SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
I think you’ll get almost every combination between the Seraphim Sephiroth and shirtless Sephiroth ( personally thinking we’ll fight his forms in reverse order with different party combinations until we get to the classic Cloud ( probably beaten and tattered by this point ) v shirtless Sephiroth

Reactions: Rin

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Like I've said before, it would really annoy me if Cloud was separated from the party, he's literally their leader.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
I think the battle will just follow the formula they've established of there being like 4727349 battle sequences with a variety of diff party formations, so I don't really see why a Cloud/Zack/Aerith formation would be off the table for one of the sequences.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Yeah. That’s…. What the fuck… how does any author think their readers would be okay with that?

Well... you're forcing me to be petty (:awesome:) but... actually some were happy...

... the same people who will celebrate a Cloud and Aerith ending after what we saw in Rebirth (and if 3rd game follows the OG story)

People who doesn't care about the story but just their ship.

And it's kinda the same situation with FF7. It's people happy with a story where the MC leaves a girl he confessed to and slept with, alone with a child.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Well... you're forcing me to be petty (:awesome:) but... actually some were happy...

... the same people who will celebrate a Cloud and Aerith ending after what we saw in Rebirth (and if 3rd game follows the OG story)

People who doesn't care about the story but just their ship.

And it's kinda the same situation with FF7. It's people happy with a story where the MC leaves a girl he confessed to and slept with, alone with a child.
The problem is… this sorta ending makes all characters involved bad. The MC is bad for confessing and having a child with one woman and then suddenly being with the other. The other woman is pathetic for accepting this. The third woman is bad for allowing this to happen when she knows how the other two people in this equation feel about each other.

Liking a ship is one thing, but twisting and character assassinating in order to achieve it is quite another.

Most normal people would ultimately find all three deplorable human beings.

Goddamn, some people just should not write romance.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
The worlds have to collide again bc Zack already set that up, unless you're thinking there will be another battle where worlds collide before the big fight. Unless, of course, Zack is now in our main world since they deliberately hid the Stamp of the new one he was brought to.
Don’t they though in ACC?

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
The problem is… this sorta ending makes all characters involved bad. The MC is bad for confessing and having a child with one woman and then suddenly being with the other. The other woman is pathetic for accepting this. The third woman is bad for allowing this to happen when she knows how the other two people in this equation feel about each other.

Liking a ship is one thing, but twisting and character assassinating in order to achieve it is quite another.

Most normal people would ultimately find all three deplorable human beings.

Goddamn, some people just should not write romance.

Yup, this was basically the general reaction. Ending is shit, makes no sense and destroy every characters involved.

But some were happy.

1715268967855.jpeg

Just saying but the color codes are a bit similar to a certain duo of FF7 heroines... :awesome:

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Like I've said before, it would really annoy me if Cloud was separated from the party, he's literally their leader.
So what makes sense in my head is that they’re all together when the fight starts, but Sephiroth’s boss fight will basically shatter whatever space it takes place in, splitting everyone up similar to Remake. They’re gonna use his iconic screen nuke attack as a bridge between phases me thinks.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Yup, this was basically the general reaction. Ending is shit, makes no sense and destroy every characters involved.

But some were happy.

View attachment 16707

Just saying but the color codes are a bit similar to a certain duo of FF7 heroines... :awesome:
Funnily enough. I like the one of the right better.

I wonder what that says about me.

Wait… aren’t they sisters too? Doesn’t that make this even more fucked up. Especially for their kid, as their aunt is their stepmother I guess?

Jeez, what is this fuckery?

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
It's entirely possible, yes.
I mean, you were all "let's do a proper debate" and "bring in the evidence!", and then the first reply is basically "in my opinion", "I feel", "my interpretation". I honestly just felt sorry for it, lol.

I want to see Zack interact with Barret. His ADHD puppy persona would drive Barret nuts 😂
You have no idea how much I'd like to see Zack interact with the entire gang. Selfish Happy Ending Fans. /crosses fingers

Yup. Just a few chapters after the MC
confirmed and confessed his love to another girl, slept with her and impregnated her
Oh my god, that has the same author as GE: Good Ending, lmao. At least I know I won't ever read that one.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
That's my personal view of this fandom.

One side uses real evidence and some excessive interpretations, the other side lies, use old and mistranslated evidences and refuses to take into account much of the available content.

It's quite revealing. But I'm biased. You be the judge.

(talking about both Cultists. Not people of good faith like we have here)

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I do wonder what the actual split is.

Like what percentage is C/T and C/A among those that have played the OG to completion?

I would disregard people that haven’t played it or have only watched clips because a lot of them are probably missing context.

And then how does that percentage shift with compilation materials and remake.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Because you can't say no to Aerith. She's perfection. She's always right. Never made any mistake. Selfless incarnated.

She created FF7. The rest are NPC at best. Cloud can stay tho.
If there’s one big criticism I have for Aerith in Remake, it’s this odd feeling that she can’t be incorrect.

What I appreciated about the original story is this idea that despite all your efforts, the living planet that has a will of its own will still do what it needs to do to live out its life to completion.

So when Aerith shot calls that she wants to give her friends a better future, I do kinda want the planet to go “best I can do is less depression on the same time table”.

In summary, I do like Aerith but good lord does this character need some kind of nerf.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Growing up, I thought I was in the minority.

I was put under pressure until Crisis Core became a reality.

Then we got a new breath of air with Z/A in the equation.

Tifa seems to be doing well in most online polls. But my own echo chamber seems pretty loaded with C/A. I don't know if they're louder (because of the takes...) or just more in number.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
If there’s one big criticism I have for Aerith in Remake, it’s this odd feeling that she can’t be incorrect.

What I appreciated about the original story is this idea that despite all your efforts, the living planet that has a will of its own will still do what it needs to do to live out its life to completion.

So when Aerith shot calls that she wants to give her friends a better future, I do kinda want the planet to go “best I can do is less depression on the same time table”.

In summary, I do like Aerith but good lord does this character need some kind of nerf.
I also don’t like the implication that the OG storyline is a “bad future”. Sure, Aerith dies but all of the group is still more or less happy, her coming back would almost assuredly have a butterfly effect that she would not be able to tell will result in good futures.

I suppose you can argue that humanity doesn’t exist 500 years into the future but honestly, that has never been confirmed, is up for interpretation, and seems divisive among the fanbase.

Moreover, it would be after the main group has lived out their lives so it wouldn’t affect them. Except Nanaki and potentially Vincent. But even in those cases, they would both be alive. Or Vincent, who doesn’t want immortality, would be dead so it would work out for him.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer

I also don’t like the implication that the OG storyline is a “bad future”. Sure, Aerith dies but all of the group is still more or less happy, her coming back would almost assuredly have a butterfly effect that she would not be able to tell will result in good futures.

I suppose you can argue that humanity doesn’t exist 500 years into the future but honestly, that has never been confirmed, is up for interpretation, and seems divisive among the fanbase.

Moreover, it would be after the main group has lived out their lives so it wouldn’t affect them. Except Nanaki and potentially Vincent. But even in those cases, they would both be alive. Or Vincent, who doesn’t want immortality, would be dead so it would work out for him.

My personal problem is that Square Enix knows no half measures.

In Remake, she is omnipotent and cannot be caught unprepared.

In Rebirth she's totally lost, crossing Cosmo Canyon like a tourist (still in shock that it's Tifa who's talking about defending the planet) until the game remembers that she's important as Cetra. It was just super weird.

Can we just have one balanced character, please?

I'm not even sure her goal has something to do with saving herself. She just want Sephiroth to stop playing with Worlds, because it's wrong and even the planet needs to die someday.

Top Bottom