SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I was never much of an animal person TBH, and his personal story isn't all that interesting or original.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Is it bad that I don't really care who Cloud loves?
Cloud is, for me, the least interesting member of the main party.

I can't speak for anyone but from my observation, it's quite apparent the old regulars don't really give too much shit about that now tbh. I know I don't. Not anymore and had been for years now; I believe most of us have move past that which is why we can now look at this stuff more objectively and how we easily derail discussion by shitposting (most of my posts in this thread had been me shitposting, with few substantive posts from time to time). My investment and main reason for following this topic really only is limited to my own curiosity and desire to find out the end of this debacle, whatever it is.

That said, I can understand newcomers' urge to discuss the LTD. I have no problem with that. There are new materials to be discussed after all. And besides, maybe we'll get to find something insightful from the discussions here, details that we could've easily missed from our playthrough. I always find it a delight to find things that I have missed because I'm not that attentive when playing games; I normally just blaze through games and be content with my first impressions (some of them incorrect) so I like it when my wrong impressions are corrected.

EDIT:

How can any of you claim RedXIII and Clad are the least interesting when Cait Sith exists?!

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
I'm the same way. Like I said before, end this triangle already.
It isn't a triangle. It's a circle therefore it has no beginning and no end. This is FFVII's Ouroboros, symbol for eternal cyclic renewal or a cycle of life, death, and rebirth. The skin-sloughing process of snakes symbolizes the transmigration of souls, the snake biting its own tail is a fertility symbol. The tail of the snake is a phallic symbol, the mouth is a yonic or womb-like symbol. Here is when you say "WHAT THE HELL".

Wouldn't go as far as saying Cloud is the least interesting it's Red XIII for me pls don't kill me
Careful, that's fighting words for some here. Oh shit here they come.
It's all fun and games. Watching you all go at it is a good time.
It's a good time when we aren't serious about it. And, let's face it...

im getting too old for this sort of shit.gif

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
I'll concede this about Cait Sith: it made a cool keychain. I never lost my keys and it was bulky so it was easy to find inside my bag.
I say "was" because one day the moogle fell off, and the piece that joined it to Cait Sith was placed exactly where that cat would have a penis. :desucait:

ETA for a TL, DR: I lost a keychain and Cait Sith got a very geometric-looking penis.
Edit 2:typos

Last edited:

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Upon, reading the last two pages, You guys disappoint me.

Here I am pouring my heart and soul into the one and only true ship that makes any logical sense of SE most disastrous LTD!

:cloudball::tifaball

and to think you guys had my back.......

For shame.

/sarcasm

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk! Have at you!

…as a call-back to an earlier post, I finally finished my own successful film of “Stone Temple Pilates”, so I’ll post it later if anyone cares :V

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I'll admit I like to read and post here because it explores the characters' interactions and characterisations in ways that other threads don't and add a lot of perspective to me.

But to me the LTD doesn't exist really lol, it's been solved in the OG and I'm waiting to see how it will resolve this time around.

Also I read some tweets commenting on how Cloud and Tifa seemed like siblings (???) while Aerith is pushed as the love interest because she's always flirting with Cloud (???) and I'm like... wow, what kind of interactions do you have with your siblings, and also, eww, no, don't tell me! I also disagree with Aerith always flirting with him, but hey, what do I know, I find that Aerith put the brakes down comparing to her OG self, so yeah, maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

youffie

Pro Adventurer
^Same, I’m here for people’s insights on characters and character interactions. And the occasional shitposting of course

The interactions with Tifa are really... sexual though.

Like when she first invited me into her room I felt something kinda like needing to pee.

Tifa: Hey Cloud, are you up for some… filter changing, and maybe you would like to come to my room? *wink wink nudge nudge
*they actually really just change the filters*
Me: THIS GAME

Anyway, speaking of Tifa’s room, I got really excited when I was about to enter, then was slightly disappointed that it was so bare. Then I thought about it some more and it really makes more sense for Tifa. I think she even says something like “Sorry, I have been so busy I haven’t had the time to decorate these past five years, it’s not like I hate my life or anything haha”

Still, she did find the time to put up a piano poster on the wall above her bed. :'( Nice callback to her old room in Nibelheim.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Also I read some tweets commenting on how Cloud and Tifa seemed like siblings (???) while Aerith is pushed as the love interest because she's always flirting with Cloud (???) and I'm like... wow, what kind of interactions do you have with your siblings, and also, eww, no, don't tell me!

Lannisters, probably. Westeros finally got hold of internet connection.

Considering how small the Nibelheim village is, with no sign of recent influx of residents (a mako reactor outside Midgar usually means "nothing else out there"), my headcanon has long been that Cloud and Tifa have common ancestry four- or three generations back. Not a pleasant thought but it's a headcanon I can't seem to shake.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Not to bring that abomination of a debate back, but I felt like I woke up in the fucking Twilight Zone this morning coming in to read several pages of --

---
::Girl 1 grabs Guy's arm and looks Girl 2 in the eyes::

Girl 1 (playfully, perhaps even teasingly): "Mine!"

::camera cuts to unhappy look on Girl 2's face::

::camera focuses on Girl 2 grabbing Guy's other arm::

Half the posts in the thread: "How could anyone see jealousy/possessiveness/envy/claiming of Guy in that exchange??"
---

:wacky::wacky::wacky:

Blame it on the English localization fouling it up if need be, but Lord have mercy, Aerith literally says "Mine!" One doesn't need to be blinded by Shipping Goggles to perceive what's clearly being shown to them:

dFcZemQ.jpg

8ttcoDX.jpg

vnxxPnS.jpg

The interactions with Tifa are really... sexual though.

Like when she first invited me into her room I felt something kinda like needing to pee.

That might have more to do with how gay I am for Tifa.

...and all the other girls in the game :sadpanda:

Not Kyrie tho

Just when I thought we'd become soulmates. =(

The english version also got the meaning of the flower wrong. In japanese the yellow flower simply means "reunion," not "reunion between lovers."

I don't think the English version ever says this, though? I know it erroneously has Aerith say that lovers used to give them to one another when they were reunited, but as far as the meaning of the flower goes, that's still specified to just be "reunion."

Also I read some tweets commenting on how Cloud and Tifa seemed like siblings (???) while Aerith is pushed as the love interest because she's always flirting with Cloud (???) and I'm like... wow, what kind of interactions do you have with your siblings ...

Finally, an interesting direction for this thread. Tell me more.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Considering how small the Nibelheim village is, with no sign of recent influx of residents (a mako reactor outside Midgar usually means "nothing else out there"), my headcanon has long been that Cloud and Tifa have common ancestry four- or three generations back. Not a pleasant thought but it's a headcanon I can't seem to shake.

That's interesting. I have a different one. My headcanon is that Cloud's mother was not originally from Nibelheim (Nibelheimer?). She either had an affair or was a runaway who was knocked up by some rando. Anyway, she came to Nibelheim pregnant with Cloud to start a new life. She lived there peacefully with Cloud, but somewhat isolated from the rest of the villagers. I always had this impression that they were isolated (that the villagers somehow look down at them because of their situation), which contributed to Cloud's lone wolf tendencies.

That's just my take.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Not to bring that abomination of a debate back, but I felt like I woke up in the fucking Twilight Zone this morning coming in to read several pages of --

---
::Girl 1 grabs Guy's arm and looks Girl 2 in the eyes::

Girl 1 (playfully, perhaps even teasingly): "Mine!"

::camera cuts to unhappy look on Girl 2's face::

::camera focuses on Girl 2 grabbing Guy's other arm::

Half the posts in the thread: "How could anyone see jealousy/possessiveness/envy/claiming of Guy in that exchange??"
---

:wacky::wacky::wacky:

Blame it on the English localization fouling it up if need be, but Lord have mercy, Aerith literally says "Mine!" One doesn't need to be blinded by Shipping Goggles to perceive what's clearly being shown to them:

dFcZemQ.jpg

8ttcoDX.jpg

vnxxPnS.jpg

Just when I thought we'd become soulmates. =(

I don't think the English version ever says this, though? I know it erroneously has Aerith say that lovers used to give them to one another when they were reunited, but as far as the meaning of the flower goes, that's still specified to just be "reunion."

Finally, an interesting direction for this thread. Tell me more.

I am not sure what you are talking about because I wasn't apart of that conversation at all. :whistle:
Does anyone else think Tifa is at least part Wutainese? She looks nothing like her father and we don’t know what her mother looks like, but I’m inclined to think she takes after her.

If that is the case then Tifa's mom must be really hot good looking as well.

Also I read some tweets commenting on how Cloud and Tifa seemed like siblings (???) while Aerith is pushed as the love interest because she's always flirting with Cloud (???) and I'm like... wow, what kind of interactions do you have with your siblings, and also, eww, no, don't tell me! I also disagree with Aerith always flirting with him, but hey, what do I know, I find that Aerith put the brakes down comparing to her OG self, so yeah, maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

I can see why this could actually be seen that way. If you take away all of the so called romantic scenes, it could be that Cloud is making sure that his sister (Tifa) is being taking care of.

Although you will have to figure out how to resolve the jumping off the train tuck and roll though.

Other than that, they could be seen as siblings. After all Cloud never received a kiss. Damn it! I can't un-see this now!

Last edited:

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
Jessie spends half a chapter glued to Cloud's back, is that the devs pushing them together? Well, literally yes but you know what I mean. Tifa's scenes do carry a certain intimacy that the others don't, though. Cloud is naturally more relaxed around her given their history, but the way the game frames them is certainly nudging us desperate fools along.

It is definitely the devs pushing them together in that scene, yes. I've seen several streamers comment that someone must have really liked Jessie at the creators' table.

Hell, the better you do in the biking sequence the more romantically-charged the ending scene there is.

The only reason that Jessie isn't a viable love interest is because she dies too soon and maybe also 'cause it's ambiguous how much she actually means what she says.

Top Bottom