SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Unfortunately, no.

It's probably in a story playback section, if I had to guess. I think it's a passage that is describing something in the ending cutscene.
I'll do my best to look for it.

Yeah, it's the second one I'm really curious about, since it feels kind of random to have Cloud and Tifa just...there. Thanks, anyway.
Hence if I can find the provenance and hopefully the context it'll make more sense. Though it's possible those are from the KH mobile game that ran around the same time? It had a basically identical artstyle.

Also, KFC being a quintessential Christmas thing in Japan will never not be funny to me. I literally would never guess it.
Quintessential Christmas Couple thing. To this day you still need reservations for KFC on Christmas in Japan for a marketing stunt that was started in the late 70s. It boggles the mind.

That's so funny how they paired up Tidus and Rinoa. If that's not a testament to how unreliable these "sources" are, then I don't know what is.
When I get around to writing a big long essay about the narrative of C and T's romance, the real world releases is going to have a section that is essentially "Cameos are basically meaningless, but even then S-E always makes sure to quash CA and push CT. Dissidia 012 is especially notable here, given Maaya was literally working on that one and there was a pure Aerith fanservice assist character that had 0 bearing on the plot that they had her voice. Whole Plot for Cloud was Tifa Tifa Tifa.

This is one of the reasons why I always find it so funny when mostly Western fandom gushes about the romanticism of Tanabata. I mean, sure, the story is about two lovers (who got separated because they didn't do their jobs properly). But as actual dates/holidays in Japan, Christmas is more for lovers and Tanabata is not, as far as I know. I don't even remember when was the last time I saw Tanabata in a manga.
I saw it recently, but the story was in fact about two people who were having to do a long distance relationship because of work/ school, so it was thematically relevant. Side Character's Love Story BTW.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
View attachment 17062

Context means nothing I suppose.

“Guys, I've done my research, if we delete Tifa from the game, Clerith is canon. My calculations are flawless. The facts are just here. Insane. Sorry Cloti you never had a chance."
It's actually kind of funny they ignored the gentle cheek touch during the Nibelheim incident. Sort of confirms my "to them the plot starts when Aerith is on screen and ends when she is not." hypothesis. Aerith wasn't in the flashback, it doesn't matter.

(Even if, purely for the sake of discussion, the cheek touch didn't happen there.... Cloud wants it to have, says it did.)

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
It's actually kind of funny they ignored the gentle cheek touch during the Nibelheim incident. Sort of confirms my "to them the plot starts when Aerith is on screen and ends when she is not." hypothesis. Aerith wasn't in the flashback, it doesn't matter.

(Even if, purely for the sake of discussion, the cheek touch didn't happen there.... Cloud wants it to have, says it did.)
It’s undeniable that the amount of physical contact between Cloud and Tifa is off every chart known to human kind.

Tifa breathes and Cloud with find an excuse to put his hand on her back

Yoru

Pro Adventurer

Given that Remake and Rebirth are a "hugfest" between Cloud and Tifa not even hidden or discreet... I think your theory is pretty solid.

Mine is that they not even played the games.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
I'll do my best to look for it.
No pressure, of course.

Hence if I can find the provenance and hopefully the context it'll make more sense. Though it's possible those are from the KH mobile game that ran around the same time? It had a basically identical artstyle.
Them reusing the art style is also testament to how little they cared.

Quintessential Christmas Couple thing. To this day you still need reservations for KFC on Christmas in Japan for a marketing stunt that was started in the late 70s. It boggles the mind.
What was the marketing stunt if you don't mind? It must have been REALLY good.

When I get around to writing a big long essay about the narrative of C and T's romance, the real world releases is going to have a section that is essentially "Cameos are basically meaningless, but even then S-E always makes sure to quash CA and push CT. Dissidia 012 is especially notable here, given Maaya was literally working on that one and there was a pure Aerith fanservice assist character that had 0 bearing on the plot that they had her voice. Whole Plot for Cloud was Tifa Tifa Tifa.
Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts baited them so hard that I almost feel bad. That NPTK trailer aswell, I think it was put together by Nomura himself. Hilarious.

Also, I'd love to read that essay when you get around to it!

-----

Something else I'd like to ask about is the exact translation for this:
1717789894630.png

I've seen people argue that what's said here is simply "egashira" (I think), and that it's a more general statement that men are drawn to her.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
I saw it via the updated version from TifaTheMonk: x.com
Lol I love how the Gongaga is on the kiss slot.

See, I love the GS kiss, it’s great. But I LOVE LOVE the Gongaga near kiss. It’s just yet again the game beating you over the head that they have a romantic air around them. It’s like…”oh in case you didn’t get it, yes this is a romantic and intimate scene so here are the other characters also understanding that and making it obvious for the player to understand.”

IMG_1508.jpeg

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
So, looking back on these, I realize the first two are both Tokyo Disneyland sponsor images. One is a Christmas image as well, which means it's super extra- date-y, because Christmas is for Lovers in Japan. So is KFC but that's an insane marketing coup. The second is I believe an ad for the Tokyo Disney wedding specials that the park hosts. I will try and establish their provenance somehow.

Speaking of the Christmas --

FFVII: Ever Crisis (the mobile game), released skins for Zack and Aerith during the Christmas Event. It gives off an impression of a "date." Both character are waiting at a street (its very similar, if not the same for both characters) and the colors and design of their outfits compliment and match each other. Seeing how Christmas is a romantic holiday for couples in Japan, it seems to be purposeful playing into ZA as a couple.

There is also the Prince and Princess outfits. Though they were released separate from each other, the design and the colors of the costumes match each other.

Recently, they released the Monster Hunter crossover outfits and even there you can see matching elements in Zack and Aerith's outfits. The red string material on Aerith's dress is very similar to the red string on Zack's outfit. Also, on the front of Aerith's dress, there is a bow. This bow design is very similar, if not the same bow design that is tied at the back of Zack's outfit.

Perhaps it means nothing but its interesting to observe how Zack and Aerith's costumes seem to be designed to "match" each other. In the context of Japanese culture, matching outfits is a thing for couples.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
No pressure, of course.
No promises on finding anything either.

Them reusing the art style is also testament to how little they cared.
I mean it's sort of the house style for that specific studio. They do the Theatrhythm games now.

What was the marketing stunt if you don't mind? It must have been REALLY good.
Okay, it's so simple but it's genius. In the 1970s, a foreign customer lamented the inability to get turkey, and said "I have no choice but to celebrate Christmas with KFC." This led to the "At Christmas, you eat chicken" campaign, and the specific stunt was to dress up as Santa and hand out KFC to school children around the holiday. The slogan is "Kentucky is Christmas."
The funny thing is, it wasn't a romantic thing at first. But Christmas is. And then KFC got linked to Christmas and the two just became utterly interlocked for 50 years. Actually literally 50 years this year, since the first campaign was in 74.

Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts baited them so hard that I almost feel bad. That NPTK trailer aswell, I think it was put together by Nomura himself. Hilarious.

Also, I'd love to read that essay when you get around to it!
I just need to find myself the time. I'll probably do a broad pass first then go back and add specific citations. Might as well crowd source that part.

-----

View attachment 17063

I've seen people argue that what's said here is simply "egashira" (I think), and that it's a more general statement that men are drawn to her.
Give me a bit. Do you have a high res source, BTW? Kanji are a bitch at low resolutions.

Speaking of the Christmas --

FFVII: Ever Crisis (the mobile game), released skins for Zack and Aerith during the Christmas Event. It gives off an impression of a "date." Both character are waiting at a street (its very similar, if not the same for both characters) and the colors and design of their outfits compliment and match each other. Seeing how Christmas is a romantic holiday for couples in Japan, it seems to be purposeful playing into ZA as a couple.

There is also the Prince and Princess outfits. Though they were released separate from each other, the design and the colors of the costumes match each other.

Recently, they released the Monster Hunter crossover outfits and even there you can see matching elements in Zack and Aerith's outfits. The red string material on Aerith's dress is very similar to the red string on Zack's outfit. Also, on the front of Aerith's dress, there is a bow. This bow design is very similar, if not the same bow design that is tied at the back of Zack's outfit.

Perhaps it means nothing but its interesting to observe how Zack and Aerith's costumes seem to be designed to "match" each other. In the context of Japanese culture, matching outfits is a thing for couples.
Their outfits are also reference to the same specific game in the series, while Cloud and Tifa's outfits are one of the most iconic sword and amors and perhaps THE most iconic armor set in the game.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
1717789894630.png

It took me ages but I found Yoki's message about it (she is Japanese): x.com

It freaking tires me of how much they still rely on twisted translations, I'm just grateful we have many people able to dismiss those nowadays.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Facts and perspicacity!

Knew I could count on you for more old timey fancy talk. Also thanks to this thread for giving me a reason to use "ragamuffin," "balderdash," and "chicanery" again.

We do what we must because we can.

For science. You monster.

Ugh. YECs and other evolution deniers are just so irritating.

That's my religious brother-in-law for ya. I did what I could to flagrantly undo that influence by being vastly cooler than him. I think the girls at least learned a thing or two about critical thinking and peaceful but firm protest.

Will I have a muffin button?

Well if not, then where did we get these muffins?

The Holy Grail musical is a good show. It probably means we'll never get a stage adaptation of Life of Brian though, since it borrowed Bright side of Life.

Likely true, but then if anyone might say "fuck it we're doing it anyway" it'd be them.

Now the question is what's an amusing way to make an amusingly polite Demoman mirror?

That is difficult. I think perhaps we turn him from black Scottish cyclops to Asian English cyclops (who is missing the other eye) and give him a received pronunciation accent. Drink tea instead of scrumpy, etc. Kill taunt can be "Sorry for the ruckus, friend, so unseemly."

In which way he gets lucky we leave as an exercise to the reader.

Somewhere Scout is respawning after the very thought broke his poor little heart.

I must be. IIRC it was a black man with absolutely no powers who took up the mantle solely because he thought the city needed a Spider-Man. He expected to stop muggings, but got involved with some supers by accident and Pete came out of hiding- still injured- to save him. I thought his name was Matt, but I could easily be wrong. There are way too many characters to keep track and Spidey is not my main area of focus.

I remember that guy, his name might have been Matt. There's so many main, supporting, and one shot characters in Spidey's stories name overlap is inevitable, even without the wider Marvel world.

I'll have to locate it then.

Worth it. I'd hand you my copy for the weekend but my arms be too short.

I mean rightly so, on both accounts. Infuriating at the time, but hilarious when you calm down and realize the implications.

Exactly so.

For some reason, I am reminded of the Astro City character Cracker Jack (think Spider-Man but with toy gadgets) who encounters possible future children of his who follow extremely warped and twisted versions of his methods with no moral code. I sort of imagine his disgust as how Aerith feels seeing what her supposed fans are saying about her and her best friend.

Fuck, poor Aerith.

Also definitely read Astro City if you get the chance.

Will do if I get the opportunity.

Like, caring about your favorite fictions into an old age is fine,

Encouraged even.

but it really seemed like it was the only thing she gave a shit about in Final Fantasy. Like there were very strange gaps in her knowledge about the subject. I think she might have played FF10, but she seemed completely clueless about FF8, IIRC.

Yeah, that's about right. And her gaps about other FF games would be fine if she didn't try to use it in her favor. The lack of knowledge pertaining to 7 was of course more detrimental to her claims to be a real fan.

I agree, which is why I will give them an out. For their sake and mine.

Kind to them as a means of being kind to yourself. Good philosophy.

Maybe it's the distinction between actual men and the depiction of men in Yaoi- since those tend to be written by women for women - that makes the latter register as something different?

Makes a certain amount of sense.

I hold my doubts, but sure, why not.

I took them at their word myself, but of course they may just have been closeted bi or something.

Happy Pride to everyone btw :monster:

Waluigi isn't playable because they aren't sure how he got into the game in the first place. He's too powerful. Putting out a roster slot for him might let him escape into our world.

I pictured this expecting to laugh. Instead I just find it legit shudder-worthy.

Let's add Mai, Tifa, and Anne Takamaki as playable characters and complete the roster of "entirely loyal and surprisingly innocent sex symbols"

We're not that fortunate sadly. If Tifa were DLC I'd have thrown the money for her as hard as I can and spent hours rearranging Sephiroth's face with her. I might even be doing that right now.

They will be good dreams of terrible men and their robots.

:awesome:

Going to such points as "BLUE BABY" "KOI BITO" "JEALOUSY" "DIM CRUSH" and "IN THE PAST"

Sounds about right. Also "Womanizer" and "War Criminal" to cover their bases.

A perfect snack for an evening's entertainment.

Snacks for all.

Take off the pink bandaid, clean the wound, wash it was some alcohol, and apply a new white sterile pad with a black bandage. Let Cloti heal you.

Once upon a time, someone woulda put this quote in their sig.

If you look away from the mountain, it ceases to exist.

If the mountain falls in your head, you won't care anymore.

Fair enough.

Indeed.

As it should be. The audience are the people to convince, after all. Show them your position has more merit. Ideally through the application of facts and good arguments, but showing that the opponent is deranged does in a pinch.

Unless the audience is also deranged. cough*MAGA*cough

She's amazing, what can I say?

Adorable.

I've been chatting with you in this forum for longer than I've known the wife, come to think of it.

Hah, same. Excepting the part where Clicky and I discussed marriage and mutually said "meh" of course.

Self destructing under the pressure, one presumes.

Imploding like they took a trip to the Titanic.

She regularly made two to three in a day to post with and more for later when she posted here, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, that's a potentially large number.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
It took me ages but I found Yoki's message about it (she is Japanese): x.com

It freaking tires me of how much they still rely on twisted translations, I'm just grateful we have many people able to dismiss those nowadays.
To follow up, this is accurate, except the literal translation is "Main Character's" rather than "Cloud's" but that's splitting hairs.

Hey GLD, ping you back later.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
I just need to find myself the time. I'll probably do a broad pass first then go back and add specific citations. Might as well crowd source that part.
I always use Tres' analysis as a source for the quotes, that's probably a good first place to look for them.

Their outfits are also reference to the same specific game in the series, while Cloud and Tifa's outfits are one of the most iconic sword and amors and perhaps THE most iconic armor set in the game.
I'd be careful drawing conclusions from Ever Crisis. There was that time that Cloud got a Zidane costume and Aerith got a Garnet/Dagger one, and I think Tifa got an Amouranth one.

You can probably guess what they made of that. Of course, the relation between Garnet and Aerith is not 'love interest', but characters who fit the mage archetype. And Tifa obviously because she's a brawler-type like Amouranth she's not going to get that outfit, and for Cloud, they're both the main characters.

But anyway, at the end of the day Ever Crisis is Gacha game. It's a shame because an outfit Tifa was given only a little while ago, an angelic outfit featuring white feathers, is a nice indication to her role in the story; Cloud's 'light' with Sephiroth being the opposide, his 'darkness'. The moment in Gongaga should've been enough to convince people of that, though. I got very devil-and-angel-on-your-shoulder vibes from it.
Okay, it's so simple but it's genius. In the 1970s, a foreign customer lamented the inability to get turkey, and said "I have no choice but to celebrate Christmas with KFC." This led to the "At Christmas, you eat chicken" campaign, and the specific stunt was to dress up as Santa and hand out KFC to school children around the holiday. The slogan is "Kentucky is Christmas."
The funny thing is, it wasn't a romantic thing at first. But Christmas is. And then KFC got linked to Christmas and the two just became utterly interlocked for 50 years. Actually literally 50 years this year, since the first campaign was in 74.
It's very peculiar how such simple marketing ploys can change our perception of things so easily. I swear the idea of Santa Claus is almost entirely made up by Coca Cola, no? Inspired by Saint Nicholas, but popularised by them?

Funny enough I've never actually had KFC, ever. It can't be that good, surely?

I mean it's sort of the house style for that specific studio. They do the Theatrhythm games now.
Eh, it still feels a bit cheap to reuse almost that exact same style every time. It doesn't necessarily look bad, it just kinda reeks of cheap mobile game.

No promises on finding anything either.
I guess you could say there's No Promises to Keep. :monster:

Yeah, again no pressure.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
It's a shame because an outfit Tifa was given only a little while ago, an angelic outfit featuring white feathers
Tifa's symbolised by white feathers (which people chose to ignore...) and associated a lot with angelic themes (7th Heaven, her weapon God's Hand, her limit Final Heaven but also her mother's name Thea who is a goddess in the Greek mythology).

It's not really surprising she got such an outfit tbh.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
7th Heaven, her weapon God's Hand, her limit Final Heaven
Something else that's also a neat detail is that her final limit break just so happens to be her Seventh one, called Final Heaven.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't there also religious significance to Seventh Heaven aswell? That the seventh heaven is the heaven where you are closest to god and therefore the most enlightened/happiest you can be? Something like that in some religion out there anyway.
It's not really surprising she got such an outfit tbh.
It's just a shame that it can't really be used in a debate due to the nature of Ever Crisis being a gacha game trying to swindle some money out of you.

Last edited:

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Something else that's also a neat detail is that her final limit break just so happens to be her Seventh one, called Final Heaven.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't there also religious significance to Seventh Heaven aswell? That the seventh heaven is the heaven where you are closest to god and therefore the most enlightened/happiest you can be? Something like that in some religion out there anyway.

It's just a shame that it can't really be used in a debate due to the nature of Ever Crisis being a gacha game trying to swindle some money out of you.
May have seen in passing that someone modded that outfit into Remake on PC. I’m sentenced to buy these games twice. Once on console because I’m impatient and again on pc for the mods

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Knew I could count on you for more old timey fancy talk. Also thanks to this thread for giving me a reason to use "ragamuffin," "balderdash," and "chicanery" again.
I see no reason these cannot enter your everyday lexicon.

For science. You monster.
More sass and someone will be cake.

That's my religious brother-in-law for ya. I did what I could to flagrantly undo that influence by being vastly cooler than him. I think the girls at least learned a thing or two about critical thinking and peaceful but firm protest.
Hope it all stuck.

Well if not, then where did we get these muffins?
it must be be Muffin Magic.

Likely true, but then if anyone might say "fuck it we're doing it anyway" it'd be them.
I just want a musical rendition of He's not the Messiah [He's a very naughty boy]

That is difficult. I think perhaps we turn him from black Scottish cyclops to Asian English cyclops (who is missing the other eye) and give him a received pronunciation accent. Drink tea instead of scrumpy, etc. Kill taunt can be "Sorry for the ruckus, friend, so unseemly."
Works for me. I had much the same thought but I was sort of mentally cycling around Dudley the black gentleman boxer from England in Street Fighter.

Somewhere Scout is respawning after the very thought broke his poor little heart.
That happens to him a lot.

I remember that guy, his name might have been Matt. There's so many main, supporting, and one shot characters in Spidey's stories name overlap is inevitable, even without the wider Marvel world.
I mean Marvel can't keep them all straight, why should anyone hold it against the fandom.

Worth it. I'd hand you my copy for the weekend but my arms be too short.
We need some portal technology for this sort of thing.

Exactly so.
I am darkness, I am accurate citations, I am just plain implacable.

Fuck, poor Aerith.
Aerith deserves better than a lot of her fandom gives.

Will do if I get the opportunity.
Cannot recommend it enough.

Encouraged even.

Yeah, that's about right. And her gaps about other FF games would be fine if she didn't try to use it in her favor. The lack of knowledge pertaining to 7 was of course more detrimental to her claims to be a real fan.
I still wonder how much of the game she actually played, in the end.

Kind to them as a means of being kind to yourself. Good philosophy.
I try to live by not assuming malice, but some people make that very difficult.

Makes a certain amount of sense.
Brains is weird.

I took them at their word myself, but of course they may just have been closeted bi or something.

Happy Pride to everyone btw :monster:
I ain't judging so much as it doesn't make sense to me.

I pictured this expecting to laugh. Instead I just find it legit shudder-worthy.
Waaaah.

We're not that fortunate sadly. If Tifa were DLC I'd have thrown the money for her as hard as I can and spent hours rearranging Sephiroth's face with her. I might even be doing that right now.
Such is the niche of the Dissidia series.

Sounds about right. Also "Womanizer" and "War Criminal" to cover their bases.
Do they ever specify what his war crime is supposed to be, by the by?

Once upon a time, someone woulda put this quote in their sig.
That time could be now. Just correct the erroneous was to with.

If the mountain falls in your head, you won't care anymore.
If the Cleriths will not come to the mountain (of evidence) we shall bring it to them.

Unless the audience is also deranged. cough*MAGA*cough
In that case you need to learn how to use their derangement against them.

Adorable.
That she be.

Hah, same. Excepting the part where Clicky and I discussed marriage and mutually said "meh" of course.
Shame you can't be recognized as a couple, then. Even with the kids you don't pass pink muster.

Imploding like they took a trip to the Titanic.
Is there an opposite of "too soon"? "Not fast enough?" Like I feel sorry for exactly the one teenager who was involved in the implosion, but encourage more rich assholes to explore the extremely deep ocean in very shitty craft.

I always use Tres' analysis as a source for the quotes, that's probably a good first place to look for them.
Yeah, there are plenty all over, I just meant I am going to write ideas, then adjust and correct inaccuracies as I go through and drop cites.

I'd be careful drawing conclusions from Ever Crisis. There was that time that Cloud got a Zidane costume and Aerith got a Garnet/Dagger one, and I think Tifa got an Amouranth one.

You can probably guess what they made of that. Of course, the relation between Garnet and Aerith is not 'love interest', but characters who fit the mage archetype. And Tifa obviously because she's a brawler-type like Amouranth she's not going to get that outfit, and for Cloud, they're both the main characters.

But anyway, at the end of the day Ever Crisis is Gacha game. It's a shame because an outfit Tifa was given only a little while ago, an angelic outfit featuring white feathers, is a nice indication to her role in the story; Cloud's 'light' with Sephiroth being the opposide, his 'darkness'. The moment in Gongaga should've been enough to convince people of that, though. I got very devil-and-angel-on-your-shoulder vibes from it.
Oh yeah, I would never draw my conclusion from a mobage, save to point out it's yet another example of S-E realizing something might be seen as CA and then course correcting in various ways.

It's very peculiar how such simple marketing ploys can change our perception of things so easily. I swear the idea of Santa Claus is almost entirely made up by Coca Cola, no? Inspired by Saint Nicholas, but popularised by them?
Not quite. The roly poly jolly fat man in red existed well before their ad campaign in the 30s, but their specific art did sort of lock in that specific model for him.
For example, here is a 1905 Little Nemo strip that features him much as we know him now.

Funny enough I've never actually had KFC, ever. It can't be that good, surely?
It's not bad. Nothing amazing.

Eh, it still feels a bit cheap to reuse almost that exact same style every time. It doesn't necessarily look bad, it just kinda reeks of cheap mobile game.
I mean, it was exactly that. Expectations filled?

I guess you could say there's No Promises to Keep. :monster:

Yeah, again no pressure.
BRB, getting up on stage.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I see no reason these cannot enter your everyday lexicon.

Well they absolutely are in everyday life.

More sass and someone will be cake.

If I sass less do I get to ride the elevator all the way up to the break room?

Hope it all stuck.

They're at University now, hopefully they found people to reinforce it.

it must be be Muffin Magic.

Yeah I can hear that in MasakoX's Goku voice. Preceded by a delighted gasp of course.

I just want a musical rendition of He's not the Messiah [He's a very naughty boy]

I can't think of anything better to want out of entertainment.

Works for me. I had much the same thought but I was sort of mentally cycling around Dudley the black gentleman boxer from England in Street Fighter.

That's a pretty good baseline too. Now I'm conflicted.

That happens to him a lot.

At least he knows how to use a bucket of chicken to improve his mood later.

I mean Marvel can't keep them all straight, why should anyone hold it against the fandom.

Too true.

We need some portal technology for this sort of thing.

That'd be awesome. If only the staff working on it has been prepared for neurotoxin.

I am darkness, I am accurate citations, I am just plain implacable.

End it with "I. Am. Fact-man!"

Aerith deserves better than a lot of her fandom gives.

Seriously, I used to be pretty mean to Aerith to get under the skin of some folk like Anastar, nowadays I wonder why I bothered. They slap her whole character off more than I ever did.

Cannot recommend it enough.

It sounds like my kinda plot.

I still wonder how much of the game she actually played, in the end.

I mean, to even get to the parts with Aerith you have to do so much crap without her on screen, and who wants that?

I try to live by not assuming malice, but some people make that very difficult.

After a while it becomes proven malice. Then all bets are off.

Brains is weird.

They are.

I ain't judging so much as it doesn't make sense to me.

Like I said, I'm sure it makes a kind of sense that just ain't mine. It just reminded me what month it is, and the LGBTQ+ thread is as dead as anywhere.

Kill it with fire.

Such is the niche of the Dissidia series.

Port it Switch and we'll see, SE.

Do they ever specify what his war crime is supposed to be, by the by?

Yeah you're not gonna get an answer to that aside from "Worked for Shinra" which describes a whole lotta people CAltists don't hate.

Seriously, I love the Turks as characters but Cloud going for the kill us 100% justified (even if it is a sign of his degrading mental state) because plate-fall was a friggin' war crime.

That time could be now. Just correct the erroneous was to with.

:awesome:

If the Cleriths will not come to the mountain (of evidence) we shall bring it to them.

They can't withstand the weight of it all.

In that case you need to learn how to use their derangement against them.

So like that time my halfling monk killed a whole orcish warband by throwing a chakram and making the boss believe his boys had betrayed him?

That she be.

The best.

Shame you can't be recognized as a couple, then. Even with the kids you don't pass pink muster.

Oh no, I lack the approval of a cult. My feelings may never recover.

But seriously, that's an excellent example of what an awful take CAltists have.

Is there an opposite of "too soon"? "Not fast enough?" Like I feel sorry for exactly the one teenager who was involved in the implosion, but encourage more rich assholes to explore the extremely deep ocean in very shitty craft.

With humor, better too late than too soon :awesomonster:

But yes, eat the rich.

Yeah, there are plenty all over, I just meant I am going to write ideas, then adjust and correct inaccuracies as I go through and drop cites.

You get a better flow that way.

It's not bad. Nothing amazing.

As fast food chicken goes, it's pretty good. It'll never compare to home made, but few things do.
BRB, getting up on stage.

I'll fetch the band.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well they absolutely are in everyday life.
Use them well and with pride, then.

If I sass less do I get to ride the elevator all the way up to the break room?
Only if you sass the handbook specified amount.

They're at University now, hopefully they found people to reinforce it.
One hopes.

Yeah I can hear that in MasakoX's Goku voice. Preceded by a delighted gasp of course.
I could try doing a rendition but I'm much better at Vegeta and Piccolo voices.

I can't think of anything better to want out of entertainment.
Maybe if a production of Jesus Christ Superstar was also being put on just next door.

That's a pretty good baseline too. Now I'm conflicted.
Yeah, so many good ideas there.

At least he knows how to use a bucket of chicken to improve his mood later.
Sadly, he never gets to enjoy that bucket on Christmas.

That'd be awesome. If only the staff working on it has been prepared for neurotoxin.
You always have to be prepared for neurotoxin on the bleeding edge of science.

End it with "I. Am. Fact-man!"
Nananananananananananananananana Fact-Man!

Seriously, I used to be pretty mean to Aerith to get under the skin of some folk like Anastar, nowadays I wonder why I bothered. They slap her whole character off more than I ever did.
Their Aerith is absolutely far worse a character than Square Enix's, that's for sure.

It sounds like my kinda plot.
That's just a short arc. The whole book is about what it's like to live in a town full of superheroes or be a superhero. It's a reconstructionist take on the genre.

I mean, to even get to the parts with Aerith you have to do so much crap without her on screen, and who wants that?
When Aerith is not on screen all the other characters should be asking where Aerith is.

After a while it becomes proven malice. Then all bets are off.
Then you bring the hammer down.

Like I said, I'm sure it makes a kind of sense that just ain't mine. It just reminded me what month it is, and the LGBTQ+ thread is as dead as anywhere.
Fair. The place is often very dead. Because the discord server, natch.

Kill it with fire.
Can he be killed with fire? We don't know.

Port it Switch and we'll see, SE.
It'd probably run fine on it too.

Yeah you're not gonna get an answer to that aside from "Worked for Shinra" which describes a whole lotta people CAltists don't hate.

Seriously, I love the Turks as characters but Cloud going for the kill us 100% justified (even if it is a sign of his degrading mental state) because plate-fall was a friggin' war crime.
Technically not, as it was an act by a de-facto government on its own people and thus a human rights violation. At minimum it is a mass homicide.
Zack by comparison... killed enemy combatants? Who all attacked him first, basically?

They can't withstand the weight of it all.
I mean, it will crush them either way.

So like that time my halfling monk killed a whole orcish warband by throwing a chakram and making the boss believe his boys had betrayed him?
Much like that, yes.

Oh no, I lack the approval of a cult. My feelings may never recover.

But seriously, that's an excellent example of what an awful take CAltists have.
The standards they set on CT - and just CT - are downright absurd. It's why you always have to turn right around and apply them right back on CA. Doesn't convince them, mind, but the excuses they make are funny.

With humor, better too late than too soon :awesomonster:
Yes, Humor. Ha ha...

But yes, eat the rich.
That's a terrible idea. They would taste awful and would be extremely unhealthy. Use them as fertilizer for better food.

You get a better flow that way.
That was the thought.

As fast food chicken goes, it's pretty good. It'll never compare to home made, but few things do.
Yeah, it's good for fast food, but far below what many other specialty places can do re: fried chicken even. I'm very much spoiled for choice, mind.

I'll fetch the band.
Wife and I were listening to the Greatest Showman soundtrack during a drive last night, and I brought up that SE got the same singer as Never Enough to do NPTK for Rebirth, and she brought up a good point- When are people going to mash the two songs together?

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
Maybe it's the distinction between actual men and the depiction of men in Yaoi- since those tend to be written by women for women - that makes the latter register as something different?
Just to jump in here a bit, but what little exposure I have to yaoi (my sister is a hardcore fan) gave me the impression that Yaoi pairs aren't really two men. One of them is so feminine he might as well be a woman (and it's usually the uke). This isn't to say that men can't have feminine traits, but...that they behave like main girls in shoujo.

I did hear word that the Bara genre came about cause gay men didn't appreciate yaoi.

Top Bottom