Mass Effect Series

Lex

Administrator
I'd say before the DLC, and either make it the last thing you do before the end, or do it after the ending. After the ending is my preferred choice though, for headcanon.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'd say before the DLC, and either make it the last thing you do before the end, or do it after the ending. After the ending is my preferred choice though, for headcanon.
Yeah, I'm going through it after the ending. It'll help me so much through the ending. <3

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
OK, thanks for the advice.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
So I've finished ME2!
Human Reaper! WAT. And what the fudge are they building in that small teaser?
Going to do Arrival (I just had to pay £5.49 for it, ah well! Small price for my new favourite series at the end of the day) and then go through my Insanity run to platinum the game.

Lex

Administrator
I'm almost jealous you don't get to feel the full agony we went through before the extended cut. It does soften the blow a tiny bit.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I was telling Ami that, as bad as the endings are just remember there was something much, much worse that you were lucky enough to avoid.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
But then it does make me wish I'd gotten into the series much earlier. I just don't understand how the hell I've missed it when I've already played Dragon Age.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
So, completed Priority: Thessia and Priority: Horizon. Knew most of what was going to hit me from spoiling myself, but still... holy shit, I feel drained. :I

Fully expected to have to make a Renegade interrupt and shoot Ori in the kneecap to prevent Mira from going kamikaze... but my Shepard charmed Lawson into letting her go.

SHEPARD: "I just want the girl and the data, I don't give a shit about you."
LAWSON: "You ask for a lot..."
SHEPARD: "Worth your life?"
LAWSON: "..." *lets Ori go* "So, you'll let me walk?"
MIRANDA: "LOL, no."

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
That was another moment that made me love Miranda more, too bad there wasn't an option afterward to high five, bro first or make out her.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
At some point I need to sort things out to game online... promote an oddball bunch of misfit engineers to the galactic stage. (What? I'm good at being an engineer. :awesome: Like the veteran engineer at Silversun Strip says, there's nothing you can't kill with fire and electricity.)

Citadel DLC... oh so much funny seen in full. I also got all the Armax Arsenal achievements (thanks to the ME wiki for pointing out that you can beat all but one of the opponents in the Mirror Match on Narrative difficulty, then switch to Normal and still get the achievement). Favourite lines: "welcome to the island of doctor me!" "MORE ICE!" Also, I found out when meeting up with Miranda that my Shepard has the perfect face for "bitch, please" expressions. :lol:

Also, killing
Kai Leng
with the Spirit Armour on. Irony's a bitch. And I took the Renegade interrupt -
the one person to actively kill one of my crew (Kaidan and Mordin lay down their lives to do the job in front of them) gets no mercy

So... landing on Earth. Haven't decided yet how I'm going to finish things. None of the options seems the right decision to me.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Everyone takes the renegade interrupt with Kai Leng, it's impossible not to.
Ha ha! I broke your little sword you little bitch, what you got to say about that? Wanna taunt me again? Oh that's right you can't because I killed you and while your dead I'm still alive.

Kris my advice about Earth, just don't give it much thought, play through it then play Citadel again and pretend Earth was a horrible nightmare that never happened.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Forgot from Citadel: Shepard's been in the club for three years now. :lol:

Also, re: Kai Leng. "I'm slow because I'm not running!" Hilarious on mine as Leng has only ever been a cut scene threat to Shepard. Blew the elevator out from under him on the Citadel before he even appeared to fight Shepard. Overloaded his shields on Thessia so he was constantly screaming at the gunship to cover him...

I'll bear that in mind with Earth. Still, Liara, Garrus and I have discovered what happens when a Brute gets hit by Warp, an Armor-Piercing Concussive Shot, and Incinerate at once. Have you ever seen a Brute explode in front of you?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I've been streaming my Insanity playthrough so far and divided them into chapters. A few have broken off from their original stream because it cut off and had to sort it out, but managed to get them into separate chapters, anyway. Feel free to have a gander. The first two feature live commentary. Not sure how many I'll do yet, but we'll see how things progress.

Now saying that, I've died six times so far and all of those times were just playing tonight.
Had difficulty closing the shutters for Garrus, the last one was an utter NIGHTMARE. Maybe it was better if I just brought Mordin alongside myself and Miranda, but I didn't want to leave Garrus all on his own.

I said it was going to be a speedrun, but I'm sure it's turning into a completionist run. Ah well, so long as I get my Miranda sammich, I ain't complaining.

Lex

Administrator
Mordin dies really easily on Insanity. You're best with Grunt and Miranda for most of it. Samara's good too.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
For some reason, despite taking the Paragon Charm dialogue every time I spoke to him, and having a full reputation bar...
I wasn't able to convince TIM to shoot himself. So, I took the first Renegade interrupt. Shepard's reaction mirrored my own - "fuck this shit".

Oh, and I decided while I was there what ending to take. Control. Couldn't bring myself to off EDI and the geth along with the Reapers, Synthesis seemed too invasive with no way of gauging the rest of the galaxy's opinion on this, and Refusal seemed too much of a waste in lives considering what it took to get Shepard there.

Wished I could've just hacked the Catalyst and replaced it with the Shepard VI instead, though.

EDIT--
Now to decide whether to drag through my first character again, and find things I missed last time, start a new Shepard of a different background/class/alignment/sex, or to play another game for a while. It's been just about all ME since March/April time.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Mordin dies really easily on Insanity. You're best with Grunt and Miranda for most of it. Samara's good too.
The only reason I'm using Mordin at the moment is because he's the only one that can use Incinerate and I still need to use it 15 more times to get the trophy. The same with Miranda in regards to Warp, but I just like having DAT ASS around. I'll definitely go with Grunt, as I went with Wrex on my ME1 insanity playthrough.

Lex

Administrator
Just to make sure you know this: it has to be the last blow that removes the armor or it doesn't count towards the total. Just FYI :)

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
comic282.png

source

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
So, is anyone thinking of following Dark Horse's ongoing Retribution title? Looking at the synopsis of the first four issues, it seems to so far be a number of one shots (presumably, some common thread will be found in them).

Issue one features
Maya Brooks, known to TIM as Rasa, and the woman she stole the surname from
Issue two features Wrex
Issue three is Ash on Eden Prime before Shep and Kaidan rock up
Issue four is Kaidan at brain camp

Oh, and something I forgot to mention about Citadel DLC: party soft, and you find Cortez and Jack talking about getting fish and chips. :D

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
And there goes Lex sanity. :monster:

tumblr_mny6pnBx9S1snqzclo1_500.jpg

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I need to go to sleep but I can't stop looking at the gif, damn you Joe for doing this to me again.

Top Bottom