Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
There aren't. It's the chart with information that's true as of Disc 1. The arrow going from Cid to Shiera says he treats her cruelly:
http://s429.photobucket.com/albums/qq18/20thannivultimanias/FFVII/?action=view&current=Scan20022.jpg

Obviously not still accurate later on.

Like I say, though, I want to be able to counter arguments on their own terms. Having the descriptors for Locke/Celes, Squall/Rinoa, Zidane/Dagger (one down) and Tidus/Yuna will be the final piece of the puzzle for my FAQ for me. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Well simple enough, does the one for FFXIII say Vanille and Fang are lesbian lovers? If not, we got nothing to worry about. :monster:

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I'm sure they'll bring up the chart from AC and DoC as well... we just have to prove that those charts are not the end all of information.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well simple enough, does the one for FFXIII say Vanille and Fang are lesbian lovers? If not, we got nothing to worry about. :monster:

....What the fuck are you talking about?

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
Spoiler tags pls. Not that I give a shit, but I hear there's a smartass spoilerphobe Brit who wanders these parts.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm sure they'll bring up the chart from AC and DoC as well... we just have to prove that those charts are not the end all of information.

"Being childhood friends doesn't preclude being business partners, roommates, present-day friends, fuckbuddies or koibitos."

There. Got this year's Christmas present for you already covered. :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Tifa's an evil bully who excluded Cloud, dontcha know.
And carp are the fish of love!

That one always struck me as especially 'special'

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
There wasn't :P
Some people think the Clown Fish was a carp. (the one in the area right before Cloud goes Aerith's death)

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Black★Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku, Rin, Rin Okumura, Zack Fair.
Wonder where that fish went when you go to see aerith die...mayby she was hungry

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Did you guys know that during the Bahamut fight scene that the order of the characters throwing Cloud up to Bahamut is in order of least important to most important? Meaning Aerith is most important?

Vendel

Banned
Did you guys know that during the Bahamut fight scene that the order of the characters throwing Cloud up to Bahamut is in order of least important to most important? Meaning Aerith is most important?

I guess the inverse is true when you think about what is most important to you. Right?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
.. wasn't Aerith his first thought, though? In ACC?

EDIT:
OH i see what you did there and I should go to bed >_<
(tres if you're reading this, I tried to sleep but couldn't :monster:)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Vendel said:

I guess the inverse is true when you think about what is most important to you. Right?

Who'd have thought Yuffie was more important to him than Barret, Cid, Red and Reeve? And Vince apparently more so than all of them. :monster:

For that matter, who'd have thought Cloud had his friends organized into a hierarchy of importance?

"There's not a thing I don't cherish! And let me tell you, Seph, the exact order of their relevance to me!"

(tres if you're reading this, I tried to sleep but couldn't :monster:)

So I see. :monster: Round two?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Wow, this person on neoseeker COMPLETELY ignored the word desire in Hito's translation. I posted it for them and she reposted it and said "You mean this quote" and took out the word desire. I told her to look at the whole thing and she was like "No it just says feelings which proves Cloud rejected her..."

Wow, even the most diehard cleriths on CxA wouldn't do that. This person is just a nut job.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Wow, this person on neoseeker COMPLETELY ignored the word desire in Hito's translation. I posted it for them and she reposted it and said "You mean this quote" and took out the word desire. I told her to look at the whole thing and she was like "No it just says feelings which proves Cloud rejected her..."

Wow, even the most diehard cleriths on CxA wouldn't do that. This person is just a nut job.

Don't you see, Que, "motomeru" ("to want") is in that sentence not because it modifies "kimochi" ("feeling"), the word right after it, in any way -- but because it looks cool. Words being placed in a sentence doesn't imply they mean anything.

It's like the way the motorcycles move in Advent Children, or the way the characters fight. You wouldn't do a CG movie and then force everyone and everything to behave like they do in the real world, would you?

So, why have abstract symbols like those in a language's alphabet if you're just going to get them bogged down in the limitations of assigned, consistent meaning that allows for the successful communication of thoughts, ideas and feelings?

I mean, really, Que. You so silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom