Mass Effect Series

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I got it Friday morning, current playing time: 24 hours. :wacky:

Playing as a female infiltrator. :monster:

Just screwed up Miranda's loyalty mission by doing Jack's first, the two of them were arguing in her office and to gain M's loyalty I need more Paragon points to get the right speak option. At least I know for next time. Do Miranda’s person mission first, then Jack’s.

Not a fan of the “scan planets for resources” system, that got old after the second planet. Plus being completely psychotic with a touch of OSD I of course HAVE to scan every planet in a system until it reads ‘depleted’.
Got 100,000 Zero Element & about 625,000 of the other 3 resources, is that enough to last me the rest of the game? :huh:

So you are that other half of me that I have been looking for

PUT YOUR FIST RIGHT HERE SO I CAN BROFIST YOU ->

This is all pretty much what happened to me on my first playthrough EXACTLY THE SAME ;-;

You need to have enough paragon to fill pretty much the entire bar (there are a few paragon glitches here and there in the game you can exploit, so have fun with that :monster:) to convince Miri and Jack to stfu, and to a lesser extent Legion and Tali. I filled mine to about less than half a bar away from full, I spent about half an hour abusing Samara's loyalty mission =/

I sure hope they reward us in ME3 for collecting >700k resources each ;-;

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
*BROFIST*

I sure hope they reward us in ME3 for collecting >700k resources each ;-;

Doubt it. :monster:
It is easily the worst feature in the game, I'd imagine they will change/get rid of it in ME3.

I'm trying for Paragon but I keep getting Renegade points and I don’t know why. The conversations options aren’t always obvious, after I talked to Kelly on the Normandy I suddenly got +2 Renegade points, wut?

Edit Also my fish died. Why?! :(

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
If there's a bottom right option on the conversation wheel, that's the Renegade option. If you select it, you'll usually get +2 Renegade points.

And you have to feed your fish regularly. Mine died too, so I said fuck it and just stuck with buying a space hamster and every model ship I could find. :awesome:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Most of the time, the paragon options will be on the top-most tier of the dialogue tree, with renegade on the bottom. Hope that helps. :monster:

EDIT: Well shucks, Kat got there first.>.<

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i actually waited to buy fish until kelly offered to feed mine and then i was leik 'OH YEEEEEAH

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
Most of the time, the paragon options will be on the top-most tier of the dialogue tree, with renegade on the bottom. Hope that helps. :monster:

Would have be handy to know 45 hours ago, why didn't the game tell me this? >.<
Well I just watched Kelly die, methinks I shall have to delete this save file and start again.
First the fish, now Kelly. :sadpanda:
How much game is there after you board the collectors base and rescue/watch the crew die? :huh:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Well...it's more "how much game did you play between the Collector's climbin' in yo window and snatchin' yo people up and going to the Omega 4 Relay".

Once they board your shit and take everyone, you either immediately go, or half the crew dies.

This means that after getting Legion, the ONLY useful mission you can take on is his loyalty mission, so that he doesn't die during the Omega 4 jump. ;.;

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
This means that after getting Legion, the ONLY useful mission you can take on is his loyalty mission, so that he doesn't die during the Omega 4 jump. ;.;

I did Legion's mission, then visited the shadow broker for supplies then hit the Omega relay. That's it, Legion's ONE mission then a stop for supplies.

Bollocks. :shifty:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Yeah, leaving the ship for anything counts.

So unless you have an earlier save...shit, man. >:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Mate.

The best thing about this game was my first playthrough. Because I had no idea of the things that could happen. It made you feel bad because of some of the mistakes you could make, but it was also a lot more natural.

Save your perfect playthroughs for your subsequent new saves. The first one should be done blind. No guides. No people telling you what you should or shouldn't do. Room for mistakes. It's what makes the game so interesting.

I agree. I wish I hadn't deleted my first save but at the same time I did screw up a lot and wasn't planning on bringing that one into ME3.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I have about eight saves now XD.

My current one is the main one I plan to use as my 'True' playthrough for the entire series.

I will be carrying on my original however, to find out how my very first Mshep turned out. /sadnostalgia.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
My first playthrough I did ALMOST blind. I was looking at this online guide, but I was only looking at the powers part, to see what kind of powers your squaddies have, and from there I decided that I wanted to recruit Morinth.

Everything else was a surprise to me.

On the other hand, my first playthrough IS my *true* run, in a manner of speaking. My Destrillian character runs will be awesome, but in more of a "how will this affect the outcomes" way. Some outcomes, I don't even like to think about - like Wrex being dead, which will probably happen in 3 of my planned six games (Renegade mSoldier, Paragon fSentinel, and possibly Renegade fAdept).

But it makes me wonder...what if there's a payoff for there being a dead Wrexo friendo in ME3...?

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
I've completed it. :D

Mate.

The best thing about this game was my first playthrough. Because I had no idea of the things that could happen. It made you feel bad because of some of the mistakes you could make, but it was also a lot more natural.

Save your perfect playthroughs for your subsequent new saves. The first one should be done blind. No guides. No people telling you what you should or shouldn't do. Room for mistakes. It's what makes the game so interesting.

Concur with this. Kinda glad I screwed up now; think of it as the bad ending, now I can work for the good one. :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It's how it should be. Everyone should have one real playthrough. Fuck ups should come in the plenty, because they are done well. All that extra dialogue ain't there for no reason you know? :monster:

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Kelly's death was the most horrible thing in the game ;-; I only ever have it youtubed though :monster:

I knew something would be off when they were going on about "A BLUH BLUH DELAYING IS BAD FOR YOUR CREW BLUH BLUH BLUH".

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
Kelly's death was the most horrible thing in the game ;-; I only ever have it youtubed though.

She screams as she's melted alive, suddenly I was playing Silent Hill. But it did give weight to the colonists disappearing, knowing their ultimate horrifying fate.

Started again, female soldier this time, I miss having the incinerate ability & I feel the shotgun is useless, at least early in the game before any upgrades. The Sniper rifle is my favourite weapon. :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
elodia could do it

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Look into his eyes

those big wet puppy insectoid eyes

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
<3

jZ460.jpg

Top Bottom