Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Q's mental breakdown explains everything.
Best

EVER :D

really LV read what I wrote, I mean fuck I said it to you about 10 times when you were drunk, let me remind you:

(10:02:06 PM) on lunatic high: well either way shouldt tfia have nknmow?
(10:02:54 PM) Quexinos: no
(10:02:57 PM) Quexinos: he never TOLD HER
(10:02:58 PM) Quexinos: him
(10:02:59 PM) Quexinos: it
(10:03:05 PM) on lunatic high: well if htey were supposedly
(10:03:11 PM) on lunatic high: FUCKING ALL THE TIME
(10:03:17 PM) on lunatic high: wouldnt she a damn knonw
(10:03:23 PM) Quexinos: HOW THE FUCK WOULD SHE HAVE NKONW/
(10:03:26 PM) Quexinos: HE NEVER FUCKIN TOLD HER
(10:03:27 PM) Quexinos: HE LEFT
(10:03:30 PM) Quexinos: AND THEN HE GOT SICK
(10:03:34 PM) Quexinos: HE LEFT, AND THEN HE GOT SICK
(10:03:36 PM) Quexinos: HE LEFT, AND THEN HE GOT SICK
(10:03:36 PM) Quexinos: HE LEFT, AND THEN HE GOT SICK
(10:03:38 PM) Quexinos: HE LEFT, AND THEN HE GOT SICK
HE LEFT, AND THEN HE GOT SICK

(10:03:38 PM) Quexinos:
(10:03:39 PM) Quexinos: HE LEFT, AND THEN HE GOT SICK

(10:03:41 PM) Quexinos: okay?

yes it really went like that :(

LV how did you miss Q's giant ass graphic?
giant_ass_in_seat.jpg

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Loxetta said:
Tifa should have known, even if they weren't sleeping together. Cloud has a thing for sleeveless

Haha this is so true. Sleeveless and turtlenecks. I find his fondness for turtlenecks to be adorable okay

Loxetta said:
Edit: ...drunken ninja posters... :wackymonster:
:awesomonster:

Loxetta said:
Cloud didn't up and leave because he got the disease -- he was already out of the house trying to find a cure for Denzel, and then while he was out he got the disease and got distraught and didn't come back.
I meant like... relationship wise. He just left her? With no explanation?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
My guess:
He left and intended to come back soon. For all we know he was only gone for an hour... maybe it was a surprise.. then BAM Geostigma... then he's all BALRUGH! and stayed away.

and sorry for spamming your profile :(

Isabella

Your Mom
Cloud's fucked in the head. He doesn't really know how to do this relationship thing very well, even during the good times. Tifa puts up with more than most women would.

But his heart's in the right place. He means well, even when he gets it wrong.

crack

Donator
Usually just on weekends. :monster:
You must have a lot of weekends on your schedule. :awesome:

The same way Cloud has his burden, he doesn't want to be a burden to her; he was pent up with so many emotions of guilt it's not surprising why he'd want to keep this a secret from Tifa. Psychologically, there are many explanations to why Cloud acted the way he did. But his fear of failing played a role, and ultimately, caused the relationship to crumble while doing so. In a way, it must have been painful for Cloud - the only explanation to why he didn't tell her is not because he doesn't care, but because he... really does. Of course, his 'sacrifice' ends up misfiring, and ends up hurting Tifa and the kids in a way he never intentionally meant to. He's not experienced with dealing with relationships at that point; the mistakes he unintentionally makes throughout the series, however, will only help Cloud in the future. Again, this is also a way of showing Cloud's character development, not their crumbling relationship. In the end, their bond only grows stronger.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
Haha this is so true. Sleeveless and turtlenecks. I find his fondness for turtlenecks to be adorable okay

I theorize that he suffers from Chickenneck Syndrome.

:smashedmonster:

Yes :monster: He left, I assume he would be on a delivery and was searching at the same time. And it was sudden when he stopped contact with her, in Case Of Tifa at the end Tifa tries calling him and is surprised to get his voicemail.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
He left, I assume he would be on a delivery and was searching at the same time.
*Cloud on motercycle*
"Let's see.. maybe those trees can be a cure... hmmm maybe that grass can be a cure... hmmm oh oh! The telephone poles!.... hey maybe this car approaching in front of me is a cu-" *CRASH*

and that's why he left :monster:

crack

Donator
*Cloud on motercycle*
"Let's see.. maybe those trees can be a cure... hmmm maybe that grass can be a cure... hmmm oh oh! The telephone poles!.... hey maybe this car approaching in front of me is a cu-" *CRASH*

and that's why he left :monster:
And that is also how he died.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Cloud's fucked in the head. He doesn't really know how to do this relationship thing very well, even during the good times. Tifa puts up with more than most women would.

But his heart's in the right place. He means well, even when he gets it wrong.

Agreed, what I find endearing about Cloud is that subtle (mostly) touch of awkward kid to him, when he's just kinda "uuuuuuuuuuh........yeah, okay, sure". I drew on that in my latest fanfiction chapter, Terra is bawling her eyes out and Cloud is just standing there holding her because he's not sure what else to do. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
No see, he died because Aerith plucked him off his bike into Lifestream-Whitespace for some lovin', then plopped him back when she was finished with him without warning. Then he crashed.

I always wondered that myself watching AC, unless one assumes time stops in the whitespace, which, if Zack's appearance is a good indication, it does. Otherwise Cloud would have crashed and Sephiroth would be hovering in the air for three minutes watching Cloud talk to himself going "who the fuck is he talking to, I'm trying to gloat up here!"

crack

Donator
No see, he died because Aerith plucked him off his bike into Lifestream-Whitespace for some lovin', then plopped him back when she was finished with him without warning. Then he crashed.
And Zack was there watching the entire time. :awesome:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
You must have a lot of weekends on your schedule. :awesome:
;____;

ONCE IN A WHILE I PARTY ON A WEEKDAY OKAY

I understand why Cloud left but... I just can't figure out how Tifa just dealt with it.

If I lived with someone that I was in a relationship with and they abruptly left and didn't tell me why, I'd cry a goddamn river.

If my roommate abruptly left, I'd act more like Tifa did in AC/CoT.

my dad's cat is rubbing his face all over my monitor i believe he is saying hello to all of you

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I always wondered that myself watching AC, unless one assumes time stops in the whitespace, which, if Zack's appearance is a good indication, it does. Otherwise Cloud would have crashed and Sephiroth would be hovering in the air for three minutes watching Cloud talk to himself going "who the fuck is he talking to, I'm trying to gloat up here!"

I can picture Seph doing that way too easily.

But I don't know about the time stopping thing -- Cloud gets up while he's talking with Zack, and when the vision ends he's up. So either he got up extremely fast (which is hard to do with having been Octaslashed a hair's width from loosing his pants) or Seph actually was hovering mid-dive for no real reason.

And Zack was there watching the entire time. :awesome:

It was all Zack's idea, actually. He wanted threesomes more often.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
But I don't know about the time stopping thing -- Cloud gets up while he's talking with Zack, and when the vision ends he's up. So either he got up extremely fast (which is hard to do with having been Octaslashed a hair's width from loosing his pants) or Seph actually was hovering mid-dive for no real reason.
SE doesn't think this shit through. They just make sure it looks really, really cool.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I understand why Cloud left but... I just can't figure out how Tifa just dealt with it.

If I lived with someone that I was in a relationship with and they abruptly left and didn't tell me why, I'd cry a goddamn river.

She's running her own business and she's got two kids, who are certainly hurting just as much as she is, to raise. I think she just didn't see herself as someone who had the luxury of taking time out to cry herself a river.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
;____;

Well, she had a few weeks before AC/C to deal with it. And remember, she's not exactly without anything else to do. She has a bar to run and kids to raise -- some people throw themselves into their work to forget about their problems.

We also don't actually see her reaction after she realizes he's not coming home, CoT ends at the voicemail call. So we don't know how upset she got or panicked she was.

my dad's cat is rubbing his face all over my monitor i believe he is saying hello to all of you

Awww, kitty *purrs at*

SE doesn't think this shit through. They just make sure it looks really, really cool.

Doesn't stop me from trying to rationalize it :monster: No matter how futile it may be, I cannot help myself.

crack

Donator
I am still wondering why you got banned at 4chan.

SOUNDS BETTER HAVING A SLEEPOVER PARTY AND WATCHING THE NOTEBOOK FOR THE 14134262352523 TIME when it's Valentine's Day sob.

She's emotionally strong on the outside, but the fact that she's holding it all in isn't healthy at all - her support at that point were the kids, otherwise, she just might have had a mental breakdown. The scene where she scolds Cloud shows her true feelings about Cloud at that point... and while some people like to use that as calling Tifa a "bitch," for doing such a thing, I'd like to think it helped not only Cloud, but Tifa as well. ALSO, I don't think that's the hardest thing she's had to go through in her life, so her past traumatic events probably played a role into helping Tifa become a stronger person as well, which is why I think Tifa was able to deal with the situation as she did.

or maybe he's trying to get your attention by dirtying the monitor with cat hair and feed him some meow chow

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

He ran and hid because he couldn't handle the problems anymore - that's how I would word it. Not his greatest moment. Cloud isn't the strongest person mentally and it's a recurring theme.

And since you are using this to question their relationship -- and this goes for the other clerii who constantly bring up Cloud leaving -- remember that he isn't just leaving his girlfriend, he is leaving people who depend on him. He leaves Denzel whom Cloud perceives was brought to him by Aerith. And him, and Marlen as well, he also leaves without an explanation. Kids who look up to him as a father figure.

So whenever anyone uses this to say Cloud doesn't care about Tifa that much, remember that by this logic it would also mean he doesn't care about the children and that he doesn't care about dear Aerith's wish.

crack

Donator
He ran and hid because he couldn't handle the problems anymore - that's how I would word it. Not his greatest moment. Cloud isn't the strongest person mentally and it's a recurring theme.
I don't necessarily think it's because he couldn't handle the problems, but that he thought leaving them would be the best choice because he didn't want to *be* a problem. When Cloud's encountered with a situation, I don't see him as the type to run away from it because he can't handle it, but rather, confront the problem and try to solve it; albeit, he doesn't always make the right choice, but he tries.

Last edited:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
I don't think it's because he couldn't handle the problems, but rather because he thought leaving them would be the best choice because he didn't want to *be* a problem.

No, I don't agree. :monster: At least not entirely. Yes he thought he can't help anyone and only make things worse. But it's like Tifa says, you don't see Denzel giving up. Cloud gives up. First and foremost he gives up on himself and that's why he thinks things are better without him. His problems and failures broke him because he couldn't handle them. His problem is thinking he is worthless. This is why he realizes that he's been doing it all wrong and in doing so is able to face his problems, which he only avoided by hiding from them.

Last edited:

crack

Donator
No, I don't agree. :monster: At least not entirely. Yes he thought he can't help anyone and only make things worse. But it's like Tifa says, you don't see Denzel giving up. Cloud gives up. First and foremost he gives up on himself and that's why he thinks things are better without him. His problems and failures broke him because he couldn't handle them. His problem is thinking he is worthless. This is why he realizes that he's been doing it all wrong and in doing so is able to face his problems, which he only avoided by hiding from them.
That's fine with me. :awesome: I agree that he gave up, but not purposely at the time. His way of confronting the problem was to give up, thus leaving Tifa and the kids because he didn't want to fail his loved ones. I do agree that he did 'give up,' but not in a sense that he felt that he couldn't handle it, but because the only solution at that point was to give up, but not bring Tifa and the kids along his plight. By doing this he falls deeper into thinking that he's worthless, slowly losing hope although it was already strongly implied that he had.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
;____;

How so? Leave the woman some dignity. She wont run crying after him when he behaves like this. The writers mention this in the same sentence they call her strong - Tifa lets Cloud decide for himself, she believes he can figure to do the right thing when he himself doesn't, she doesn't nag. She is also strong for the children. It's what makes her a great character.

In the eyes of the writers she like a woman left by a man not a woman left by a roommate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom