• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
^^ Yet another new Cloti account!!

Something's up.
"

ah yes, when met with discussion, respond by completing ignoring it.

let me explain to you why there are so many new cloti accounts.

1. the remake recently came out.

2. many new and old fans were naturally very excited by this.

3. tifa was the runaway star of the game. cloud/tifa gained even more popularity.

4. thus, with a vigor for discussion, we have come here to discuss.

sorry that tifa (and cloud/tifa) has resonated so well with the players, i guess the devs were just too good at their jobs

minami758

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Miiwoo
Wait, am I being accused of being someone I'm not? Because I don't even have a Tumblr. I know of the Tumblr account you speak of, but that's just because it's been linked before. @Final_Heaven has been a consistent contributor to the forum for a bit now, and they just told you they're not the person who runs that Tumblr. In fact, the owner of that Tumblr just came in and said who they are. And from what I can see, they've been here since 2013.

BB, as many have already told you, the Remake just released, of course there are new fans flocking to the most well known FF7-dedicated forum that's still active. The LTD is an interesting topic to discuss, none of us here are trying to debate in bad faith. You're pulling shit out of your ass and accusing people of things with no evidence.

I'm not a mod, but I think I can safely say they'll tell you to please stop bringing in outside beef.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah we can drop the little conspiracy angle here please.

A) There ARE new members due to the remake, and they're more likely to be in here because all of the long-time members are sick to death of the LTD.
B) Even if all the new members are from some Cloti tumblr...I'm not sure why that's an issue, unless they were dupes. Anyone can join the forum.

It's irrelevant, just focus on the topic or don't bother with the discussion.

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer
It felt strange how I was being bombarded by all these new accounts that support Cloti.

But I ignored my instincts and gut feeling. Until I saw the new Final Heaven account on TLS, and the fact that one of the other new accounts used the Final Heaven Tumblr as a source.

And of course the Remake is being used as justification for the increase in all these new pro-Cloti members. It's a great cover.

Yet somehow, one of the new accounts literally used the Final Heaven Tumblr blog as EVIDENCE. And there is also a new account by the name of Final Heaven. Weird coincidence.

Something just feels strange. My instincts and gut feeling have been telling me that this doesn't feel right.

All these new accounts seem so fascinated with the LTD.

And they even go by the name of Final Heaven and use the Final Heaven Tumblr blog as evidence.

Weird.

I guess it's all a coincidence due to the Remake.

Y'all can have 'em.

kate-kane

Rookie Adventurer
Yet somehow, one of the new accounts literally used the Final Heaven Tumblr blog as EVIDENCE. And there is also a new account by the name of Final Heaven. Weird coincidence.

Something just feels strange. My instincts and gut feeling have been telling me that this doesn't feel right.

All these new accounts seem so fascinated with the LTD.

I was perfectly fine reading this thread from the shadows—like I have been the past seven years—until you strapped on your tin-foil hat and went on a slandering rampage because 3 different users who just so happen to be Cloud/Tifa fans, also have the same/similar usernames (a very popular name, by the way).

Just don't bring our blog into it. We didn't do anything to you. Someone linked to it because we're a popular blog, but we have never done anything to your community or you specifically. That's a different blog altogether. That's all I'm trying to get across.

(Sorry for this, Mods. I'm done now.)

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer
If felt weird even before I saw the new Final Heaven account.

It felt weird even before I saw a new member use the Final Heaven Tumblr account as evidence.

All of this just feels weird.

Peace out!

Sasseli

~*:Newbie:*~
I'm not sure three accounts count as a bombardment, but whatever. This discussion is over. Next post by anyone: About the LTD or don't post at all.
Thank you for that clear statement that everyone should understand!

Now I wonder... are there even people who respect, or even like, both pairings? Up until CC, no, even up to the Remake, I saw the appeal of both, but somehow, the Remake made it so that Clerith no longer appeals to me. I just don't feel any chemistry between them, even in their romantic scenes. Aerith has somehow become so different, more happy-go-lucky and outgoing on the outside, but much more serious on the inside. With her whole past and future hanging above and around her.
She doesn't seem much interested in romance anymore. Seeing the bigger picture and all. Maybe that's why she encourages Tifa to follow her heart, as well. She does seem to nudge Cloud and Tifa towards each other throughout the game.

a_apple 2.0

Pro Adventurer
AKA
a_apple
Yep

FINAL-FANTASY-VII-REMAKE_20200328225400-e1585918728878.png

It's a seemingly Cloud x Aerith moment with a Cloud x TIfa underbelly.
That's a fucking mindblow, how did I never catch that before

a_apple 2.0

Pro Adventurer
AKA
a_apple
Aerith's lines are in reference to a "sad" moment from the OG. That "sad" moment is most obviously Aerith's death.

Aerith is telling Cloud not to fall in love with her because she not only knows that she dies, but she also knows that Cloud falls in love with her. Aerith is trying to protect Cloud.

Sure -- romantic relationships aren't always the most interesting relationships. But SE decided to make Cloud and Aertih develop a romance (they are in a love triangle together). Therefore, SE must think that the romantic element of Cloud and Aerith's relationship is important for some reason, right?

To me, it is obvious that by making Aerith a romantic possibility for Cloud, they are heightening the impact of her death.

But it states Tifa is jealous because Aerith is her "love rival." Therefore, there is validity to Tifa's jealousy due to Aerith being her officially established "love rival." Hell -- Cloud, Aerith and Tifa are all in a love triangle together. Of course their is validity to Tifa's jealousy.
Hey, if Cloud is allowed to get jealous over Tifa, than she is also allowed to get jelly over chocobo boy!jelly.png

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
You'll get used to this kind of debate, unfortunately...
Sorry about earlier. I admit I got triggered. As a child of a "stepmom" and so-called "second wife", I grew up hearing this kind of insult being thrown at both of us from my dad's kids from his first marriage. I'd like to get used to it, but it's disturbing, and it still hurts.

Now I wonder... are there even people who respect, or even like, both pairings? Up until CC, no, even up to the Remake, I saw the appeal of both, but somehow, the Remake made it so that Clerith no longer appeals to me. I just don't feel any chemistry between them, even in their romantic scenes. Aerith has somehow become so different, more happy-go-lucky and outgoing on the outside, but much more serious on the inside. With her whole past and future hanging above and around her.
She doesn't seem much interested in romance anymore. Seeing the bigger picture and all. Maybe that's why she encourages Tifa to follow her heart, as well. She does seem to nudge Cloud and Tifa towards each other throughout the game.

I still see the appeal of CxA in terms of what we've got in the Remake so far, apart from the rest of the compilation. Because, at this point, the future isn't set in stone. At least that's what I'm lead to believe, so this opens up possibilities.

I've mentioned this before, but, in my mind, it's established that Cloud harbors feelings for Tifa from childhood. If he didn't, that promise wouldn't keep him in Midgar, not for that measly amount of gil. Just like she was seen hesitating to ask him to stay, he was hesitating to tell her he doesn't want to leave her. But, surprisingly, he does go through with it. He tells her it's because of a promise he made to her, so we know it's not the gil. He can't even look her in the eyes when he says this, and so I felt that in that moment, yeah, this guy has feelings for her, and you'd be blind not to see it.

But, I need to see the "how" this came to be. That's what's missing right now. It's like I know they really like each other, I clearly see they're attracted to each other. But exactly how did they fall in love? Their relationship is interesting because there's still so many unanswered questions, and it leaves a lot of room for discussion.

With Aerith, we saw Cloud start from being cold to her, and then gradually opening up. All this happens onscreen for the players to see. Even if, in my eyes, I don't feel that "love" is in the equation yet, Aerith brought up the "love" word into their conversation, so automatically that is going to get people thinking about them in that way, because it did click with me there too.

However, right after this "love" conversation, they had a lackluster (in terms of the LTD) reunion at Shinra HQ. I didn't feel it at all.

I still think CxA's light-hearted banter is cute and makes me giddy. The way he looked at her in her red dress and the fireworks lit up felt romantic. Girl got actual fireworks!

But I lean more toward CxT right now because, I dunno... It's hard to explain, like Cloud says. For me, it's like, someone could say they love me a million times, but I won't believe it. But the moment they hold me in their arms, I feel it. Like, really feel it. People can diss the hug all they want because Cloud was awkward, but even CxA fans should admit, it takes a lot for Cloud to be this passionate about a hug. I haven't seen him hug anyone else in the entire game.

I keep remembering Cloud trying to grab Aerith's wrists in her Resolution scene, but his hand passes through hers. And then, I remember Tifa grabbing onto his wrist to catch him from falling, and then he grabs back onto hers. The camera shows this moment to us, with just their hands, and the motion of him grabbing onto her wrist. Those two images are juxtaposed in my mind and hard for me to shake right now. Maybe things will change in Part 2.

Last edited:

loozzer

Pro Adventurer

im never gonna be into cloud/aerith but if i had been introduced to ff7 as a teen/adult they would totally be my ship. i only stan cloti so hard is because when i was a kid saw a clip of AC where they're lying in the flowers in aerith's church, i honestly thought cloti created romance lmao. that was my first introduction to FF as a whole so i'm always gonna have a soft spot for cloti but clerith is usually what i LOVE in romance. their scenes in the remake had me dying, it was so good. but i have a strong attachment to cloti as my first ever ship so i can't bring myself to stan clerith :sigh:.

i think as people have mentioned, the whole star crossed lover thing is just so appealing to me. the magic flower girl and stoic hero cliche hits all the sweet spots, especially since in the remake the characters have been so well developed. there's so much angst and longing on both sides for something that was never meant to be. heart wrenching stuff and i love it lol. if i look at things objectively, cloti are too normal and boring for me. they're two people who have been through everything together and their love is so pure. everything's very soft and it's adorable but i need more.

i actually like clerith even more in the remake (or i would like them if i wasn't 100% cloti) because aerith probably knows her fate. it just makes everything so much angstier and complicated. the idea of having to keep cloud at arms length because eventually she's gonna die but also knowing that she'll get attached anyways? the inevitability of falling in love with someone you can never be with? that shit hurts in the best way. i'm a sucker for fate, destiny, etc. and i think clerith (and zerith, which i also love) pretty much own that market. i love how, on one hand, there's this resentment for destiny because aerith and zack both die. But, on the other hand, the idea that destiny determines the aerith/cloud or zack/aerith relationship makes the romance so grand. cloti on the other hand is very much rooted in reality which isn't usually my thing (but i stan regardless in this specific case lmao).

and i also want to mention that i love zerith so much more in the remake as well. zack might live? there might be alternate universes?? sign me up for all the angst lol

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
the older woman thing looks like a call to aerith on the surface but if you watch the scene carefully it also hints at tifa. when cloud opens his eyes after the dream there are stars in his eyes, like the stars in the sky on the night they made their promise.

it's a good scene, depending on your interpretation it could point to either of the girls. although my personal opinion is that it points to tifa more since aerith is like literally the opposite of mature lol.

What shippers think Cloud's mom meant:
Aerith profile.jpg
What Claudia actually meant:
Marle & Cloud -silly Goose!.jpg

rkss

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Me
Unsurprisingly, both Cloud's mama and Tifa's papa were killed by Sephiroth.
Everyone should get the message by now.

Reactions: LNK

Ruri

Pro Adventurer
My stance on C/A: I like these two. I would like to like the pairing more but the lack of chemistry acts like a barrier for me. I genuinely would prefer to multi-ship so I can enjoy both couples to the same degree.

Aerith is simply a very lovable character. Gorgeous, fun, sassy, caring and a magical girl. She's made very easy to love and it works. She's also apparently now meta-Aerith and I don't quite know where her mind is at as opposed to the OG but I'll just take it for what it is as what part one of the remake showed us. In a span of what, a day, she manages to take Cloud Strife who was initially huffing and puffing over needing to get back to Sector 7 in every other breath and struggling to gel with Aerith's cheerful attitude, and Aerith takes it, and turns it topsy-turvey in a day. Maybe longer but it is in days that she takes Cloud who is all about the ex-SOLDIER energy and turns him into a man who yells at flowers in her defense because she got sullen for two minutes.

Even before the Wall Market shenanigans and it was finally time that Aerith would permit to allow Cloud out of her sight and tell him "Well here's the way back to Sector 7, off you go!" he trips a little over his words and doesn't move, because quite plainly, he's already gotten attached to her.

By the time the dream sequence happens and Aerith is gone because she got captured in order to wrangle a deal in order to get Marlene to safety, there is a responsibility and there is an unspoken feeling there too, I think. Perhaps the start of feelings, but something is there. Regardless of what I think, it is supported by Dream Aerith knowing Cloud is going to fall in love. His bodyguard job also doesn't end with her date repayment and his bodyguard status is no longer the reason he goes to rescue her.

The only problem is, C/A sort of ends there. After Cloud and co. head off to Shinra HQ to get her back, the C/A moments stop coming. There's not much of a significant reunion between the two alone. I understand there are bigger priorities in the moment to deal with so perhaps the waves of circumstances while the infiltrate and rescue Op is ongoing is what prevents that and we will get a mention in part two. Well, maybe. Because despite the same situation, C/T still got that rooftop moment.

Re-reading what I wrote, it's like I can read the chemistry between the two in what I wrote, it just doesn't come out to me on screen.

Gotta make a shout-out to my favourite C/A scene: Midnight Rendezvous. The music pulls you in to feel the night and the atmosphere with them and it is so excellently done.

minami758

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Miiwoo
Sorry about earlier. I admit I got triggered. As a child of a "stepmom" and so-called "second wife", I grew up hearing this kind of insult being thrown at both of us from my dad's kids from his first marriage. I'd like to get used to it, but it's disturbing, and it still hurts.

Don't worry about it, it's not your fault for reacting to incendiary comments. Thankfully these types of bad faith takes are rarely brought up here, the mods do a good job of cleaning up.

im never gonna be into cloud/aerith but if i had been introduced to ff7 as a teen/adult they would totally be my ship.
if i look at things objectively, cloti are too normal and boring for me. they're two people who have been through everything together and their love is so pure. everything's very soft and it's adorable but i need more.

This is so interesting because I'm the opposite, haha. As a kid Cloud/Aerith was appealing because I was a fan of the whole Disney meet-cute/opposites attract thing. I'd enjoyed both CA and Cloud/Tifa at the time, though I was also a fan of Zack/Aerith, so maybe that also diluted my enjoyment of CA. Anyway, now that I'm an adult CA feels too... pretty? It rings a bit hollow (hah) for me now, personally, though at one time I did like it, so I can see the appeal.

I'm a fan of the realistic dynamic Cloud and Tifa have, as well as the slow burn to get to that culmination. They very much have a "dance around each other's feelings/idiots in love" type of dynamic that I quite like. Plus the whole shared trauma and history they have and the unraveling of Cloud's mysteries surrounding his identity... that shit is juicy as fuck.

As Murray says:
tumblr_ca18e73680fdcdda1aaa68dd22831d84_aed98231_640.gif

Eerie

Fire and Blood
@loozzer you know, there's nothing wrong with multishipping ;)

All I can say is that your reasons to like CxA are exactly why I don't like them. I like couples that work out their problems. That are realistic to some degree. Which CxA isn't. I don't mind the magical girl and al, but there must be something else for me to get attached to a ship. This is why I love cloti. All in all, there are a lot of problems with Cloud and Tifa, but it's the fact that they manage to help each other to get through them that make them interesting to me. I see them as a healthy ship to look forward to for young people too; they show realistically what being a couple is, and how they make it work beautifully, backing each other when it's most needed. To me, this is the ground for a deep love, and something that sometimes young people don't realise, so there should be more couples like these two.

I remember reading someone in reddit saying that cloti was unappealing to them because it was so boring, while clerith was made of sparks. And I can understand the appeal, but it does give a lot of bad images to me about what true love is haha. This also reminds me of what I said in the FC a few days ago: that I have difficulties of seeing the sparks in CxA, because Cloud isn't himself. Even if the feelings are real and genuine, the way he answers to Aerith is his fake persona popping out, a very-like hero one, so I'm having a bit of difficulty seeing CxA working out because one of them isn't himself in this pairing.

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
@loozzer you know, there's nothing wrong with multishipping ;)

All I can say is that your reasons to like CxA are exactly why I don't like them. I like couples that work out their problems. That are realistic to some degree. Which CxA isn't. I don't mind the magical girl and al, but there must be something else for me to get attached to a ship. This is why I love cloti. All in all, there are a lot of problems with Cloud and Tifa, but it's the fact that they manage to help each other to get through them that make them interesting to me. I see them as a healthy ship to look forward to for young people too; they show realistically what being a couple is, and how they make it work beautifully, backing each other when it's most needed. To me, this is the ground for a deep love, and something that sometimes young people don't realise, so there should be more couples like these two.

I remember reading someone in reddit saying that cloti was unappealing to them because it was so boring, while clerith was made of sparks. And I can understand the appeal, but it does give a lot of bad images to me about what true love is haha. This also reminds me of what I said in the FC a few days ago: that I have difficulties of seeing the sparks in CxA, because Cloud isn't himself. Even if the feelings are real and genuine, the way he answers to Aerith is his fake persona popping out, a very-like hero one, so I'm having a bit of difficulty seeing CxA working out because one of them isn't himself in this pairing.

haha i try to be a multi shipper but i'm too loyal :sigh:

and yea i think most of my ships would never actually work out in real life. i would also never hope that anyone irl has the type of relationship that i enjoy exploring in fiction lol. i think "sparks" or whatever would be terribly exhausting to keep up forever. to quote the killing eve finale "We’d never make it that long. We’d consume each other before we got old".

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Imho multi-shipping needs to be the norm in the fandom, not the exception. Maybe that way shippers would calm down a little and actually enjoy FFVII.
I've always been partial to Cloud and Tifa because when I played the OG, for me, it was obvious they were the intended pairing and Aerith annoyed the hell out of me with her "I'll pay you with a date date date date", but I liked her when she concocted the crossdressing plan to sneak into the Don's place. But Cloud and Aerith as pairing is... bland. Boring. Yeah, opposites attract, but Cloud is a total pushover and it isn't really fun and it gets boring. They're so.... pretty? And that's it. Booring!
With the "opposites attract" dynamic I like Aerith and Tifa better, they're great and make a great team. And I like crackships. :awesome:

Last edited:

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
@loozzer @Eerie I know you guys don't think Cloud and Tifa have that fate/destiny angle to their relationship, but I think they lowkey kinda do. I mean, how difficult it is for someone to bump into their first love in a big city? It's been 10 years for me, and that boy I crushed on in elementary school is nowhere in sight! I think it's miraculous actually. Feels almost like fate is pulling them together once again.

Really, what are the chances she'd bump into this guy again, whom she shared a promise with under the starry skies, when they were separated by so many obstacles and tragic circumstances? I find that emotionally compelling.

Top Bottom