Mass Effect Series

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Use Paragon dialogue to get Hock talking. Get speech no different to the Renegade dialogue.

:nah: Disappointed.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
"Aha!"
"Found some DNA?"
"No, a credit chit. :D"

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
So, I'm finally doing my Insanity playthrough on the first game.

Insanity sounds accurate. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Can anyone give me some advice regarding weaponry and armour for Arrival, please? Haven't got to it yet, but my Engineer tends to suffer when he has to fight alone.

Current armour set up:
-Sentry Interface (+5% shields)
-Kestrel Torso Sheath (+10% melee damage, +5% weapon damage, +3% shields)
-Amplifier Plates (+5% power damage)
-Off-Hand Ammo Pack (+10% ammo)
-Kestrel Power Pack (+8% shields, +5% heavy weapon ammo)

Weapons:
-Locust SMG
-M5 Phalanx heavy pistol
-Mattock assault rifle
-Arc Projector

I took assault rifle proficiency on the Collector Ship (obviously), and my current loyalty power is Warp Ammo.

Also: love Shep and Liara banter in Lair of the Shadow Broker. :D

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
IT'S A TAXI, IT HAS A FARE METER

All I can really say for Engineer is that the Drone is paramount to getting AI out of cover and in your sights so you can use powers. Not sure if Warp Ammo is necessary (Cryo might be a better fit for crowd control, especially if you pair it off with a rapid-firing weapon like the Locust), but it's a nice choice for extra damage nonetheless.

The Mattock's a great choice, I'd stick with it :cthulhu:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer

Liara: Go go go go go go!
Shepard: I'm going!

Shepard: What kind of guns does this thing have?
Liara: It's a taxi! It has a fare meter!
Shepard: Wonderful.

Liara: Truck!
Shepard: I know.
Liara: TRUCK!
Shepard: I know!
(dodges the truck)
Liara: Yaaah!
Shepard: There we go!
Liara: You're enjoying this.

Liara: Truck!
Shepard: Again?

Liara: A head-on collision at this speed...
Shepard: Yeah, I hear those can be bad for you.

Liara: Traffic! Oncoming traffic!
Shepard: (unfazed) We'll be fine!

Liara: Oof!
Shepard: You okay?
Liara: Still better than the Mako.

The moment Shep and Liara went into old married couple territory.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Blueberry waifu~

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
All I can really say for Engineer is that the Drone is paramount to getting AI out of cover and in your sights so you can use powers. Not sure if Warp Ammo is necessary (Cryo might be a better fit for crowd control, especially if you pair it off with a rapid-firing weapon like the Locust), but it's a nice choice for extra damage nonetheless.

The Mattock's a great choice, I'd stick with it :cthulhu:
Thanks for the advice. :) I've currently got Overload, Incinerate and Cryo Blast all upgraded to high AoE mode. :awesome: I retrained, as I had AI Hacking at AoE before going on Tali's recruitment and loyalty missions (don't have it for Overlord, though... WHOOPS). There's little greater than seeing two geth stop shooting at you to fire at each other while running for cover.

And the Mattock has done me proud: I'm more accurate with it than with the laser-sighted Phalanx.

Talking of Overlord... Engineer Shep backed by loyal Garrus and Miranda is deadly against all those mechs.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Garrus and Miranda is all you need, esp. if you're a techie :monster: double Overloads (triple with your Engineer!) and a Warp against armour for good measure. Plus, I believe Armor-Piercing Ammo on Garrus as well? It's been a while since I played ME2.
Concussive Shot also synergises beautifully with Cryo effects, since they do extra damage against frozen enemies and generally insta-kill minor enemies..

I love the Phalanx and its laser-sighted quirk, but I think at a distance the dot is simply too small and jittery to handle properly.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
With the Soldier class, you can try and max out cooldown for infinite dakka, or go a similar route with sniper rifles and make one-hit-kill, high explosive (and maximum ragdoll) rounds :monster: Either or can beat Saren without any issues in a minute or two, I think.

You can do a similar dealio with high explosive shotguns too~

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Yeah, I keep using my assault rifle. But the game has been so frustrating today I've already rage quit twice already. Trying to get as many missions done as I can to get Ashley and Wrex's trophies,
then it's bye bye Ashley on Virmire!
and sweeping up the Adept/Engineer trophies.

In one way, I really can't bear to part with ME1. But the other part is utterly fed up and wants to move onto ME2.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I didn't really have lots of difficulty on insanity. I was on PC though, so aiming always felt like less of a hassle :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I've finally done every side mission and now onto Feros. I went to pick Liara up straight after the Citadel, but I obviously considered not getting her, anyway. You have Soak to blame for my ways. :monster:

I think the repetitive side missions bored me and now I'm interested in the game finally again. The lack of automatic save points frustrates me. I've constantly gone on a planet, collected shit, gone to e.g. a geth outpost and get my arse kicked. It's partially my own fault for trying to think I'm such a know it all on Insanity.

But I feel like I've done the majority of it by now, or at least the side missions feel like that for me personally. Feros, Noveria, Virmire, Ilos and Citadel feel pretty quick for me now I've played through the story twice over.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Shame on you and Jess for not appreciating Liara though you might change your tune once you see her in ME2 & 3 and find out all the things she has done for you.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
We're not changing our minds anytime soon. Now back off, human hater. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Ami you haven't played ME2 & 3 go played them and then say who you don't like woman. :monster:

If you would play ME2 you would know why Kasumi (human) is one of the best characters of the series and one of my favorites.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Kasumi is fucking amazing, she's got nothing on Miranda though and I fucking despise Jack with a passion. oooo Ami you have so much to look forward too.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Once I finally platinum the game. I think I'm going to be done tomorrow. I just have Virmire, Ilos and Citadel to do, really, alongside any other side mission that comes at me.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Kasumi is fucking amazing, she's got nothing on Miranda though and I fucking despise Jack with a passion. oooo Ami you have so much to look forward too.

Nah man Kasumi is the best, Miranda is great and all but Kasumi is just too fucking awesome.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
All squadmates loyal. Omega 4 Relay.

ME2_No_One_Left_Behind.png
NO ONE LEFT BEHIND
ME2_No_One_Left_Behind.png

:joy:

Just taking care of some of the assignments I passed over (Stompy the YMIR <3) then Arrival. Then final destination, ME3.

Then back to 1 to pick up a few trophies, take my character back through 2 to do the events I missed this time around (inc. Kelly dinner), then through 3. Again.

And if a new game isn't out by then... new character.

Top Bottom