SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I'm not really worried about them chickening out. It doesn't matter what they do because CAs will never accept it anyways and I think they already know that.
Well. They always said the story won't change too much, that this is their definitive vision of FF7, that its their chance to make it right and without too much place for interpretation... so... a big happy ending with every side of the fandom having what they want... is not compatible with their quotes over the years. So I will confidently say they lied to us and not give a fuck about any new future FF7 project after that

I hope you both are right. Let's pray the previous developer statements have solidified their trajectory with Part 3.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
I hope you both are right. Let's pray the previous developer statements have solidified their trajectory with Part 3.
If it makes you feel better the scenario was already written and finished before Rebirth dropped and they're already in the voice recording stage as per the ultimania interview.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Well. They always said the story won't change too much, that this is their definitive vision of FF7, that its their chance to make it right and without too much place for interpretation... so... a big happy ending with every side of the fandom having what they want... is not compatible with their quotes over the years. So I will confidently say they lied to us and not give a fuck about any new future FF7 project after that
whats weird is ac already has the happy ending for most people

Yoru

Pro Adventurer

Let's be honest. There is 3 big sides. Clerith / Cloti / Zenith. And we can't all win.

It's 2 vs 1 because Zerith and Cloti being canon is compatible. Clerith automatically cancel the other two.

So... if we're talking about only catering to fan... you know the way to upset as few people as possible.

And if we stop thinking about catering but from just the narrative perspective... WE KNOW THE DAMN STORY. Please SE. Stop the suffering. End it how it's supposed to be.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
You can't make me buy and read books about how Tifa loves Cloud since she is 13, how she's happy with her little family in AC to blue ball me at the finish line Nojimaaaaaaaaaaaa.

"Let's all be friend !" and they all disappeared in the light of the Lifestream

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
I was searching Tifa's age in Nibel on google and I see this....

1714691133814.png

I CAN'T ! How is it possible ?!? Are you reading the little bubble of text while you play ?! Do you listen to the characters talking ?!

I hate the media literacy argument with all my soul but they're not making it easy for me. My god...

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
I was 20 in 2007
I was 15.... Shit's weird lmao
I do not want to be 50 and still discussing the LTD, that's all I know. SE wrap this shit up!!
I was 20 in 2007. Why are you young people on my lawn?

I would HOPE ReTrilogy ends not just the LTD but the franchise too. When you let a thing have too many pieces of media you eventually run it into the ground. I don't want that to happen to such a beloved franchise.

nepheneethedestroyer

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I was 20 in 2007
I was 20 in 2007. Why are you young people on my lawn?

I would HOPE ReTrilogy ends not just the LTD but the franchise too. When you let a thing have too many pieces of media you eventually run it into the ground. I don't want that to happen to such a beloved franchise.

Gacha will continue to exist further into infinity, and beyond.

And if we stop thinking about catering but from just the narrative perspective... WE KNOW THE DAMN STORY. Please SE. Stop the suffering. End it how it's supposed to be.

I have been asking for the Aerith/Tifa/Cissnei lesbian cottagecore throuple since 2007. Please, Square Enix. Give the fans what they want.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Is AC worth watching ? The current consensus is it's kind of a shitty movie.
Yes, but only watch Advent Children Complete. It's worth it to some extent, even if it isn't the best written.

I would watch it at least once, I guess. But play Crisis Core first as there are references to it. I feel like I say this to you daily for some reason.

(Personally, I still have fun with it, but I acknowledge it could have been better).

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
If it makes you feel better the scenario was already written and finished before Rebirth dropped and they're already in the voice recording stage as per the ultimania interview.
That actually does make me feel a little better, but 3 years ( at least ) is still plenty of time for some shinanigans to ensue.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
You can't make me buy and read books about how Tifa loves Cloud since she is 13, how she's happy with her little family in AC to blue ball me at the finish line Nojimaaaaaaaaaaaa.

This is how I feel, and I think that’s why I’d be kind of soured. If I re-read the books after the third part and it doesn’t commit I’ll just be like oh nice this part is so cute and it amounts to nothing!! 🤗🫶

He said much won’t be left for interpretation so no, I do not want to use my imagination. Show me the love.

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
She is the og Aerith from 1997 ps1 game. She controls the white whispers and is waging a war against Sephiroth in the lifestream.
I really don't know how I feel about that. Because if that's the case it's technically a sequel because OG "happened already". I don't see why they couldn't just focus on the current present Aerith and show the same feelings. If that's the case then why do other Aerith's keep showing up to be cryptic instead of just developing the one we have and shedding light on her feelings and thoughts naturally ?

That said I'm still not sure who this Aerith is.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
I really don't know how I feel about that. Because if that's the case it's technically a sequel because OG "happened already". I don't see why they couldn't just focus on the current present Aerith and show the same feelings. If that's the case then why do other Aerith's keep showing up to be cryptic instead of just developing the one we have and shedding light on her feelings and thoughts naturally ?

That said I'm still not sure who this Aerith is.
nothing confirmed yet all there is are theories

SilverSisu

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Zack bro

Plot twist:
Polyamory ending incoming.

Meanwhile in some alternate world....

Aerith: "Hey mom i want you to meet my boyfriends. This here is Zack. He is my first love 😍

Zack: Yo 😉

Aerith: Cloud here is my other boyfriend 🥰
Cloud: Yeah 😏

Aerith: And this is Tifa, Cloud's first love and she is also my girlfriend 😘
Oh did i forgot to mention that she is Zack's girlfriend too? ☺️

Tifa: H-hello mrs. Gainsborough 😳

Elmyra: 😲

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Plot twist:
Polyamory ending incoming.

Meanwhile in some alternate world....

Aerith: "Hey mom i want you to meet my boyfriends. This here is Zack. He is my first love 😍

Zack: Yo 😉

Aerith: Cloud here is my other boyfriend 🥰
Cloud: Yeah 😏

Aerith: And this is Tifa, Cloud's first love and she is also my girlfriend 😘
Oh did i forgot to mention that she is Zack's girlfriend too? ☺️

Tifa: H-hello mrs. Gainsborough 😳

Elmyra: 😲
Elymra looks at Zack with worry, Zack looks back with a shush expression looks like Maiden was canon

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Is AC worth watching ? The current consensus is it's kind of a shitty movie.

If you haven't read OTWTAS - which nobody had when AC first came out - it's like being dropped cold into the middle of a story. Pacing is pretty bad. Great fight scenes though. Final act is pretty good.

It would be bizarre for Nojima to release two short stories that double down on how important Cloud and Tifa are to each other, only to have it amount to nothing. This is why I'm hoping they do indeed commit.

My guess is it will be just like the kiss. They will double down on Cloud and Tifa's relationship in part 3, but give the Highwind scene some kind of escape hatch for people who don't want to see it. It wouldn't amount to nothing, and would give confirmation to those of us looking for narrative coherence, but would be just enough for the "optional" label to stick.

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
Me and @LunarTarotGirl with this damned Dream Date Aerith for the next 3 years

View attachment 16497

It doesn't make sense ! Why would you be cryptic when you know it's the last time you can talk to him ?! AaaAaAAAAaAarg
Yeah as I said I don't particularly hate it. As a Clerith it is clearly something aimed towards making me happy. I appreciate the sentiment. I see it as very sweet. I think the interactions are cute.

But just because something is pretty and looks nice doesn't mean I don't have questions lol. And these questions just keep distracting me when I should just be just enjoying the scenes.

And why is the Ultimania not saying anything?? XD

Everyone else: Awww beautiful scene

Me: This can't be LS White Aerith, can it be OG? Does that even make sense? Why are they showing multiple Aerith's, are these her remnants? What does she mean by wondering which like is it I thought she knew? Is this the one that was asleep? Why would she have the White materia and know this Cloud needed it? So would this be a sequel? Did the materia need memories? Wait so why couldn't she originally fill it with memories in the nondream world? Questions continue

Last edited:

Rin

Pro Adventurer
And why is the Ultimania not saying anything?? XD
THIS. They're being tight lipped as hell! It's only been like 2 months and I'm already like HELLO?? lmaooo

Also, I apologize for my age 😞
Kind of crazy to think I was only 5 when the OG came out lmao

Top Bottom