Votes: 96 88.9%
  • Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Your Mom
Ah, yes. "we can never truly know anything, therefore any half-assed crack parasite theory is valid! The possiblities are endless!"

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
So we have final, official confirmation that Aerith was in denial of Zack's death in FFVII, and that explains her attitude in regards to Tifa asking about him.

Awesome. Just...fucking wow.

I want these translated and put up on the site. I want this broadcast from every fucking mountain on the internet.

The proofz just keep raining down, like ambrosia from heaven. Beautiful. Fucking, beautiful.

Its the Fall of Saigon, everyone. The North Cloti Army continued marching in, taking more and more territory, as the South Clerith forces desperately fought in vain to keep us back.

Now we're in fucking Saigon, the capital. And they're flying away in their helicopters in defeat. The direct attack was just too much for them to ignore or confront.

Victory Song everyone! THE GAME IS FUCKING OVER! CLOTI WINS!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
They're resorting to thoughtcrime enforcement in their only stronghold. That's how bad it is.

Vendel

Banned
Its the Fall of Saigon, everyone. The North Cloti Army continued marching in, taking more and more territory, as the South Clerith forces desperately fought in vain to keep us back.

Now we're in fucking Saigon, the capital. And they're flying away in their helicopters in defeat. The direct attack was just too much for them to ignore or confront.

I still say someone should do a Clerith version of Hitler in the bunker.

Fairheartstrife said:
Fucking awesome Ryu. Fucking AWESOME. I love you. Wanna have my babies?

If I didn't already know you were such a kobito this would upset me.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
... No, no I am not :awesome:

Fine we'll discuss... I never realized how much I used fan translations to prove my points until recently. Anyone else ever try ?

Isabella

Your Mom
How is it Cloud is able to see Zack? Does your debate partner have a theory on that?

And this no fan translations thing is a total copout.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
How is it Cloud is able to see Zack? Does your debate partner have a theory on that?
It COULD Be that Zack lives inside of Cloud but because there's other instances of other characters seeing dead people without them living inside of them (Kadaj seeing Aerith, the kids at the end seeing Aerith, Sephiroth, the Gi Tribe though I'm not sure how much they count) it's not entirely impossible that Zack can appear for other reasons.

And this no fan translations thing is a total copout.
I'm not sure what I can do except show the fan translators work really...

Isabella

Your Mom
It's a bit like a Luke and Leia shipper wanting to have a SW debate but insisting only Ep 4 can be used as evidence. If the bulk of the accepted canon doesn't support your position, no problem! Just insist it be left out!

And yes, the fan translations are accepted canon to the vast majority of people who give a shit about this topic. If that Luke Leia shipper tried to toss out everything else he'd be laughed at. I don't see this situation as any different.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I think what it boils down to, is unfortunately, this person just does not trust Hito :(

I do though, and you know what else? I know they aren't perfect but I think Saeki and Chibica do a damn good job as well. I would have no problems using their translations in a debate. :monster:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
Tis fan translated, it was requested that I only use official translations. :monster:
You see the pickle I'm in?

You do realize that is utterly ridiculous, right? Not only is it completely transparent that whoever you are debating simply acts ignorant because they have nothing constructive to respond with but also the official translations haven't exactly been stellar in the past - "This guy are sick."

I think what it boils down to, is unfortunately, this person just does not trust Hito :(

Have they a any proof that Hito is wrong?

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Tis fan translated, it was requested that I only use official translations. :monster:
You see the pickle I'm in?

That you're not insisting your requester provide a goal post on the field instead of in the stands -- where you're not allowed to take the ball. As well as not insisting that said requester demand the team they root for use the same goal post, instead being happy to let them use the one in the end zone at the other end of the field.

Translation: Insist that he offer reasonable standards for the debate (and, yes, the inclusion of fan translations that can be vetted any time he acutally wants them to be is a reasonable standard), and also ask why Chibica's translations are never ran through the same "guilty until proven innocent" procedure.

Last edited:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
@ fan translations:
That is utter bullshit. Ask the idiot you're debating with to provide her own xlations and until she does, she can concede and shut the fuck up. That's how it's done.
She has nothing. If she has nothign other than "well...officially it hasn't been translated that way" then she's lost. That's not a counter.

Tell the dumbass that just because she/he can't translate (or accept the blatant Clotiness of the statement) it does not mean it wasn't said.
If there is consensus among the translations then THATS WHAT IT SAYS.

And as far as I know, it wasn't JUST hito who xlated that. Also, if they don't trust him, they can stop using his translations of yore, from when he wasn't a dirty Cloti who liked big boobs.

Does Cloud ever find out Aerith had romantic affections for him?
Good one.
I don't actually think so. After her death, we are never really treated to what Cloud thought of Aeris' affections for him (he was clueless up until her death) and nothing in the Compilation really addresses that point (which is telling in itself). I'd say that since he places Zack's sword in Aerith's flowerbed ( :awesome: ), he thinks they belong together. Or at least knows of the separation and unites them in death. Symbolically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom