• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Aerith is important too or some such!

Actually what I asked before, I was kind of wrong I need to know if the Highwind scene or feelings for each other is in there and it's not in any of the stuff on TLS right now. (except for the risqué thing but we know where that goes)

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Okay if anyone has a clear scan of p118 of the U10. Specifically, story playback chapter 11, scene 84 that'd be nice :)

Vendel

Banned
Actually what I asked before, I was kind of wrong I need to know if the Highwind scene or feelings for each other is in there and it's not in any of the stuff on TLS right now. (except for the risqué thing but we know where that goes)

stupidshruglarge.jpg

Honestly Q does it really matter? It has been descried at length multiple times. And just because one of the multitude of quotes about the HW scene is not readily available in the 10Th Anv Ult is meaningless.

And to answer a clerith question. Yes SE would just flat out say that Cloud and Tifa are a couple with a few lines in an Ultimania that is not just about FFVII. Because honestly SE probably cares about the issue a mere fraction of what you do.

So pardon the FFVII 10 Anv Ult for going on the assumption that you should know this already. It talks about Cloud and Tifa's relationship. Not how they confessed to each other.

Isabella

Your Mom
But it's mentioned in like 5 other places. I love the arbitrary goalposts these folks set. It's not true if it's stated in book A! Only if it's stated in book C!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
"Oh shit, it IS in book A... uh... BOOK B says nothing... yeah book B is the gospel. We meant Book B this entire time, it's not our fault you heard C! And Wacdonalds and person who loves and undying love and stuff."

okay really she didn't SAY anything like that specifically, she just asked if it was in there because she thought she remembered seeing it. And it is but I have no idea if feelings for each other is in there or not.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Cali was never THAT rude.

It's either

A. Someone from youtube
B. FFG
C. an FFG impersonator

My money is on C

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
okay really she didn't SAY anything like that specifically, she just asked if it was in there because she thought she remembered seeing it. And it is but I have no idea if feelings for each other is in there or not.

I remember when those translations first came out. Hito was the first to translate it, but then of course he's the antichrist of clerith religion.

It's there. Actually you can probably find them translating it on CA forums at around the time it came out.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Okay, Shroudy.

:catfight:

Actually that reminds me, i had a dream last night that Shroudy signed up on the forum and he was like trying to trick me into saying something or giving him some info or something stupid... then we were all on Full House... yeah I know get out more

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I miss when these threads were about poetry.

If someone comes up to me and says "Why isn't the Highwind scene mentioned in the Ultimania" I want to be able to say "Actually, yes it IS mentioned."

and here it is
http://killthemongoose.com/stuff/img118.jpg :monster:
残ったクラウドとティファはお互いへの想いを打ち明け、確かめ合う。

It's almost the same as the rest of them ("Cloud and Tifa, who have remain behind [on the airship after everyone else left], confess their feelings for each other and put them to the test!!!")

I still maintain that the 合う is referring to them both confirming their feelings, rather than being in reference to their feelings, though :monster: Like 愛し合う (love each other) or 手を取り合って、励まし合って (take each other's hand, and encourage each other).

Now I've got other stuff to do.

Vendel

Banned
I miss when these threads were about poetry.

残ったクラウドとティファはお互いへの想いを打ち明け、確かめ合う。

It's almost the same as the rest of them ("Cloud and Tifa, who have remain behind [on the airship after everyone else left], confess their feelings for each other and put them to the test!!!")

I still maintain that the 合う is referring to them both confirming their feelings, rather than being in reference to their feelings, though :monster: Like 愛し合う (love each other) or 手を取り合って、励まし合って (take each other's hand, and encourage each other).

Now I've got other stuff to do.

Feelings of rejection hito.

Isabella

Your Mom
I take it by hito's smartass-ness that the 10th AU also says they verify their feelings? I thought the verify/confirm part was new? Or was it the matching part? I can't keep up.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
There are too many quotes alike, really. I'm lost, too. Can aynone actually compile all the bunch of similar quotes we have from the different sources? >_> I know Tres actually did it partly at TNC :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
It may be because they want to get it through people's thick skulls that Tifa and Cloud like each other. Oh wait, that'd be rude if they didn't do a press release wouldn't it? Nevermind. I'm going to go back to seeing floating ribbons and kissing rain. :awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I take it by hito's smartass-ness that the 10th AU also says they verify their feelings? I thought the verify/confirm part was new? Or was it the matching part? I can't keep up.

The specification that the feelings are of desire and being included on the romantic love page are what's 'new'

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Cloud was devastated and wanted to be noticed by Tifa.

Tifa thought he was cute.

They made a promise under the stars, and that promise is forever etched in Cloud's mind.

They are separated and meet again later, and all the people around them think they have the hots for each other. Barret, Johnny, nurses, etc.

Cloud becomes a vegetable after which Tifa abandons her quest for vengeance and saving the planet to spend her days with Cloud, refusing to leave him behind -- a very un-SOLDIER like Cloud who can't even wipe his own ass.

Then Lifestream sequence goes into great detail about Cloud's failure complex and his great crush for Tifa. He watches her from his window and talks of a "sealed up secret wish" and "tender memories no one can ever know". He follows Tifa to the mountains when all other admirers back off, because his feelings are ~true~ and he wants to keep Tifa safe.

Cloud's subconscious tells Tifa that present adult Cloud would be VERY HAPPY to know that she is interested in him.

Then they resurface and after everyone leaves to find that which they are fighting for, Cee & Tee remain together. Not only that, they spend the night together and Tifa's embarrased the next morning after their freinds tease them. ALL VERSIONS, thank you very much.

After that they're joined at the hip. Cloud suggests moving in together, complete with sappy diaogue like "I failed before but no longer because TIFA will be there forevahz" and copious amounts of blushing.

Then you get Ultimania quotes that tell us Cloud and Tifa confirm feelings for each other about 10 fucking times in case people don't get it. One of them's even on a page that lists the lovebirds of the entire series. Dayum, Cee & Tee's feelings for each other are pretty damn important eh?
Tifa is always singled out. It's always TIFA and the kids, TIFA and his friends, Tifa and his family, blah blah blah.

WHERE IS THE CLERIS EQUIVALENT? This is just ridiculous.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
:catfight:

Actually that reminds me, i had a dream last night that Shroudy signed up on the forum and he was like trying to trick me into saying something or giving him some info or something stupid... then we were all on Full House... yeah I know get out more

Weirdo.

Unrelated to the topic, this reminds me of you:

Goodbye Charlie

Rising Chest-Bank Protestor
I'll say it again, largely becomes I'm lazy, but none of the arguments can refute that first law of narrative scriptwriting - unless its stated to the contrary, the obvious is the answer.

Cloud lives with Tifa with kids after asking her to be with him. As a common rule male/female don't have a non romantic long term living arrangement looking after kids after making such a vocal commitment. The vocal commitment in the prologue informs the audience of the tone of the main story. That's basic 101 storytelling.

It's common sense. You you have a scene when boy and girl meet in the bar. They smile and the guy buys the girl a drink. They are brother and sister - but the audience won't except they are brother and sister until the story tells them because the natural common assumption is a guy and girl meeting in a bar will be romantic, not sibling. When they're told, the audience can accept it - not because it was too wacky to naturally assume, but because storytelling works on social empathy - playing on the audiences cultural expectations - be it how they understand storytelling as a convention or through their personal experiences as a human being of the 21st century.

Western audiences are particularly bad. If it's not explicitly said, even if its clear that person got to story point A to storypoint C through an unstated point B, they won't have it.

And in this case we have people who don't want to get the truth using that westernised logic to hold on to their dreams when fiction doesn't always demand it.

Made even more funny when the point is underlined in books and given continuity throughout a franchise that it still won't be accepted without it being stated.

Essentially they want it confirmed that a boy and girl meeting in a bar are not siblings from the start, rather than the other way round. Which is. Absurd.

And yes, I'll keep hammering this point because until you can fight the structure of storytelling one shouldn't be quibbling over the nuances of Japanese translations.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You really think Cleriths give a damn about the structure and logic of storytelling?

When you've got Cleriths saying Cloud and Tifa shared the desire for Cloud to reject her, respect for storytelling 101 or common sense in their minds, gave up the ghost a long time ago.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
WHERE IS THE CLERIS EQUIVALENT? This is just ridiculous.
But the hints man, THE HINTS! Flowerfields, fortune telling and the church and... stuff

also Dissidia apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom