Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
On a different forum I got someone saying that every single thing that has been put out since is a retcon.
At least she admits Cloti's canon, she just has a very hard time accepting it :monster:

So... feelings of desire :excited:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Hasn't that been debunked yet? :monster:

Give them a week or so, they'll think of something. :monster:

I really don't care if Cloti is canon, as long as SE still throws us Cleriths a bone sometimes. Which they do.

So I'm good. :desu:

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey

When the degree of good impression for the cloud of [teihua] is high, the cover [ri] which remains in flying airborne assault to verify the feeling which seeks each other.

'Flying airborne assault to verify the feeling which seeks each other'? Wow. Now I've got visions of Cloud and Tifa literally launching themselves at each other.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Needs time to gather the Evil League of Evil :awesome:

Not to my knowledge, but they're aware of it. Also when you look up 互いが求める気持ちon google, you get no results :monster:

The other one though does yield this:
http://www.utadanet.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4312&forum=6&post_id=110587
Try harderer. Although it's still only three. And one is here. And I made that up so what does it matter? :monster:

I'm sure that Utada site came up before when looking for this stuff, asking again about FFVII (I lie, LTD) stuff. Hikaru Utada fans are obviously the people to go to for this.

Edit; also I like the "but I'm not sure" there. As if that's ever going to be right. Really.

Q, might want to remind the person you're debating with that running off and saying I don't have anything to counter your argument is the same as admitting defeat. And in a debate competition it would mean you get to do your victory fanfare. XD

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I'm sure that Utada site came up before when looking for this stuff, asking again about FFVII (I lie, LTD) stuff. Hikaru Utada fans are obviously the people to go to for this.

Sally seems to know her stuff :monster:

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
Hasn't that been debunked yet? :monster:
Can't be that hard to "debunk." So feelings of desire and/or wanting is it? Well, this just further proves that Cloud & Tifa are all about the physical. All sex, no heart. Unlike the other pairing, which is all about ~*heart and soul*~.

Shadowfox

Sally seems to know her stuff :monster:

Speaking of this Sally person's post, I find her translation quite interesting, because it tells us that the affection value isn't about Cloud's affection for Tifa, but rather Tifa's affection for Cloud. Which is something that some of us have been saying for a long time -- that the affection scores only tell us what the girls are feeling, not Cloud.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Can't be that hard to "debunk." So feelings of desire and/or wanting is it? Well, this just further proves that Cloud & Tifa are all about the physical. All sex, no heart. Unlike the other pairing, which is all about ~*heart and soul*~.

To which the obvious response are 'I heard your heart calling out to mine' and 'Opened his heart only to Tifa'
And the obvious response to what will inevitably follow is the 'Aerith lives on in the hearts of all her friends' quote.

Speaking of this Sally person's post, I find her translation quite interesting, because it tells us that the affection value isn't about Cloud's affection for Tifa, but rather Tifa's affection for Cloud. Which is something that some of us have been saying for a long time -- that the affection scores only tell us what the girls are feeling, not Cloud.

1. That's not that hard to prove through very very simple examples.
2. Barret's a girl?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I didn't know this was an issue XD

But god this news is so huge, I wanna know how it went unnoticed for so long. Haven't people been studying the Ultimanias for years? ... I still don't get how we just noticed this now XD And I think anyone can tell the high affection version is canon...

Really there's only one thing left to do.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

But god this news is so huge, I wanna know how it went unnoticed for so long. Haven't people been studying the Ultimanias for years? ... I still don't get how we just noticed this now XD And I think anyone can tell the high affection version is canon...

Really there's only one thing left to do.

It got lost in the shuffle of various other very similar quotes. There are so many it's hard to remember them all all the time.

Shadowfox

I'd have agreed with you, but apparently it is an issue to some.

With the affection value being an indicator of Tifa's feelings, then if there's any rejection to be done in any of the HW scenes, it'd have to be by Tifa, not Cloud.

2. Barret's a girl?

Sure, why not? I'm sure hito's still keeping that picture of Barret as Aerith somewhere.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Proof I spend too much time here - I'm surfing TV Tropes and come across "Red String of Fate" and "Strangled by the Red String". Guess was immediately jumps to mind?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

I think Ryu is right. It's just that there are so many instances of "communicated their feelings to each other" (one in the CC Ultimania, two in the Ultimania Omega) or "disclosed their feelings to each other" (one in the Ultimania Omega, one in the 10th Anniversary Ultimania), that this one -- which actually appears in the paragraph below an instance of "communicated their feelings to each other" on pg. 27 of the UO -- just got overlooked.

So, yeah, there's six quotes like this in total, and this one was just easy to miss. I blame myself, really. I started to translate the whole page once and didn't do it. :monster:

In any case, this version of the scene is definitely canon, I believe. Not only is it the only version that really fits all those descriptions, and not only is it also the only one talked about in the FF 20th Anniversary Ultimania Scenario book's summary of the story, but I just asked FF_Goddess to check her FFVII Memorial Album (published by DigiCube/Square way back in 1999) to see which version of the scene it included in its script of the whole game.

She said it only mentions the high affection version, and that it's across pp. 241 through 242 in a section called "Highwind."

So, yeah. I think for those who Cloud and Tifa sexing it up that night is the grand indication of Cloud's romantic desire, this will resolve things. I'm sure there will still be some folks who feel it isn't enough, but that's what the Compilation is for. :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
You could have done that YEARS ago, Bella. Like I've said time and again, this is the 'but the crying' phase of conflict.

Isabella

Your Mom
You know what, Drake? I'm sure somebody somewhere will try to spin this as a victory for Clerith, somehow. :lol:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
At this point, the only refutation that really remains to be dealt with more is the relationship chart matter from the FF 20th Anniversary Ultimania. We already know what Zidane and Dagger's arrows say ("taisetsu na sonzai"; "important existence/person," which isn't exclusively romantic), so once we know what Squall/Rinoa and Tidus/Yuna say, we can hopefully put that matter to rest as well.

I think Celes' and Locke's do say "likes" ("suki"), but it's hard to tell:
http://s429.photobucket.com/albums/qq18/20thannivultimanias/FFVI/?action=view&current=Scan20005.jpg

Hito, can you make it out?

Of course, FFVII's chart is irrelevant for other reasons, but as long as the refutation is there, I believe in countering it on its own terms if possible. :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom