Mass Effect Series

Lex

Administrator
The source code for it was corrupt and the people who ported the game couldn't build it.

Twitter proofz.

From what I've read it adds nothing to the story anyway, so it's one I never bothered about. This is also the third time I've specifically told you it's not on PS3 Carlie - once in this thread and another time on Skype :D. READ!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Was to complain about Garrus and Wrex kill-stealing and preventing me from getting the Geth Hunter trophy.

Then I sniped some on Virmire with the Mako and got the achievement.

And of course I talked Wrex down.

Just met Sovereign. Seems a nice guy.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
RIP
LT.
:(

Best moment of the game afterwards, though:

And, I forgot this last time, but a minor What the Hell, Hero? to Liara. No, I did not talk "the krogan" down, I had a talk with Wrex. You remember Wrex, right? Helped me save your ass first time we met?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Completed the game for the first time! :joy:

Charmed Saren to suicide
Chose to save the Council
Anderson FTW

Had fun AI Hacking Saren's elite geth and sending them charging in against his other elite geth. :monster:

EDIT

I don't think I'll ever see something as bizarrely heartwarming as Anderson patting Wrex on the arm, telling him "it's OK. You're safe now". And the disconsolate look on Wrex's face... only to quickly turn into a grin/smirk when Shepard pulls themselves out alive.

Quickly spoiled by that derp smile, which is either "I can't believe that worked!", or fighting so many emotions. Also oddly like some of the faces Benedict Cumberbatch pulls in Star Trek Into Darkness.

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Completed the game for the first time! :joy:

Charmed Saren to suicide
Chose to save the Council
Anderson FTW

Had fun AI Hacking Saren's elite geth and sending them charging in against his other elite geth. :monster:

EDIT

I don't think I'll ever see something as bizarrely heartwarming as Anderson patting Wrex on the arm, telling him "it's OK. You're safe now". And the disconsolate look on Wrex's face... only to quickly turn into a grin/smirk when Shepard pulls themselves out alive.

Quickly spoiled by that derp smile, which is either "I can't believe that worked!", or fighting so many emotions. Also oddly like some of the faces Benedict Cumberbatch pulls in Star Trek Into Darkness.
Let me love you for your choices. :monster:

I chose to focus on Sovereign, and screwed the Council over. My femShep saved and romanced Kaidan, was a paragon and had my sexy boi and Tali as perma-party members. Very exciting playing the first time, since Lex and Carlie were constantly telling me stuff.

Um, well, I'd say it was 1.5. I accidentally resumed my last save, which was literally the last part of Saren when he's a motherfucking beast. I decided to play the ending again, saved the Council this time and then because of a glitch, I got the trophy for playing through the game twice on different settings. :awesome:

Overall, I've fallen in love with the series and I'm only on the first game. Granted, I did play like an hour or so on ME2 and wanted to screw Miranda, but couldn't because I was femShep. I think I'll carry on with romancing Kaidan as canon throughout the series (Lex pulled my arm and I thank you for that!), and screw Liara on this current playthrough (and possibly Ashley on my quick Adept playthrough).

Right now, I've got femShep with Liara and Garrus as my perma-team members for their respective trophies on a Hardcore playthrough, which is a HUUUGE step up from Casual. Gonna screw Liara for the hell of it and
unsure if I can sacrifice my Kaidan bb this time! :(

But I'm falling in love with the series as much as I did with DA for sure. <3

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm so happy to hear people enjoying Mass Effect 1. I'm a massive fan of the entire series and it's had such a big impact on me. I couldn't think of a game series I love more than ME.

Having said that though I feel like Mass Effect 1 is an utter chore whenever I make a full playthrough of the series. It pleases me to see people enjoying that first game because it means they are gonna enjoy the fuck out of the next two.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Having said that though I feel like Mass Effect 1 is an utter chore whenever I make a full playthrough of the series. It pleases me to see people enjoying that first game because it means they are gonna enjoy the fuck out of the next two.

This is exactly how I feel about ME1. Honestly I like the story but I just can't stand the gameplay, if it weren't for ME & 3 I don't I would be able to put up with it.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Was chatting with someone who's played the original game about nine times in all (apparently), and he said I should brag about this more: I got Battlemaster IX armour for Wrex from a random drop while storming the Citadel.

Also, my squad were all wearing Predator armour at the end.

Just started a ME2 playthrough with my Engineer to see how things are changed due to his actions (I'll be going back to ME to go through and get the Extreme Power Gamer trophy, and import THAT version across too, later). So:

Recruit Kasumi > get re-instated > get Hammerhead > go to Normandy crash site

Next Zaeed > Archangel > Mordin > Jack/Grunt (depending on how long until Horizon).

Of course, I let Tali take Veetor. My Shepard hasn't been fully Paragon while talking with TIM, as I feel that's too confrontational.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
tumblr_mocztlgoQV1ro547do1_500.jpg

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Was chatting with someone who's played the original game about nine times in all (apparently), and he said I should brag about this more: I got Battlemaster IX armour for Wrex from a random drop while storming the Citadel.

The drop rates for decent Krogan, Quarian and Turian armors can be incredibly rare; most times you'll find a decent set of armor once halfway through the playthrough and you'll end up having Tali, Garrus or Wrex wearing it for the rest of the game.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I have a new favourite part of Mass Effect 2. I've just arrived on Tuchanka, and...

WREX'S ALIVE!!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing how my armour's colour scheme is going to look on the other characters: I've gone for an urban camo with Alliance blue spot colours. Of course, when Miranda and Jacob become loyal, they just drop the white out of their Cerberus uniforms...

Hisako

AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Tuchanka has some of the best comedy bits

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
That is true, from Wrex alone, these two lines are gold:

"Next thing you're gonna tell me is that he's quint and craps dark matter."

"Of course he's dead, you're with Shepard how could he be alive?"

Hisako

AKA
Also, Shepard headbutting, because he/she don't take shit from no-one

Not even several hundred pound krogan

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Also, Shepard headbutting, because he/she don't take shit from no-one

Not even several hundred pound krogan
A krogan who's voiced by Worf, no less.

OK, seems I misunderstood the whole loyalty outfit thing... during my last playthrough, they happened to coincide with the colour I had Shepard's armour as. But despite the fact that they spit on Cerberus and say they're only there due to Shepard... the loyalty outfit is in Cerberus colours.

Ironically, this means the only two characters who match my Shepard's colour scheme are Garrus and WrexGrunt with their default and DLC outfits.

I managed to resolve Miranda and Jack's argument AND gain Zaeed's loyalty through Charm. :joy: Technically got Tali off the treason charge through Charm, too, but decided to reload and Rally the Crowd. More fun that way.

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Ironically, this means the only two characters who match my Shepard's colour scheme are Garrus and Wrex with their default and DLC outfits.
I'm blown away by your ability to recruit Wrex in Mass Effect 2. Clearly I am not as good as that game as I thought.

Hisako

AKA
oh u

The Renegade interrupt for Tali's trial is the best thing ever (esp. with Jennifer Hale's angryfeis-voice)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I wanna do a full renegade playthrough just to be able to do that with my femshep, is so fucking awesome.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I'm blown away by your ability to recruit Wrex in Mass Effect 2. Clearly I am not as good as that game as I thought.
Freudian slip. :monster: I meant of course, Urdnot GuilmonGrunt.

Hisako

AKA
WRONG, ADMIRAL
THIS IS A SHAM

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I wanna do a full renegade playthrough just to be able to do that with my femshep, is so fucking awesome.
That's what I've been doing with my current playthrough. Renegade femshep is a bad ass one. :monster:

Top Bottom