Mass Effect Series

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Honestly? Why wouldn't they port the original to PS3 as well? That's a whole lot of shit they're missing out on. Without the first game there isn't really a reason to care about Commander Shepard when he/she dies. There's very little impact compared to what it'd be like if the player had invested tens of hours into the character.

While what you say is true, I tried to play the first and it didn't catch my interest at all. So to be honest I'm actually looking forward to the chance to be able to skip that but still get all the impact of the choices involved. :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It still won't be YOUR Shepard though. Honestly I didn't feel the same way about ME as I did about ME2. When I got around to playing the sequel, I was so glad that I had gone through the first game so that I had already established this character. That way I was continiung THEIR story, not just picking up a game with a runover of their back story.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
The ME LJ community has been speculating for weeks about the leaked screenshot so aslkdfas;f VERY VERY HAPPY ABOUT THIS

Don't worry. I shall beat them to the ground despite losing Zaeed, Legion and miranda ; __ ;

i think you're fucked tbh :c

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Tbh im guessing that if they are showing the reaper invasion of earth it's pretty certain that the entire map created in ME2 will be affected.
If you look at the distance between the omega relay and where earth is located it's pretty certain almost every race will have their hands full.
....oh god krogan rage!! YAS!

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've finished my first playthrough of each game, and am now ready to consider my second game (Insanity lol).

So far, all I've decided is that I'll be using LOKKAKAYNE Shepard (allcaps rly), but while SOMEONE is trying to get me to put him into Sentinel, I'm not so sure, and am considering Engineer instead.

Thoughts on Engineer Insanity run and/or squad mates/bonus power that should be applied?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
But Idris is the Sentinel ;.;

Ed:

Spencer Shep - Soldier (romance Ashley, cheat with Miranda)
Telran Shep - Vanguard (romance Tali)
Lokka Shep - Engineer (romance Jack)
Idris Shep - Sentinel (romance Thane)
Lorelei Shep - Adept (romance Liara, cheat with Garrus)

I forget who my last femshep was, but she was going to romance Kaiden and Jacob. Poor thing. :(

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I still need to play the second one, :monster:. I postponed downloading it 'cause I was thinking about getting a console, but cba.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Well if you played the first one, use the same platform for the second fgj save file transfer :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Pretty sure I got rid of that, but I can't be sure :monster:.

I should probably just get a console and play the two back-to-back.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Was going to add this to the other thread but oh well XD.

Yeah I'll definitely be downloading the PS3 demo when it comes out next week, for comparisons sake. I won't buy the game, I've already made 8 playthroughs on the 360, I'm not gonna keep making them.
It seems the new engine will make the cutscenes look more streamlined and will no doubt aid the transitions between them and standard graphics of the game. This is good sign.

Also in Mass Effect 2 for the PS3:
Liara will be the person to get you at the beginning of the game, before the original Normandy's destruction. This is unaffected by your choice of romance from the first game (decided in this version by a 15-minute interactive comic). This is mainly because Liara is awesome. Also it's because the comic takes place between the Normandy's destruction and the point where you customize Shepard within the Lazarus project.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
As long as the PS3 port has SOME SORT of method for allowing players to makes the choices that were present in ME1, I'm fine. Those gamers should be allowed to make ALL of the decisions and not be ripped off with only an ME2 port.

On that note, no one should dis the first Mass Effect. For all of its flaws, it was an outstanding game. No one should pass it up if they can help it, honestly.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
On that note, no one should dis the first Mass Effect. For all of its flaws, it was an outstanding game. No one should pass it up if they can help it, honestly.

I actually like the gameplay of the first Mass Effect more, :awesomonster:

Although the story and the music omg of the 2nd one gives me goosebumps

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

read: another Unreal Engine derivative :monster:

EDIT: Just curious, what do you mean by 'streamlined'? If memory serves me right quite a lot of the pre-rendered cutscenes were pre-rendered right off the same stuff and look just like in-game cutscenes, except better anti-aliased :awesome:

Last edited:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Never played a Mass Effect game, but I'm looking forward to ME2 for PS3. :D
I enjoyed Biowares' Dragon Age and judging from all the ME signature's I've seen around here it's going to be well worth getting.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Just out of curiosity and since I can't remember shit.
Did the games ever indicate where the turian homeworld was located?
Im planning on going back to ME2 soon and im just trying to figure out the locations of homeworlds for the major races.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
The only homeworld you can visit is Tuchanka though.

(and technically Earth too)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Does the Migrant Fleet count? :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Sort of, given that Rannoch still exists.

Also I'm currently playing through some DLC I put in the back burner until now. Zaeed is cool, Kasumi is awesome, and Overlord starts off a bit typical, but it ends great. I'm currently tackling Shadow Broker, which I hear is fantastic. No spoilers please!

Last edited:
Top Bottom