Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
So I was watching the Lion King on youtube the other day (yes illegally :monster:) and on the last part of the video, the person had in their description a "click here to read about the cub at the end of the movie"

I clicked it fully expecting to see something like, "The cub at the end of the movie was Simba's daughter Kiara blah blah Lion King II." But instead it said that the cub was Simba's son named Kopa and that no one knows what happened to Kopa but most people assumed that he had been murdered by Zira and that's why she was banished.

At first I thought it was some retarded fanfiction the uploader had written but low and behold:
http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Kopa

Turns out shortly after the Lion King movie, Disney released some books called "The Lion King: Six New Adventures." and it's about Simba and Nala's son named Kopa, who's listening to stories. Obviously this was written by a different writer than the one who wrote Simba's pride.

ANYWAY TO GET TO THE POINT, Disney has released more than one official statement saying that the cub at the end of TLK is, in fact, Kiara and the books were written by a different author and so on. Despite this, desperate fans insist that the lion in TLK is Kopa and Disney is covering something up. They become so desperate they actually point out inconsistencies between the opening of TLK II and the end of TLK:

Inconsistencies Between the Two Ceremonies

Name of Inconsistency------“The Lion King”--------- “The Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride”

Time of Day:----------------- Midday ------------------- Sunrise

Simba & Nala:--------------- On top of Pride Rock ---- Inside of the cave

Rafiki:------------------------ Inside of the cave ------- On top of Pride Rock

Timon & Pumbaa: ---------- On top of Pride Rock ----- Off to the side on PR

Carrier of the Cub:---------- Rafiki ---------------------- Nala

Cub’s Fur: ------------------- Golden Yellow ------------ Tan with a Yellow hue

Music in Background: ----“King of Pride Rock” ----- “He Lives In You”

I had to lol at the Music in Background.. yeah that proves your theory, nice.

Bottom line, does this remind you guys of another fandom around here?

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
haha Vendel, you are so funny.

No but seriously, there are people who actually care about a lion cub that as never in the movies?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I read some "theories" about him. The one used most is that he was killed by Zira and that's why Zira was banished. This apparently also explains why Simba is protective of Kiara... you know.. cause he sholdn't be protective of his daughter otherwise... Just to tell you how sharp these people are, they say Zira did this to avenge her husband Scar, when it's clearly stated in TLK II that Scar was not her husband.

The other popular ones consist of him falling in love with Vitani, and she tells him that Zira is going to kill him so he runs away.

One of them even had something like, he showed up just in time for the scuffle at the end of TLK II and attacked Kovu, and Kiara got pissed at him and yelled at him for attacking his true love so he left for good and Simba yelled at Kiara and... blah, it was a mess.

Anyway, either way you slice it, if Disney says "A different author wrote this, it's not canon. Kiara is canon", that really should be that. I mean sure you can theorize, but people acting like there's a conspiracy, I mean come on...

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Regarding TLK2, It might have been kind of awesome for Kopa's existence to mean something. That way, we'd have a little reasoning behind why all this SHIT STORM is happening in TLK2. Like, they don't explain any of it, and it kind of pisses me off every time I watch it. xD

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
and it's gone :monster:

EDIT
oh whoops no it's not, it just wasn't working for a second

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The problem with the whole fair use issue is, that, YouTube has the right to delete anything they want for any reason they wish to make up. It's considered a privately owned site, right?

Yeah it sucks, but but I don't feel there's anything anyone can do unless the people who run YouTube actually care, which I'm not sure I can see them doing. :/

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
That's correct, but that's not why they took them down. The message says the copyright holders are blocking it. If it was just Youtube being a scrotum they would have said it's just no longer available or it violated the TOS.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Ironically, the director of the film "Downfall" thinks the scene's use in parodies is hilarious.

Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that whatever jackhole at Constantin Films who said "Fuckers are infringing" probably doesn't realize that the subtitles on all these vids aren't exactly an accurate translation? =P

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That's correct, but that's not why they took them down. The message says the copyright holders are blocking it. If it was just Youtube being a scrotum they would have said it's just no longer available or it violated the TOS.

Getting paid under the table, perhaps? :shifty:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Getting paid under the table, perhaps? :shifty:

Not everyone is for sale, Tenny.

Btw you won't change my name a day early? Maybe
mooooney.jpg
will change your mind. *wink wink*

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Actual LT topic! SHOCK, HORROR!

Saw on a site someone mentioned Cloti is better than Clerith because in their words "Cloud and Tifa are perfect for each other." Now, Cloti is canon, but are the two of them the perfect match? Discuss. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Actual LT topic! SHOCK, HORROR!

Saw on a site someone mentioned Cloti is better than Clerith because in their words "Cloud and Tifa are perfect for each other." Now, Cloti is canon, but are the two of them the perfect match? Discuss. :monster:

That's not making fun of Cleriths! What do you think this topic is about? Geezee.. :awesome:

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
I found something interesting on Xcomps site:
Tetsuya Nomura, the director behind the movie (AC) said the following:
FFVII:AC is piece of work made by Japanese people. In Hollywood movies, I think there is a tendency where the meaning of all the scenes have to be expressed clearly but, this isn't something like that. With our work, the viewer is free to decide how they interpret or enjoy it. The staff has their own answers to all the scenes in the movie such as the angel statue that makes an appearance many times. But, even if someone who have watched it interprets it differently then that is just another answer. I guess "comparing answers" with friends is one of the ways you can enjoy the movie. I think FFVII:AC is a movie that makes those who have watched it, want to talk about it with others.
I think this applies not only for the movie but also for the whole compilation. Nomura was always like ”Try to find your own truth/answer, even if there is a canon version”.

Like this:

“The staff has their own answers to all the scenes in the movie such as the angel statue that makes an appearance many times.” or “the answers are all there”
There is a canon truth…

“But, even if someone who have watched it interprets it differently then that is just another answer. I guess "comparing answers" with friends is one of the ways you can enjoy the movie.”
…but feel free to find your own/fanon answer.

But considering the LTD is undeniably over especially after U20, I think, there is no way out as to confirm what is already confirmed.
I still wonder how he would answer when he is asked again though?
Maybe “I didn`t know that!” or something like “Because players make strong conclusions by themselves, I want to leave room for everyone's line of thought.” again?

Also an interesting question is:
If everyone would ignore certain Cleriths, would they disappear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom