• Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I think Celes' and Locke's do say "likes" ("suki"), but it's hard to tell:
http://s429.photobucket.com/albums/qq18/20thannivultimanias/FFVI/?action=view&current=Scan20005.jpg

Hito, can you make it out?

Of course, FFVII's chart is irrelevant for other reasons, but as long as the refutation is there, I believe in countering it on its own terms if possible. :monster:
The second character does not look like the 'ki' for suki. It looks more like a box than ki should, imo. But what do I know. :wacky:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Wow, this person on neoseeker COMPLETELY ignored the word desire in Hito's translation. I posted it for them and she reposted it and said "You mean this quote" and took out the word desire. I told her to look at the whole thing and she was like "No it just says feelings which proves Cloud rejected her..."

Wow, even the most diehard cleriths on CxA wouldn't do that. This person is just a nut job.

Even without the word desire, how the hell does that prove Cloud rejected her? Especially given all the other quotes on the subject. Quex, I gotta see this first hand.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
"Inconvient word? What word? I see no word :awesome:"

Sure, why not? I'm sure hito's still keeping that picture of Barret as Aerith somewhere.
:3

holyfool.jpg

This is where never deleting things comes in handy.

Ultimania thing: They're big books, with a lot of interesting stuff in, and not everyone is looking for LTD proofz all the time :awesome:

I think Celes' and Locke's do say "likes" ("suki"), but it's hard to tell:
http://s429.photobucket.com/albums/qq18/20thannivultimanias/FFVI/?action=view&current=Scan20005.jpg

Hito, can you make it out?
Not really :monster: It might be 好意? Which is basically the same anyway.

Spoiler tags pls. Not that I give a shit, but I hear there's a smartass spoilerphobe Brit who wanders these parts.
I'm glad there are people who will protect my interests in my absence.

And that I was absent to miss spoilers :awesome:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Ultimania thing: They're big books, with a lot of interesting stuff in, and not everyone is looking for LTD proofz all the time :awesome:

:awesome:!

hitoncheir said:
Not really :monster: It might be 好意? Which is basically the same anyway.

Aha! I think that's it!

You know, every once in a while, I think you might be the man, hito. But then I remember how much more awesome I am.

Good job, old chap. :monster:

hitoncheir said:
I'm glad there are people who will protect my interests in my absence.

And that I was absent to miss spoilers :awesome:

It was one you've already seen. :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
WHAT Hito's British? This totally ruins my idea of him as some white snowman midget from another dimension (who is clearly not Jack Frost because that would be copyright infringement). :(

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
WHAT Hito's British? This totally ruins my idea of him as some white snowman midget from another dimension ...

Same diff.

I don't need your approval. I know I'm great.

1234294985_futurama%20bender%20pimp%20walk.gif

"tinypic: This image or video has been moved or deleted."

:fail:

hito said:
... I don't trust you :awesome:

Come on, would I do that to you? :awesome:

Incidentally, how far along are you? I want you to finish that game so I can hear what you think of a few parts.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
WHAT Hito's British? This totally ruins my idea of him as some white snowman midget from another dimension (who is clearly not Jack Frost because that would be copyright infringement). :(
If this is going where I hope it's going :awesome: It's a more interesting direction for this thread.

"tinypic: This image or video has been moved or deleted."
Look closelier.

Come on, would I do that to you? :awesome:
I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you. And I throw like a little girl :awesome:

Incidentally, how far along are you? I want you to finish that game so I can hear what you think of a few parts.
I'm still in chapter 11 (
ヲルバ卿へ向かっているところ、タージンタワーに入ったばかり
). It's a long chapter and I was levelling up :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
I'm glad there are people who will protect my interests in my absence:
You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you. :awesome: (oh shit I showed my age just then)

hito and tres have chemistry. I think I'm going to start shipping them. Who's with me?

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
It's the new RyuMOG!

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
That is assuming all of the mods are somehow related.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I found some other translations of that line.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100104175842AAB9oFs
-"If the degree of favoribility from Tifa to Cloud is high, these two people left over on the airship will confirm their feelings of want for each other."

-"When Tifa's feelings toward Cloud are high and the two are left alone on the airship, they will confirm their mutual feelings for one another together."

Although I don't see the word mutual in there at all but at least we know there was no rejection :monster:.

and this one again:
http://www.utadanet.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4312
-"In the event the affection value toward Cloud from Tifa is high, the two that remain on the airship will confirm their feelings of desire for each other to one another."

I think the problem we'll have with convincing anyone that this is the real deal is... why it's coming up now and not sooner. That one is hard to explain and I have to admit I'm very WTF about it too :monster:
But having these other translations of the line will come in handy.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
'Mutual', in this case, is 'each other'. (互い) Though the last part of 'confirm' (確かめ合う) also shows that they're both, mutually confirming stuff.

Yahoo Answers said:
When the degree of good impression for the cloud of [teihua] is high, the cover [ri] which remains in flying airborne assault to verify the feeling which seeks each other
Source(s):
i speak it myself
Hold on, let me run that through a translator.

i have access to babelfish

I don't really know why it was overlooked, but I thought it was already done and released. That translation I posted was one I did a while back, but must never had posted. Then I took stuff down when my stuff started getting posted on this site :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Well we appreciate what you've done :D

Though the last part of 'confirm' (確かめ合う) also shows that they're both, mutually confirming stuff.
That's what this person said:
ティファのクラウドに対する好感度が高い場合、飛空艇に残ったふたりは、互いを求める気持ちを確かめ合う

ティファ = Tifa
クラウド = Cloud
に対する = toward
好感 = favoribility (affection value in this case)
度 = degree
高い = high
場合 = event...
飛空艇= airship
に残っ = left over (remain in this case, the "ni" says where they remained, airship in this case)
たふたり = two people
互い = each other
求める = to want/desire
気持ち = feeling
確かめ = confirmation
合う = This goes with above confirmation, meaning they confirmed with each other (a scene can confirm something for the viewers while characters involve do not know, this tells us it was confirmed between the characters)

Put it together with the participles and you get:
"In the event the affection value toward Cloud from Tifa is high, the two that remain on the airship will confirm their feelings of desire for each other to one another."

So yay :joy:
Makes sense and all

must... get ... others... to see... HA version... is... CANON!

Lol google thinks 確かめ合うmeans tightly

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I just noticed that Sally said the same thing. She sounds pretty smart and totally isn't me :awesome:

Lol google thinks 確かめ合うmeans tightly
That is almost as bad/good as that flying airborne assault thing.

But nowhere near its level.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Okay so I'm the dirty Cleris around here, but try not to laugh too hard at this question:

Why would the HA version be considered canon? I mean I'm not saying that there isn't MORE than enough reasons why all of this will end with Cloti, but I'm just curious why the HA version would be considered the ONE TRUE CANON.

Also, when did pairings become spoilers?
TIDUS LOVES YUNA HEEEEEE

I hope you feel spoiled.

also:
I don't need your approval. I know I'm great.

1234294985_futuramabenderpimpwalk.gif

AHAHA I LOVE YOU FOR USING THAT GIF

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
I'll let TresDias answer your question. :monster:
Tres said:
In any case, this version of the scene is definitely canon, I believe. Not only is it the only version that really fits all those descriptions (of communicating feelings for each other), and not only is it also the only one talked about in the FF 20th Anniversary Ultimania Scenario book's summary of the story, but I just asked FF_Goddess to check her FFVII Memorial Album (published by DigiCube/Square way back in 1999) to see which version of the scene it included in its script of the whole game.

She said it only mentions the high affection version, and that it's across pp. 241 through 242 in a section called "Highwind."

As for spoilers, Hito never wants to know anything. He's weird like that.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Thank you! I was sure someone had mentioned it but I was too lazy to scour this thread, haha.

That does make sense. It's sort of canon in the sense that technically the date with Aeris is canon -- it's the one that's most often referenced by the creators.

YOU GUYS ARE SMARTER THAN MOST CLERITHS GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
Yeah, I consider the Aerith date canon the same way I consider the HA Highwind canon. It's easiest to get, it makes the most sense storywise and, like you said, it's most often referenced.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Did that Memorial thing mention all the dates by chance or just the one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom