SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Kitase said very specifically that "Timeline wise AC story should be positioned as one just beyond the remake project"
(7:56)
They're obviously using stuff from the whole compilation (including AC) but if we are to believe Kitase, after the next game, it'll lead to AC.
Maybe they’ll do an AC remake or DLC.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
They're obviously using stuff from the whole compilation (including AC) but if we are to believe Kitase, after the next game, it'll lead to AC.

Edited my post. But tl;dr If they double down on this AC take. FF7 is an infinite loop.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Edited my post. But tl;dr If they double down on this AC take. FF7 is an infinite loop.
Actually it can’t be. Even if Sephiroth goes back in time and still loses. The cast still continues on past AC.

So it would be a loop for Sephiroth only.

The rest of the cast would carry forward into Dirge of Cerberus and the rest of their lives.

Attachments

• IMG_0106.png
    IMG_0106.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Oh no it's not her, definitely not. Our Aerith has been awake and fine the whole time, they didn't even fall in the Temple.
I'm having trouble following. If she shares the same consciousness as our Aerith, how is she a different Aerith?

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
What happens during the entire date? Nothing goes right, why? Because you cannot relive a memory hoping for the same spark when the person who you made the memory with has been replaced with somebody else

Try sayin this to a hardcore C/A and youll know you'll gonna be in for a whole tread of disagreement

Sure she likes Cloud -- in here own words -- but also in her own words she doesn't seem to know how much she even likes him

I somewhat respectfully disagree i knew somehow in this case just like with symbolism and opposite of Tifa in TOTP it was actually then Aerith realizes she didnt like Cloud in a romantic way..

But sure she likes' him but different kind of liking.

-------
Overall the 'last date' is like supposed #Zerith date but Cloud's the middle person who connects them right now since Zack's gone.

Zack is like inside Cloud through his 'fused' memory soo when Aerith said she wanted to go to the spot 'Cloud didnt know it ~ she have to gave him clue..'

but unconsciously he still going there bec it was a 'memory' of someone he knew inside Cloud (Zack) are the one who knew where was that.

It was still ZACK in the end and he's the holding a petal reunion flower in the end.

Last edited:

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I'm having trouble following. If she shares the same consciousness as our Aerith, how is she a different Aerith?
I think they’re saying that our Aerith was awake during the “dream date” because she was giving excuses for Cloud and went ahead to the Forgotten Capital. So if she was awake, then how could she be with Cloud during the “dream date”, i.e. that was a different Aerith (a future one).

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Try sayin this to a hardcore C/A and youll know you'll gonna be in for a whole tread of disagreement

I somewhat respectfully disagree i knew somehow in this case just like with symbolism and opposite of Tifa in TOTP it was actually then Aerith realizes she didnt like Cloud in a romantic way..

But sure she likes' him but different kind of liking.
For that first part, the fact that C/A reads the scene differently is… well of course. Any other interpretation means their ship is dead. So I can understand why they have that take.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I think they’re saying that our Aerith was awake during the “dream date” because she was giving excuses for Cloud and went ahead to the Forgotten Capital. So if she was awake, then how could she be with Cloud during the “dream date”, i.e. that was a different Aerith (a future one).
I think that's where her Cetra powers come into play. As Remake showed us, she clearly has special powers that are linked to her lineage.

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
For that first part, the fact that C/A reads the scene differently is… well of course. Any other interpretation means their ship is dead. So I can understand why they have that take.

The hardest take and copium i have encountered is 'Cloud is being stubborn - sayin he didnt know spot bec he's jealous'

Lmao this a dream date of world you dont know why the hell are you guys here..

And Cloud's being stubborn and jealous?

- i really hate they mischaraterize Cloud so much

Eerie

Fire and Blood
It's an Aerith from the future, she has experience as the last Cetra in the Lifestream as well as regrets etc. that "our" Aerith doesn't have.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Do we know if our Aerith has the same Consciousness as the Lifestream one?
cause our Aerith seems to only remember once given the date ones materia

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It's an Aerith from the future, she has experience as the last Cetra in the Lifestream as well as regrets etc. that "our" Aerith doesn't have.
I'd argue that's still our Aerith though. It's just our Aerith who has her knowledge back, that was taken from the Whispers.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I'd argue back that COLW Aerith feels different from our Aerith, because she's had 1+ year to fight Sephiroth, get used to her powers etc. However she still hadn't settled with Cloud while it does feel that our Aerith is kinda on a better path for that.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I'd argue back that COLW Aerith feels different from our Aerith, because she's had 1+ year to fight Sephiroth, get used to her powers etc. However she still hadn't settled with Cloud while it does feel that our Aerith is kinda on a better path for that.
But isn't that still Aerith at the end of the day though? In time, our Aerith is going to be CoLW Aerith after she dies. It's the same as Sephiroth. Remake ch 18 Sephiroth is still Sephiroth, not Sephiroth 2.

Last edited:

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
But isn't that still Aerith at the end of the day though? In time, our Aerith is going to be CoLW Aerith after she dies. It's the same as Sephiroth. Remake ch 18 Sephiroth is still Sephiroth, not Sephiroth 2
Sure, but wouldn’t that mean she’s a future Aerith and the one we are traveling with is a different one at least at present?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
And yet, my 20 years old me was vastly different than my 40+ years old me. It's still me but damn are things different now. It's the same with Aerith: she's really young in CC, grows up until FFVII/Re where she is definitely different, then dies and in CoLW she understands so much better than in FFVII because she's had EXPERIENCE with Sephiroth and so she's different again, transforming into her last vision in ACC. What she was in ACC, she certainly wasn't in CC, almost like a different person and yet. IDK maybe it's because I'm older and I can see the differences that experience bring. We never stop growing up.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Not imo. A future version of myself is still me.
I’m not sure. I don’t agree with that.

Sure, a future version of myself is still me. But if my future self went back in time and my brother talked to him and then he talked to me, we might respond differently to a conversation. Does that make sense?

Sure, it’s still Aerith but our Aerith will eventually be her but isn’t right now. Therefore, they don’t behave the same.

Although I think at the end of the day, we’re just arguing semantics.

I think the point is, S5 Aerith is getting closure post-death. But current Aerith still hasn’t experienced that yet so she’s not gonna act the same.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Things are what the are, the rest is semantics.
You are you, your future self is your future self, both are just a bunch of atoms, or lifestream, doing stuff.
If you wanna call that "still you" or not is completely a matter of personal preference.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I've been busy today but if we're really going to play the Aerith has no scenes game a true barebones minimum run Aerith has Chapter 2, Chapter 7, Chapter 12, end of Chapter 13 (Cloud remembers meeting her on the street with the flower), Chapter 14, Tifa has Chapter 2, Chapter 4, Chapter 9 ... There's obviously a lot more for both of them though.

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
I've been busy today but if we're really going to play the Aerith has no scenes game a true barebones minimum run Aerith has Chapter 2, Chapter 7, Chapter 12, end of Chapter 13 (Cloud remembers meeting her on the street with the flower), Chapter 14, Tifa has Chapter 2, Chapter 4, Chapter 9 ... There's obviously a lot more for both of them though.

there is no way you think Aerith has chapter 2

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
offtopic but why is the whole of twitter saying thank you Maximillian dood??? is he leaving making content??

Top Bottom