Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Shows like Law & Order & the X Files can do a different unrelated episode each week, I'm not sure this show can, it needs a recurring villain or a story Arc.

Or at least hint on something each episode that the plot can build towards.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Or at least hint on something each episode that the plot can build towards.

They do have that though. The mystery of Coulson's resurrection for example. That's the problem though - they only hint, and it's the same hints over and over without any real progression so far. :p

I've mostly enjoyed the series so far but I think it would be so much better with a higher degree of serialization.

It would also benefit from Joss Whedon on board as an actual showrunner but alas, he's busy with Age of Ultron, of course.

The recent episode - it's funny how it was marketed as a Thor 2 tie-in but didn't really have any ties with the movie whatsoever, apart from "this week's macguffin is Asgardian" and the first five minutes which were completely unrelated to the rest of the episode.

I kinda figured it might be like this, so as to not spoil anyone who hasn't seen The Dark World yet.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Jed Whedon said:
Now that we've gotten the first episodes under our belt and we've established the characters, we have a little bit more freedom to tell singular stories about the characters and dive into story lines like that, which makes us excited about the back half of the season.

More here

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
And wtf is that with Mei and Ward sleeping together? Just ewww.

Again the the sooner they get to the back half of the season the better because things aren't going really well right now.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I liked May and Ward shagging tbh, because it was a curveball after what seemed to be an obvious setting up SkyeWard. :p

I just want a big bad for this season and see more of the larger SHIELD organization like we did in "The Hub".

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I didn't care for the predictable Ward/Sky either or any potential pairing for that matter.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
tumblr_mx83ecJBR41r4dsjko1_500.jpg

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
We're coming up to the mid-point so we've been setting up for the most part stand-alone episodes are in fact coming back and becoming connected in ways that people didn't know. A lot of that happens in episode 10, and you'll go, oh, I didn't know that was connected, or this person was connected as well. And a Big Bad starts to emerge for us. There will be a lot more momentum towards that in the back half of the season.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1718775/shield-producer-answer-to-coulson-mystery.jhtml

Telcontar

Donator
Either May or Coulson are Skye's parents.

1) May doesn't like Skye digging up stuff about her parents.
2) Coulson started talking about Peterson's son all of a sudden after Skye broke down in her room. Hm...

May also let it slip that Coulson was hiding something. That May's her mom? That Coulson is her dad?

As seen in Iron Man 3, can't people with Extremis regenerate? Wasn't that why people who lost their limbs and stuff join the program? How the hell did that soldier die in this episode then? Shouldn't he have regenerated after the "eye-thing" exploded? Which leads me to my next point...

Will Peterson regenerate?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
To that last question probably, to the other two I have no idea but I'm not sure I would be on-board with it if it were true.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Tahiti. Fuck, man.

Didn't expect them to show something like that. :wacky:

When they showed
the operation being done on Coulson's brain I thought "Can they show that on a primetime network television series without a viewer discretion warning?"

I really enjoyed the episode, hopefully this means a turn for a more interesting and tighter storyline.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Goddamn, another break until February.

Anyway,
Skye's an 0-8-4? Oh shiiiiiiii-

Also, dat Bucky Barnes namedrop.

And the introduction of Blizzard.

It was cool to see some of the SHIELD academy. It's always better when they actually spend some time in the Marvel world instead of doing isolated cases and hanging out on the Bus. =p

Stan Lee's in the next episode!

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So I loved tonight's episode, the train part reminded me a bit of Firefly's "The Train Job". It was an exciting episode and I'm beginning to see the show finally start to come together. That being said for fuck's sake the series is going on hiatus for another month, it feels like whatever steam the show is getting is disappearing once again with these long breaks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom