection is high with Tifa?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Just leaving this here. I hope Part 3 adapts this sequence properly and it’s not just locked away in a grindy gacha game cause this scene is too important.
I like that she rushes over to help, then after a little bit she realizes she's looking at Cloud.
Okay, the timeline is firmly established as Cloud meets Tifa again the day before the bombing which further raises questions of what Cloud's been doing since Zack died given it was apparently some time ago.
And helping Tifa is the only way Cloud can prove to himself he's still himself. She's that damn important to him.

I think the best way to describe Cloud’s relationships is that one is romanticized while the other is a lot more grounded.

Now the latter may have started because the two participants in question romanticized each other but it quickly becomes a pretty realistic type of relationship, especially by Advent Children.

The one between Cloud and Aerith remains romanticized all the way until her death. In fact, Aerith is romanticizing Cloud based on her past experience with someone just like him.

Perhaps that it’s why I see that relationship as more of a red herring.
Her entire attempts at romance with him are like subconscious attempts to bring Zack back. It'd be bittersweet on its own.

The clip from that NA ad continues to float around, literally some revenant come to haunt us.

I saw it again a few days ago lol.
My rage against marketing as proof is so powerful it made it into the major LTD article. That's not even the whole of it. I've gone on that rant like three or four times, talking about each of the FF commercials, Japanese and English and one or two others and how they all mislead or aren't reflective of the game (most of the times these are tongue in cheek on the commercial's part. I was making a point)

Is this referring to how he is able to pick up the Buster sword, stab Sephiroth, and then be able to not only take the stab from Sephiroth but pull himself along the sword and toss Sephiroth into the Lifestream? All as a normal “weak” human? Because I freaking love that part.
Actually, no. This is referencing an incident before then, when he's assigned to protect a scientist who winds up getting caught in the Avalanche/ Turks crossfire. Cloud is pushed to the edge and while initially he is a joke of a unit with his gun, he becomes a hell of a lot more formidable once he gets a sword. I hope this sequence gets adapted in EC at some point.

Cloud's tank and spank on Sephiroth in Nibelheim was also an excellent example of him being something more even before the experiments.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Does he only say this if your affection is high with Tifa?
Well you have to get her date so yes lol. But there's also Maru's quest in Nibelheim where they talk about it and Tifa says she can't sing at all lol.

Okay, the timeline is firmly established as Cloud meets Tifa again the day before the bombing which further raises questions of what Cloud's been doing since Zack died given it was apparently some time ago.
My first guess was that he was like a copy but with Rebirth that seems moot, seeing the transformation into an actual one... eh so I wonder too.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I like that she rushes over to help, then after a little bit she realizes she's looking at Cloud.
And helping Tifa is the only way Cloud can prove to himself he's still himself. She's that damn important to him.

Her entire attempts at romance with him are like subconscious attempts to bring Zack back. It'd be bittersweet on its own.

My rage against marketing as proof is so powerful it made it into the major LTD article. That's not even the whole of it. I've gone on that rant like three or four times, talking about each of the FF commercials, Japanese and English and one or two others and how they all mislead or aren't reflective of the game (most of the times these are tongue in cheek on the commercial's part. I was making a point)

Actually, no. This is referencing an incident before then, when he's assigned to protect a scientist who winds up getting caught in the Avalanche/ Turks crossfire. Cloud is pushed to the edge and while initially he is a joke of a unit with his gun, he becomes a hell of a lot more formidable once he gets a sword. I hope this sequence gets adapted in EC at some point.

Cloud's tank and spank on Sephiroth in Nibelheim was also an excellent example of him being something more even before the experiments.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but as far as I know only about a couple months pass between Zack’s death and Tifa finding a Cloud right? I’d bet Cloud just wanders around the slums like a zombie until then.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
Well you have to get her date so yes lol. But there's also Maru's quest in Nibelheim where they talk about it and Tifa says she can't sing at all lol.
I think @starcape91 was asking if he says it on the kiss date version or the standard version, but I'm not sure

Rin

Pro Adventurer
Correct me if I’m wrong, but as far as I know only about a couple months pass between Zack’s death and Tifa finding a Cloud right? I’d bet Cloud just wanders around the slums like a zombie until then.
Ya Zack dies in September and Tifa finds Cloud in December....? I think

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Ya Zack dies in September and Tifa finds Cloud in December....? I think
Assuming the timeline holds, Zack dies mid-September. Cloud meets Tifa again on like the day before the bombing mission, so Dec 8th. Even if you assume they didn't do the bombing the literal next night it can't have been more than a few days.
Yes, I know these things off the top of my head. It is ridiculous.

The game ends sometime in the latter third of January as well, so consider that as well when Cloud and Co are enjoying Costa Del Sol.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
"Next time, I wanna see you on stage"?
Tifa's giggle is so cute when he says this, though lol. At least in the Japanese version. Actually, he makes her giggle so much in this game before the puppetry kicks into high gear.

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
One of the newer lines that stood out to me in Remake was from the reactor mission. It was Barret telling Cloud, "Prove to me that you're the man Tifa says you are." Or something close x3 And in my head, I was all, "Well, now, that's a tad on the nose, is it?"

I remember seeing this type of thing in a soap opera before. Genders reversed, though. And iirc, it was treated as a problem that had to be corrected. At the end, The man agreed that while the woman looked like his deceased wife (as in they could be like identical twins), she's right that if they were to stay together, he has to regard her separately. One of their arguments mid-story was the woman asking if he loved her or the face of his ex-wife that he sees when he looks at her.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Assuming the timeline holds, Zack dies mid-September. Cloud meets Tifa again on like the day before the bombing mission, so Dec 8th. Even if you assume they didn't do the bombing the literal next night it can't have been more than a few days.
Yes, I know these things off the top of my head. It is ridiculous.

The game ends sometime in the latter third of January as well, so consider that as well when Cloud and Co are enjoying Costa Del Sol.
So then it can be surmised that Cloud and Aerith know each other for only two weeks, three tops?

Costa Del Sol doesn’t bother me because depending on the Planet’s rotation, it could be a completely different season based on where the party is in the world.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
Well, she says she hasn’t sang much before, not that she can’t. But she doesn't have to literally sing for the song to be from her POV.

I also think it’s odd that they didn’t have Brianna sing for Aerith in the game and have the Loren version on the credits. The voices don’t sound like each other at all unfortunately.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Well, she says she hasn’t sang much before, not that she can’t. But she doesn't have to literally sing for the song to be from her POV.

I also think it’s odd that they didn’t have Brianna sing for Aerith in the game and have the Loren version on the credits. The voices don’t sound like each other at all unfortunately.
Yeah, it’s not like anyone sang Hollow. Imagine how weird it would be if Cloud sang it…….

But anyway, yeah, the song could be from her POV but she doesn’t literally need to perform it.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
Yeah, it’s not like anyone sang Hollow. Imagine how weird it would be if Cloud sang it…….

But anyway, yeah, the song could be from her POV but she doesn’t literally need to perform it.
Right. I took the line about her being on stage to be foreshadowing to her being more main in Part 3. Not literally performing on stage next game.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
One of the newer lines that stood out to me in Remake was from the reactor mission. It was Barret telling Cloud, "Prove to me that you're the man Tifa says you are." Or something close x3 And in my head, I was all, "Well, now, that's a tad on the nose, is it?"
It's very on the nose but it also makes sense given that Barret's putting a lot of trust and money in him based solely on Tifa's say so.

I remember seeing this type of thing in a soap opera before. Genders reversed, though. And iirc, it was treated as a problem that had to be corrected. At the end, The man agreed that while the woman looked like his deceased wife (as in they could be like identical twins), she's right that if they were to stay together, he has to regard her separately. One of their arguments mid-story was the woman asking if he loved her or the face of his ex-wife that he sees when he looks at her.
Are you familiar with X-men? There's a situation like that where Cyclops falls in love with a woman who reminds him of Jean Grey when the latter is presumed dead and gets married with her, has a kid, then runs off the moment Jean turns up alive. Now it turns out this woman was in fact a clone of Jean created by an evil mastermind but it was still a dick move of him.
He also occasionally had a problem where he'd reminisce about things he did with a different entity that was pretending to be her, but that entity also thought it was her for awhile, and then she absorbed the memories of both the clone and the other entity. Comics, man.

So then it can be surmised that Cloud and Aerith know each other for only two weeks, three tops?
Given that she dies before the new year ticks over, and it's implied the people of Knowlespole are celebrating a christmas equivalent, yes.

Costa Del Sol doesn’t bother me because depending on the Planet’s rotation, it could be a completely different season based on where the party is in the world.
It's more a "think about how much warmer it must be compared to what they're used to"
I'd be curious to see an actual globe model of the planet to know what latitudes and sized the continents are now.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I love Britt Baron's acting! I should rewatch some scenes in English. And yes.... Cloud is very much relatable in that way........
Is it just me, or does it feel like have incorporated some of Britt's mannerisms into Aerith in Rebirth? I know it's a completely different Japanese mocap artist, but for some reason her motions seem distinct from how they were in Remake.

starcape91

Pro Adventurer
AKA
starcape91
Given that she dies before the new year ticks over, and it's implied the people of Knowlespole are celebrating a christmas equivalent, yes.
I can’t wait for Icicle Inn and (maybe Modeoheim?) and the glacier and snowboarding. I love snowy stuff, and it also is the start of my favorite parts of the game. Pretty much everything after disc 1 lol

I have a lot of fav moments from the OG that were included in Remake and Rebirth too, don’t get me wrong.

r_monk

Pro Adventurer
AKA
RM
Is it just me, or does it feel like have incorporated some of Britt's mannerisms into Aerith in Rebirth? I know it's a completely different Japanese mocap artist, but for some reason her motions seem distinct from how they were in Remake.
How so? Tifa and Aerith always felt p distinct to me re: gestures. Tifa does that funny angled arm and wrist thing, lots of hands behind her back and leaning forward, hand on hip. Aerith is more feminine wrist shakes, double hand waves... I'm not familiar at all with the actress' mannerisms, though, so I wouldn't really know.

Top Bottom