Mass Effect Series

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Shadow Broker is AMAZING.

Especially if you romanced Liara in the first game. /almost like a minor spoiler thing

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Shadow Broker rocked my fucking socks.

Pity it's overpriced.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The
car chase scene and fighting a spectre
were both pretty awesome.

Also, looks like Bioware was BSing about the ME2 ps3 port being identical.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Shadow Broker:
The car chase scene was awesome. It was simply done, but it looked just freaking fantastic, and added another layer to the whole game probably unintentionally. Also some of the dialogue with Liara was pretty cool.

The fight with the Spectre was one of my favourite boss fights. It also made me want to play Vanguard all that much more.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It's neat to see how badass they are from the other side for once, isn't it?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Indeed. More than anything else I think I just love the way Biotic Charge looks.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Playing ME1 again I just noticed how big of a change Liara went through. I mean, in the first game she was very near just plain socially-inept and a damsel-in-distress (abeit a damsel-in-distress with hella biotics). :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Indeed. Her dialogue if you don't bother with her for a while is hilarious.

YOU'RE NOT REAL

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I read this in the wiki, sadly after I picked her up.

I need to do a playthrough just for that

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I romanced her and what happens in Shadow Broker is like MASSIVE ONE EIGHTY HOLY SHIT

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
HNNNNGH HOLY CRAP

I'm so tempted to get this on PC

AND I ALREADY HAVE IT ON XBOX WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Btw, I'm tempted to say FUCK YOU LOKKAKAYNESHEP and move on to one of the others...namely Loreleishep the uber biotic, or Telranshep the Vanguard. (spencershep the soldier is the veyr last playthrough loooool)

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Mass Effect 2 (PS3) is slated for release on Jan. 18, 2011 in the U.S. and Jan. 21 in Europe.

Never played ME, looking forward to getting ME2 for PS3. :monster:

Any advice for a beginner? :huh:

I picked it up on the steam sale and Im shitting my pants at how good the writing, voice acting, etc. are. They really paid attention to detail on this fuckin thing.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Never played ME, looking forward to getting ME2 for PS3. :monster:

Any advice for a beginner? :huh:

Read the classes carefully. Combat is very different depending which one you take.

Oh yeah, and pick female.
Always pick female.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Yeah, man. I started a male Shepard game the other day and I am really disliking his VA, now more than ever. He's very boring and his voice doesn't just "fit" with every Shepard character model the way that Jennifer Hale's voice does for female Shepard.

She's so fucking badass, man.

Also, Joe's right. Combat is VASTLY different in the classes. Sweet merciful Christ is it ever. Going from Infiltrator to Soldier to Engineer is like whoa.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I've always thought about this, and I personally came to my own opinion that the reason why Femshep is so cool is that whether or not you go paragon or renegade she doesn't come off as the typical stalwart hero of the galaxy like the WASM the man on the game cover is.

Her actions and movements being the product of Bioware laziness seem to be typically male, but Jennifer Hale also turns it into something feminine at the same time. So she still is woman instead of being a total man trapped in a woman's body :monster:

I get the vibe that femshep's popularity was in no way planned. It just happened to be a combination that fit just right.

Although now that I listened to Yahtzee's review of the games I can't shake the fact that yes, indeed, they do seem to have a BioWare Face. >:
It struck me when in LotSB femshep screams "LIARA'S IN THERE" all anguished-like and her face is exactly the same as it was when she was being asked to hack terminals for Liara that domineering bitch

Last edited:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Learn about classes: be female, got it. :monster:

Thinking about it I prefered a female Lone Wanderer in FO3, female Courier in FONV & female Warden in DAO.....

That, er... isn't weird right? :shifty:

Top Bottom