Mass Effect Series

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Also why would I mess with
Talibrations?
They're so cute and funny together.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Ah yes, "
Talibrations
". Of which I know nothing about, obviously. :whistle:

Anyway, as I have a new PS3 and my ME disc is stuck in the old one for the moment (had to order an extra tool), I'll probably have a go with ME2. Mini-poll: what character class should my Femegade Shep be?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Funny you should suggest that, as I'd been considering a Vanguard as my Femegade simply due to balancing out my Male Paragon Engineer. :monster:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Femshep is a Vanguard, 'tis canon. Or should be.

I love Tali too much to punish her with maleshep as her boyfriend.

That's ok, I punished Tali with my Maleshep enough for everyone :awesome:

My #1 romance is ME2 Miranda via the Renegade path, #2 Tali for the sole reason that she seems to most consistently act like my girlfriend, and #3 Liara. Honorable mention is ME3 Jack who improved by leaps and bounds. The only real disaster on the female side is Ashley.

Out of the males the only good one is Garrus IMO, but even that's based on ME3. Before I found him too awkward and just fell back on Liara for my Femshep.

Lex

Administrator
I'll be doing a femshep playthrough at some point and a point of contention for me is who to romance. S/S Miranda would be nice but unfortunately is not possible :/

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I never understood why Femshep can't romance Jack who stated herself to be bisexual. Having characters with various alignments does bring a lot of replay and immersion value, but I wish they'd have just made everyone bi. DA2 had the right idea.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No, I prefer characters having orientations. As you say it helps immersion.

As for Jack, I dunno, but I'm also okay with not EVERY person in the world falling over themselves to sleep with the hero.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Plenty of characters turn you down (Samara, Vega, Mordin) or simply aren't available (Kasumi, Zaeed, Wrex, Joker, arguably Anderson, realistically Morinth).

Also immersion is nice but the size of the dating pool is not even remotely equal for all character types. If I'm playing a hetero Maleshep then sure, I've got plenty of good options. What about the fairly common lesbian Femshep? You get 2 1/2 options and that's counting Liara. And a gay Maleshep? You get one choice since Kaiden is off the radar for most players *chortle*. Personally I would trade a little immersion to get my Femshep in bed with Tali or Miranda.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
There were quite a few more homosexual options planned, especially in the earlier titles, but they were mostly canned for god-knows-why.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I think they probably started doing that once they found out the first game had a sex scene, hetero or no :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Here's the infamous rant Fox News made about Mass Effect:

It's fucking hilarious.

Lex

Administrator
Oh god I'd just love to watch that company go down in flames.

I NEED TO GO BY THE RESEARCH AND THE RESEARCH TELLS ME THAT TEENAGE BOYS LIKE SEX AND VIOLENCE

Shocker eh? >_>

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
lol this whole thing is so comedic

AND LOOK WHERE THE HYPE WENT NOW. :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Favourite moment in ME2 so far? Getting drunk with Dr Chakwas. :monster: Pity there wasn't any bonus drunk dialogue.

And despite my attempts to be Renegade, I'm more Renagon. It's so hard to be mean to some of the characters...

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm worried I might have done a bad on my ME3 playthrough.

I left out doing
Kasumi and Zaeed's little side mission for a while but then after the cerberus attack on the Citadel they are not there anymore. I am sad not to have these two when I FINALLY playthrough Citadel. Also I didn't get Chakwas either and now she's gone forever. The med bay is so empty.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
If you did the
Cerberus attack then Kasumi is indeed lost forever but Zaeed appears after the attack.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
This is my first time touching Citadel too. I won't have her there for that. Part of me hopes her part in Citadel isn't that big so that I don't miss much, but another part of me hopes it is a big part so I can enjoy said part at a later date.

Rarrfnoianpnhcpoenfpw*explode*

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
She doesn't have a big part but she makes great use of screen time, very awesome and hilarious.

Top Bottom