Mass Effect Series

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I should get ME3 PC just for multiplayer. The only reason I got the Xbox version is because I wanted my old save files for single player replay.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
You'd have to unlock all your awesome stuff all over again, though :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
So, when a shop offers you a trilogy for the cost of one game, you tell them to shut up and take your money.

A few of you have already seen my set up in the What games are you currently playing? thread, but for those who haven't...
BACKGROUND: Colonist/War Hero MShep
CLASS: Engineer
MORALITY: Paragon

No, not sure how an engineer held off the Skyllian Blitz, although I hear the people of Elysium say it was due to the concussive force of his solid steel balls.

I've just finished Noveria (having completed Feros last weekend).
I spared the Rachni Queen. I was expecting her to look more like the Empress of the Racnoss from Doctor Who.

Just completing some side quests at the moment before going to Virrmire.

Don't ask me to choose a favourite character just yet.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Infiltrators all the way fuckers. I was also an Engineer the first time I played ME1.

I think it's safe to say that his favorite character isn't going to end up being either of the ones that are involved in you know what.

Lex

Administrator
Probably true. I don't know who my favourite character is actually. I love them all so much. I seem to have a special place in my heart for Samara though, she's just the queen of absolute awesomeness. Samara <3

But also Kasumi of course.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Wrex has been my favorite from day one, he's followed by EDI and Kasumi. I still wish I could romance Kasumi, :(

Lex

Administrator
Actually I think the thing I like the most about Samara is her voice. It's silky smooth, authoritative and deadly all rolled up into one. Plus she's just deadly, and cold. Yet very human. That's just my kind of character.

Who else can make "find peace in the embrace of the goddess" sound so deadly?

Standard mass effect 2 spoilers in this video:

She also has the best track in the whole of the ME2 soundtrack as her theme IMO. Oh she rocks. If I can find decent photos she's my new avatar and sig on this board.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Honestly Samara's soundtrack track is probably the only character track I liked in ME2's soundtrack :monster:

But yes asari gmilf thanks
Too many great characters in ME to choose a favorite though. Garrus would probably be the bro by default since yknow he was a squadmate for lyf

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Wrex and Garrus are my bros for life. When Wrex called my femshep his sister it felt so good.

Wrex/Garrus banter is almost always awesome:

Wrex: Damn it, out of all of the turians out there, I had to make friends with one who thinks he's funny.
Garrus: Well how do you think I feel? I'm supposed to hate you, but instead you warmed my heart with your winning personality.
Wrex: I could throw a few salarians off a cliff if it'll make you feel better.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Kudos to Kris for choosing the most unpopular class within the game! :monster:
What can I say, I'm a tech head. :monster: The only problem I'm finding with it (besides the lack of heavier fire power) is there's little point in taking Tali anywhere. :(

I usually have Garrus and Wrex in my team whenever I go planetside, armed with an assault rifle and a shotgun respectively. And I guess that, for now, Wrex is probably my favourite character, although that could easily change in ME2.

Just a few observations: firstly, on Feros,
Shepard has 8/10 Charm points. Enough to turn a couple of situations later in the game. But still, that guy from ExoGeni? Yeah, Shep's gonna shoot him

Secondly, I didn't realise until last night that the character models went white then dissolved when you killed them. A further realisation came soon after: I'd only recently equipped Cryo Rounds. :awesome:

And, as I can't get a decent photo from my TV screen, I'll give a description of my Shep. Imagine
carrot_kidby.jpg

...crossed with
Bruce+Willis+stubble.jpg

Splintered

unsavory tart
Favorite character discussion? They are all so beautiful ;_;

But my favorite goes to either Mordin or Garrus, Garrus for awesome birdraptor love/bro, and Mordin just all around greatness and singing.

Wrex and Samara are also pretty high up there.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I always have the blue option for the Exogeni dickwipe but I never take it. I use the gray Paragade option and straight up Scarface his bitch ass.

Wrex and Garrus are at the top of my pantheon of bros. However I give Wrex a very slight edge since
Garrus had three games to reach that level of awesome and Wrex only had about 1.12 in my estimate. Also Garrus is eh ok in ME1 but he really takes off once he becomes Archangel and brings that attitude, that strut where he's the baddest motherfucker in the room with the longest reach and the best one-liners.

Whereas Wrex IMHO is dominant every moment he's onscreen from the very beginning.

Truly the cast is what makes this series legendary. There are very, very few shitty characters (I can only think of three, and one borderline). And the best part is that the games let you decide who to like. They're (almost) all so well balanced that you can justify liking or hating something about (nearly) any of them.

@ classes: my Femshep is an unstoppable Vanguard and my Maleshep is an untouchable Infiltrator. I fantasize about them fighting back to back taking down Capital ships on foot. Also go Adepting occasionally.

Honestly Samara's soundtrack track is probably the only character track I liked in ME2's soundtrack :monster:

Really? I love most of them. I still blast Garrus' theme in my car on the way to work.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Everything else seemed generic in comparison, just synths over an orchestra.
Samara's track tried bringing in some odd ethnic sounds and it really felt like the only one with a unique set of instruments. Thus it stood out for me, lol

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Honestly I can't remember any of the character tracks except for Mordin's in ME3.

When Wrex sees Shep in ME2 for the first time and goes "Shepard! My friend!", I thought that was the best, it completely sealed him as my favorite character.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I never understood why some people piss and moan about Adepts. I think they're loads of fun in all three games.

Lex

Administrator
I think all the classes have their merits, I tend to prefer any class with biotics though. Purely because I think biotic abilities are cool. I kind of thought Adepts were quite popular. I like Vanguard because it's a good mix of biotics and combat. Plus biotic charge is my favourite ability in all 3 games. Fly across the battlefield.

When I went back to my old soldier save I kept wanting to use it to get places.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
In the stats released by Bioware, Adept is the second most unpopular but it's pretty much as unpopular as Engineer. :monster:

Also I don't know anybody that plays the game to play Adept. Singularity for life.

Top Bottom