Mass Effect Series

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Yeah but it's nearly the same % as Sentinel, which itself isn't too far behind Vanguard and Infiltrator. I think it's just the huge influx of FPS fans that skew the stats. Something like 44% play as Soldiers which are boring as hell IMO.

Edit: found the stats link for anyone who hasn't seen it

I am the 4% :monster:
For a second I thought you'd rounded up and meant you were the 3.8%. If that was true then I'd hate you immediately and want no further contact with you.

In my ME2 game, Insanity is the only Achievement I am missing. I have a save that's half way through the game on Insane that I left in the water when ME3 came out.

Kris, don't look at that link. It contains spoilers and this game series is far too valuable to be spoiled.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
64% of players did not get to meet Wrex in the ME3 campaign.

This is either wrong or 64% of the people who play ME are complete idiots. How the hell would anyone want to play a game without Wrex?

Some of the results are affected by the stpryline so they're not the most accurate in reality. For example the most popular squad members, Liara is the only returning squad member with plot armor and she's required for 3 missions, Garrus is most likely the most popular squad member, Tali being fifth is influenced by the fact that she's absent for the first half of the game.

As always the 82% of players that use maleshep are playing the games wrong.

The Mass Effect panel featured five of the series' top designers and the guy who played Kaiden.

That made me lol, my friends and zoidberg.

Ah yes, "spoilers" :quote:

We have dismissed that claim.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I am also the 4%. I found ME2 challenging on Insanity. It's a good kind of challenging though, not frustrating IMO. ME1 on Insanity was just ridiculous. Everything has immunity and they always use it when their health bar has like one pixel left. The absolute worst are the Krogan. That bit near the end on the Citadel (rooftops? IDK) where there are just Krogan everywhere. NOPE. I actually just ran past them with barrier on.

I agree that soldier is the most boring class. When I first picked the game up I knew nothing about it except that it had done really well in reviews for its story. So I just bought it and thought the other classes were going to be more challenging or something. Ended up choosing soldier - and regretting it. I went through my entire first playthrough without even ordering a squadmate to use a power. It wasn't til I went through it again that I realised how varied and fun all the different classes are.

I WANT TO PLAY ME3 MULTIPLAYER WITH PEOPLE WHY DONT ANY OF YOU PLAY THIS GAME ON PS3 ;_;

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Yeah Soldiers are boring as shit, my little brother played as a Soldier on his first playthrough on ME1, he deleted the file as soon as he finished the game. There's really nothing interesting about them.

Lex

Administrator
In ME2 and ME3 the combat is still excellent but the no powers thing is a nightmare. Powers are the best thing about combat across all 3 games. If I didn't have Wrex to use throw in ME1 I'd never have made it through insanity.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Once you learn to manipulate the numbers and get a feel for the weapon mods though, you can easily steamroll the last couple hours of ME1, even on Insanity :monster:

My first ME1 character was a female Infiltrator and I feel probably the best choice out of the three I've made. I enjoyed a male Vanguard (especially for ME2 insanity, which as Lex said is a very satisfying kind of challenging) but I got turned off by the way Vanguards played in ME3.

I picked up a female Soldier, which was a little stale for me but not incredibly boring since I decided to go mostly Renegade for her (a change in pace for me since my previous 2 were paragon) and I got to romance Garrus using her so its all good :3

Also after playing 2 very distinct and complex classes it's good every now and then to play something simple. Simple as in like, "I like machine guns. I shoot machine guns. Things that are in front of those machine guns die in a hail of machine gun fire." :monster:

It's very cathartic to have armor piercing ammunition that basically renders all enemy cover moot :wacky:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Kris, don't look at that link. It contains spoilers and this game series is far too valuable to be spoiled.
Too late I'm afraid. Blame TV Tropes. :(

Still, I knew about
Ash's death
before I went to see Pokemon the First Movie and it didn't affect my enjoyment.

Regardless, this study suggests spoilers can enhance enjoyment. But I digress.

I'm just gonna be smug here and say I completed the Besieged Base assignment with no civilian casualties and without save scumming. Getting praised by Hackett makes me feel proud of my actions. :)

As for difficulties... hell, I'm never going to unlock the Insanity achievement. I'm not that good of a gamer.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Ugh. ME1 was by far the hardest Insanity IMO. I remember getting bitchslapped on one of those "abandoned" ships that was full of biotics. Every few seconds they would cast Throw or some shit and Shepard would just lay down. I damn near threw the controller at the TV.

Also feel the same way about spoilers. :monster: If a story is worth its salt, it'll still be great after you know the surprises. But I have become a bit insensitive to others who prefer to avoid spoilers.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I agree with the study at least for me, everyone is different. I always read all the spoilers before watching or playing something, it does enhance the story for me and I can evaluate it better.

ME1 was a pain in the ass on Easy and Normal, there's no way in hell I would ever try it on Insanity I would probably end up destroying the game.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I guess that makes me the minority >:

Although I suppose having played it quite a number of times makes a difference? That isn't to say that there were moments that were mind-numbingly frustrating, but overall as an RPG the numbers are very exploitable.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
My Playstation 3 YLOD'd while I was on Luna.

So my disc's inside the console. And so far, the "fixes" haven't helped me to get it out. T_T

It was nice being able to look up at the Earth, though *snf*

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
That Krogan that fought you during Liara's recruitment mission in ME1 was by far the most annoying enemy in that game, even on lower difficulties. I don't know why but he just was.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I hate Therum altogether, I spent 3 fucking infuriating hours there on my first playthrough, almost rage quite on the game altogether. I hope that krogan died very painfully and all the geth and the Mako too.

My advice to anyone new playing the game is take Ashley and Wrex and I hope you want to brake the game after you finish the mission.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I found the first on foot fight against an armature more annoying, TBH. At least, it took longer and more reloading than fighting the battletoad.

So Shepards of TLSF, I'm putting my future in your hands. Assuming I'm able to retrieve my disc but not my saves, how should I proceed?
-1) strive to recreate my Shepard and play through again just as I have been, plus any knowledge I've gained along the way.
-2) create a Femegade (Female Renegade) Shep before recreating my previous Shepard, and play through the game in a Renegade state of mind.

AvecAloes

Donator
How far into the game did you get? I didn't play ME1, though, I just started with ME2 and used the supplemental "comic" to fill in the gaps of what decisions I would have made... also, how were you playing your Shep?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
The next storyline bit was Virrmire, and I'd completed most of the assignments/side missions, got up to around level 35. And, I was doing a Paragon run as an Engineer.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Pro tip: Play as Female Shepard regardless of class/alignment. She's just so much better.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
^What Joe said. Also as I've mentioned before there's a cheat in the game to get infinite paragon points, you do that and you can play the rest of the game as much of a renegade as you want without worry.

tumblr_mad4wle2Yn1qiya42o1_500.gif

tumblr_mad4wle2Yn1qiya42o2_500.gif

Lex

Administrator
You can get infinite renegade too. The dialogue with... the turian guy whose name I forget on Noveria is repeatable. Apparently it can screw up your save import to ME2 but mine was fine :D

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
The irony is that grunt doesn't have a mama

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Pro tip: Play as Female Shepard regardless of class/alignment. She's just so much better.
Your argument is flawed. Male Shepard can romance Tali, while Female Shepard can't. :awesome:

I think being unable to play ME is affecting me. I found myself doodling a mass effect relay earlier.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Your argument is completely invalid. Liara.

Plus Garrus.

Imo Tali is third on the list with those two above her. Therefore Fem>Male.

Top Bottom