Mass Effect Series

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Learn about classes: be female, got it. :monster:

Thinking about it I prefered a female Lone Wanderer in FO3, female Courier in FONV & female Warden in DAO.....

That, er... isn't weird right? :shifty:
OOH OOH OOH WHAT CLASS DID YOU TAKE IN DAO?

WAS IT ROGUE

I HOPE IT WAS ROGUE

IMMA ROGUE BTW

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Rogue and mage classes are really the only ones worth it in DAO, especially in harder difficulty settings. :monster:

Her actions and movements being the product of Bioware laziness seem to be typically male, but Jennifer Hale also turns it into something feminine at the same time. So she still is woman instead of being a total man trapped in a woman's body

Not just that, Hale brings that character of Shep to life. Shepard is supposed to be this charismatic leader, it's kind of hard to buy that with M!Shep McLinefacevoice. When Jennifer Hale makes a speech, it's like YES MA'AM, I'LL FOLLOW YOU TO THE BLACK GATES OF MORDOR

mirandasass-600x381.jpg

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Beat this game a few days ago with my imported femShep, inc wall of text.

First off: NOOO WHY CAN'T I GO LEZ WITH FANG MIRANDA OR JACK OR BOTH. GODDAMMIT BIOWARE.

Anyways, other than the lack of lesbian options (at least there was Garrus this time :awesome:), fucking loved the game. Illusive Man is one of the most intriguing characters ever, the entire length of the game I felt incredibly uneasy dealing with him. You just can't know if he's trustworthy or not.

My first playthrough I had all characters loyal (I didn't have Zaeed - didn't know you got free DLC with the Steam buy) and everyone survived except Tali D:. I gave the Collector base to Cerberus.

I wanted to have one save where I saved everyone, so I went back to a save right after the crew gets abducted and before you leave for the Collector base. I thought before I left I'd do all the side missions I missed so for the extra xp and squad points going in - only to discover when I finally go to the base that my entire crew except Chakwas has died because I took too long. I was absolutely shocked; this is the only game I've ever played where the villain doesn't patiently wait for you to finish up any quests you've missed. And I had overwrote my save like a retard after I finished all the sidequests, so I couldn't go back and try it again.

So now I've started a totally fresh playthrough (on Insanity wooo - some of the fights are like smashing my face against a wall) where I intend to save everyone and destroy the base. Also have Zaeed and Kasumi this time around.

Oh, and I was feeling sort of guilty because I totally wanted to romance Garrus but was like NO MY FEMSHEP WOULDN'T DO THAT TO KAIDAN until Kaidan was a dick on Horizon and it gave me the perfect excuse. :awesome: And omg Garrus was so adorably awkward. <3

Joker was fucking fantastic in this game. Actually I loved pretty well all the characters (except Liara, who is a little bitch. XD) including the NPCs - especially Captain Bailey because he's voiced by Colonel Tigh from BSG and Colonel Tigh is fucking awesome. Jack and Miranda are my faves, plus they made a wicked combination on my Infiltrator squad.

And I have to say the opening scene where you're running through the Normandy SR1 to save Joker and you step out into open space and it goes completely quiet and still while the ship is burning all around you - one of my favourite scenes from any game.

And now I'm gonna go plan out my character for the RP 8D

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
to be perfectly honest, I don't get why people romance Kaiden in the first place. What's interesting about him? What makes him unique? He's so ho-hum.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
wall of awesome post
There is no part of this post I do not agree with.

In any way.

Also, if you're still playing as an Infiltrator, go for Kasumi's loyalty mission early - probably after you recruit Mordin. You get the game's best SMG during it and it makes a HUGE difference (like, it's stupid accurate at long distances and has shitloads of ammo and an awesome firing rate and basically eliminates the desire to get assault rifle training). 8DDDDDDDDD

As far as Kasumi and Zaeed's combat prowess - Kasumi is rape, in the form of a tiny Japanese girl. Her regular ability, Shadow Strike, is GODLY. And her loyalty tech is also REALLY good, too. Zaeed is more like Grunt, only badass, Australian, and he has powers that work against all three forms of protection (shields, barriers, and armor) AND health. 8D

HNNNNGH I LOVE THIS GAME

Also, if you haven't already gotten it, Lair of the Shadow Broker is possibly the most amazing DLC I've ever played for a game. Ever. (Kasumi's is pretty good, and Zaeed's is lulzy - Overlord, while challenging and INTERESTING, just isn't as good imo).

Aki: WELL THE GAME DOESN'T GIVE YOU ANY OTHER SENTINELS... :awesome:

Also lolbrooke. That's the only reason I'd do it. XD

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
to be perfectly honest, I don't get why people romance Kaiden in the first place. What's interesting about him? What makes him unique? He's so ho-hum.

Because I liked him more that Liara. :monster: I agree, though, he is very bland.

For an achievement. :awesome:

Is there an achieve for romancing Kaidan in particular? I thought you got it no matter who you chose as long as you made it to 4th base.

Also, if you're still playing as an Infiltrator, go for Kasumi's loyalty mission early - probably after you recruit Mordin. You get the game's best SMG during it and it makes a HUGE difference (like, it's stupid accurate at long distances and has shitloads of ammo and an awesome firing rate and basically eliminates the desire to get assault rifle training). 8DDDDDDDDD

I only just bought the Kasumi DLC yesterday and I'm already about halfway through the game, but as soon as I get home I'm gonna do her loyalty mission. Also, fuck assault rifle training - if I wanted assault rifles I would've gone Soldier. Big Fucking Gun aka the M98 Widow sniper rifle is where it's at. :awesome:

As far as Kasumi and Zaeed's combat prowess - Kasumi is rape, in the form of a tiny Japanese girl. Her regular ability, Shadow Strike, is GODLY. And her loyalty tech is also REALLY good, too. Zaeed is more like Grunt, only badass, Australian, and he has powers that work against all three forms of protection (shields, barriers, and armor) AND health. 8D
Just recruited Kasumi late yesterday so haven't had a chance to use her, but I do love Zaeed's versatility.

HNNNNGH I LOVE THIS GAME
I NO RITE

Also, if you haven't already gotten it, Lair of the Shadow Broker is possibly the most amazing DLC I've ever played for a game. Ever. (Kasumi's is pretty good, and Zaeed's is lulzy - Overlord, while challenging and INTERESTING, just isn't as good imo).
I've been considering picking this up - as I've mentioned, I don't really care for Liara, but I've heard nothing but good things about it as a DLC.

Also the Hammerhead (Firewalker?) DLC is fun. WEE HOVERCRAFT. I kinda miss the Mako, though, that thing had the most impossible driving physics of any vehicle ever.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Also:

News updates from Mass Effect 2's Cerberus Network will cease after the service marks its one year anniversary on Jan. 24. Updates will then come only with downloadable content - and one more package is on the way in 2011. Cerberus Network's daily update has added background to the Mass Effect continuity, providing a short one- or two-paragraph item on out-of-game happenings elsewhere in the Mass Effect universe. Oftentimes the updates were humorous analogues to news events taking place in the real world; others took a more serious tone and extended the story told in-game.
Beginning Jan. 24, Cerberus Daily News will go on hiatus - "daily postings will cease except for three weeks in 2011," wrote CDN. "A week of posts will precede a downloadable content release, and two more weeks will lead up to the release of Mass Effect 3."
ME2's last DLC package was The Lair of the Shadow Broker, which released Sept. 7. The PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 arrives Jan. 18 in North America. Mass Effect 3 is slated for a holiday 2011 release, so it sounds like we'll be getting something before then.

sauce

I kinda liked the Cerberus news thing, but oh well. Wonder what the new DLC will entail?

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm hoping material occurring very near before the events of Mass Effect 3? :monster: It would be cool to give players a near-seamless transition between the events of 2 and 3 by giving them events to play leading up to the beginning of the next game, rather than the typical "PREVIOUSLY, ON MASS EFFECT TOO"

EDIT: I wonder if they'll let me recruit any of the DLC characters after I finished the game, :awesome: Right now I don't have any of them recruited and I don't exactly feel like I'm missing out on a whole lot.

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
With Zaeed in particular, there is an extra option avalaible to you on his loyalty mission if you do it after you have done the final story mission.
Shepard can pretty much kill him.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I played the PS3 demo and seriously considered buying an XBox and ME1 for £10 with money I need for other stuff :sadpanda: I still feel cheated without full ME1, or even remade/shortened-but-playable ME1.

Also
during the demo, IIRC when Liara is getting people into escape pods, a body falls right in front of the camera. Is that Jack?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

For some reason I thought she was a ME1 character. My mistake for not having played it :awesome:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
XD

You're not the only one that noticed, though. I always wondered who the hell that is.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I don't remember any other female bald crew members on the original Normandy, and yet that body slumps down every single time I start up a new save. Odd.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
PLAYED LAIR OF THE SHADOW BROKER SO FUCKING GOOD HNNNNGGHH and I actually kinda like Liara now.

I gotta say, I wish there were more benefits for choosing the '3 o'clock' option. A lot of times that's what I want to say but I know I won't get the Paragon/Renegade points if I do so I choose something else.

Maybe they could just have it so it gives you half points towards your default alignment, idk. :/

Anyways, almost done beating the game on insanity with my Infiltrator Paragon Shep, gonna go do a Renegade one as a Vanguard after.

Also was watching some vids on youtube and the maleshep VA is awful compared to femshep's. I don't think I could stand doing a male playthrough.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Also was watching some vids on youtube and the maleshep VA is awful compared to femshep's. I don't think I could stand doing a male playthrough.
I think I'm the only person on the planet who thinks differently to this.
But that's okay, gives me a chance to be elitist and mock you all for 'not getting it' :monster:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Don't actually mind male shep's VA.
Only VA on mass effect that pisses me off is Udina, think that's got to do more with his character re-appearing after getting knocked the fuck out by Anderson though.

Top Bottom