Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Pinker is used to identify a certain stereotype/person/people/whatever. I have no problem with it.

The term is "rabid", in that case. It's used cross fandom and I don't see why it can't be used here.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The term is "rabid", in that case. It's used cross fandom and I don't see why it can't be used here.

Pinker is more efficient. Plus, it it refers to a very specific group of rabids, the same way 'Materia Jesus' rfers to a very specific 'sue'ing of Aerith.
If you don't like the sobriquet, don't lump yourself in with that group, either by deed or self identification.

By the way, who said it was an insult? Any negative connotations it has are purely due to accruing them from the group to which it refers, not due to any inherent insult in the word 'pinker'

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
They were actually right; the player is properly introduced to Tifa before you are introduced to Aeris.

I had thought that may be what was meant, but then "before the first time you even meet Aeris" looks more like "before seeing Aerith for the first time" rather than "before the first meeting where we get to know Aerith" to me.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Technically, you DO meet Aerith in the game FIRST before there is any hint of Tifa. Sure, you don't really get a proper introduction until later but the player does meet her first.

technically then, Aeris is the first character you meet :monster:
which, the last time I checked, is apparently sexual.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Rabid isn't very specific, though. Hell, it applies to us her in this thread just as much as anyone else. So using that doesn't really explain who you are talking about. :/

technically then, Aeris is the first character you meet :monster:
which, the last time I checked, is apparently sexual.

Touche. You even meet her before you meet Cloud!

WHAT DOES THIS TELL US?!

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
WHAT DOES THIS TELL US?!

Love... is a burning thing

And it makes... a fiery ring

I fell in to a burning ring of fire

I went down down down and the flames went higher

And it burns burns burns the ring of fire

The ring of fire

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Pinker and Pink Nazi just seem bleh to me... Mostly because I love the color pink, lol. ♥

I like good old-fashioned rabid. =w=

mentaz

bubbles
I don't care about what are you guys discussing now, but this is totally LTD related:
FF7___the_Cen_Sword_version_by_NeoSlashott.png

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Well that just proves Cloud is gay:

He steals Zack's sword.
He grabs Sephiroth's sword.
Sephiroth is constantly using his sword to impale him.

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
Are you "The Promise" on TFC also, dear? :O
Yes. Why?
Should i take a different nick?

Paradox said:
Holding a Death Note and calling yourself "God" does not make one GAR. Smart, perhaps. Egotistical, definitely. But certainly not GAR.

Fucker needs to go back to picking up potato chips and EATING THEM.
True. I just hate this guy.

Ladies and Gentleman,

Yoichi Hiruma (Eyeshield 21)
yoichi.jpg

This one has some impressive skills!

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
^No, I was just wondering. I'm "Break" over there. :3

And I love Light. He's my favorite. :C L is the one I can't stand, LOL.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Also, the term "pinker" is like the term "Harmonian" in HP fandom. The term applies to a certain group of crazy psycho shippers. I myself like the Harry/Hermione ship, but I don't associate myself with Harmonians :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
@ The Promise:
Yes... everyone always has the opposite taste as me when it comes to Death Note, it seems. T_T I miss the debates when the show first came out here though, they were almost as crazy as the LTD. . . Almost. :awesome:

Really... strange, I remember cheering when L died, LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I just took a look back at some of this thread... gotta love the responses sometimes.

"Cloud and Aerith are on the page too! If it's proving Cloti, why don't they show the CxT date?"
"So what if they had sex? That doesn't confirm love!"
"A bunch of stuff from a while ago that's irrelevant now contradicts this page so CxT can't be canon"
and finally down to, "The page says IF the scene is the high affection version the romance happens, so it's OPTIONAL!"
along with some, "I don't care if it was romantic, I didn't see any romance so it didn't happen! CxA had a ton of romance though!" on the side. :awesome:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
We've never been told who Cloud loves so it's still up in the air, really.

And I agree, sex != love.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
What? Of course you can love sex, and according to Mike Tyson you can fuck someone until they love you. But I don't think the two are the same.

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
Yes... everyone always has the opposite taste as me when it comes to Death Note, it seems. T_T I miss the debates when the show first came out here though, they were almost as crazy as the LTD. . . Almost. :awesome:

Really... strange, I remember cheering when L died, LOL.
I don`t understand you. L would give you sweets, you know! :lol:

Answers to some Pink arguments:
"Cloud and Aerith are on the page too! If it's proving Cloti, why don't they show the CxT date?"
It doesn`t matter which picture they show, because the text says it is dependent on Clouds behavior who comes. Clouds is also not aware of the feelings for him at this point:
Cloud`s profile 10th AU said:
[FFVII] Both Aerith, who is forthright, and Tifa, who is demure, have feelings for Cloud but he is none the wiser to them.
Therefore there cannot be confirmation of mutual feelings on this date!
The CxT quote however says a definite thing: "...,they confirmed their love to each other." without adding a condition like "if the affection level is high".

"So what if they had sex? That doesn't confirm love!"
Wrong!
SE said they confirmed their Love. You could at least say the opposite:
"So what if they confirmed their Love? That doesn`t proof sex!" :lol:

"A bunch of stuff from a while ago that's irrelevant now contradicts this page so CxT can't be canon"
A bunch of BS with no argumentative weight do nothing! :awesome:

"The page says IF the scene is the high affection version the romance happens, so it's OPTIONAL!"
If the creator says on the relevant page :
(U20 pg.394 "FOR THE ONE I LOVE") said:
Thanks to Tifa, Cloud regains himself, and before the final battle with Sephiroth, without using words, he confirms with her that their feelings match.
Then this definite and clearly said thing happened!
Even if the Linked (pg. 232 "story summary") talks about versions that exist. This section (story summary) talks about everything that can happen. When there are deviations /several versions of an event , then it mentions them, too. Canon or not Canon, it is all mentioned there!

"I don't care if it was romantic, I didn't see any romance so it didn't happen! CxA had a ton of romance though!"
Being delusional does not affect the reality. Even not the fictional canon reality! :awesome:

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Re: Death Note

There is actually a sporadically-enforced rule about not spoiling stuff (other than FFVII things), unless things have changed without me being aware.

So yeah. Watch it plz :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom