Mass Effect Series

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I think I'm the only person on the planet who thinks differently to this.
But that's okay, gives me a chance to be elitist and mock you all for 'not getting it' :monster:
'Hi I'm maleShep and I sound like a little white boy who just pissed his pants but this is my favorite post on the Citadel'

Maybe it's not so much that maleShep is bad but that femShep is fucking awesome so after hearing her say the line and then him say the line... not sure if any male could do it better tbh.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Maybe it's not so much that maleShep is bad but that femShep is fucking awesome so after hearing her say the line and then him say the line... not sure if any male could do it better tbh.
I agree with the sexier version of myself :awesome:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
PLAYED LAIR OF THE SHADOW BROKER SO FUCKING GOOD HNNNNGGHH and I actually kinda like Liara now.

Plus you get to grab her ass into melding :awesome:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
ME2 is out for PS3 here in Europe on Friday, that's my next weekend planned.

[/no social life] :wacky:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana

Gonna need more than a weekend if you want the most out of it :salute:

Well actually if you want the most out of it you should buy an Xbox, play the first one and then play this one. Only then will you truly understand. But either way, enjoy.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer

You should play the first one to get the most out of it.

OH WAIT LOL

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
First one bored me...I'm thankful for the opportunity to skip it.
First one bored me on my first playthrough two years ago. I bought it again last week and have been playing everyday. You only get as much out of it as you put in.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
First one bored me...I'm thankful for the opportunity to skip it.

diaf.jpg

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I've not played an Engineer, but maybe Kimble can comment there.
I really enjoyed playing the Infiltrator. It's certainly more interesting than Sentinel or Soldier in my opinion.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I love biotic charge, it's amazing. Unfortunately I haven't learnt how to properly use it.

My true class is an Adept anyway. One day I'm going to have a playthrough as an adept or sentinel where I go through without firing a shot. :3

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I'm not a HUGE Engineer fan; it gives you Overload and Incinerate, which is awesome, but Cryo Blast and Combat Drone aren't NEARLY as useful as Tactical Cloak on its own, so it's not a better trade, especially when the Infiltrator gets Cryo and Disruptor Ammo.

Infiltrator is possibly the best class in the game, imo, or at least of the three classes I've played (Soldier, Engineer, and Inf). I played Vanguard a bit on my very very first playthrough, but I had no idea what I was doing, so I don't really count that one. =/

TheHammerOf...JUSTICE

Pro Adventurer
Vanguard is the best class provided you know what your doing: Max heavy charge then your passive and rely on squaddies for ammo powers early game till your own ammo powers are good. Zaeed is good throughout the game with squad disruptor and jack can be super useful in the second half if you don't wanna take squad warp ammo as your bonus. Her crowd control is excellent as well and great for finishing enemies off. Don't overlook jacob's early game pull and squad incendiary ammo either. I like grunt but I prefer pull to concussive shot because of the quicker recharge times, damage bonus, pulls enemies out of cover and/or over ledges to their doom, and biotic detonations so I rarely use him.

I find sentinel to be ridiculously easy on insanity. I immediately maxed assault armor. Only started the class a few days ago but after my first playthrough on insanity as an engineer I just feel like sentinel breaks the game to easily for me. I had alot of fun as an engineer once I started to get really good at the game and the challenge kept me interested the whole time.

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Imo:

Sentinel definitly offers the best survivability of the six classes, with Tech Armor granting a massive defense boost and upgrade to your power recharge times. This was my first playthroughs that I carried over from ME1. It's also the class that has both Tech and Biotic abilities, giving it the most balance.

The Vanguard was my next playthrough. I never fully learnt how to use it but Biotic Charge is easily my favourite unique ability. The biotics are always useful and if you learn how to use charge, it's a very fun class to play.

Adept came after. Adept is my favourite class, mainly because i'm a biotic nut. Currently running an Adept run right now and enjoying it as usual. The adept loses effectiveness at higher difficulty levels, due to being useful mainly against unshielded/unarmoured enemies. However it's easily made up for by some of the weapons, such as the locust smg. It's a fun class to play and as a friend said while he watched me play 'You can literally play god with the undefended enemies.'.

And those are my 3 main classes.

I've only ever played as an infiltrator. Just can't get enough of going invisible. Guess that's why I like being the chick from Borderlands too. :awesome:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
And on a lesser note, in Mass Effect 1, Infiltrator is really the only way to go, because barring full-on biotics the Infiltrator class does pretty much anything you will ever need :monster:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I got it Friday morning, current playing time: 24 hours. :wacky:

Playing as a female infiltrator. :monster:

Just screwed up Miranda's loyalty mission by doing Jack's first, the two of them were arguing in her office and to gain M's loyalty I need more Paragon points to get the right speak option. At least I know for next time. Do Miranda’s person mission first, then Jack’s.

Not a fan of the “scan planets for resources” system, that got old after the second planet. Plus being completely psychotic with a touch of OSD I of course HAVE to scan every planet in a system until it reads ‘depleted’.
Got 100,000 Zero Element & about 625,000 of the other 3 resources, is that enough to last me the rest of the game? :huh:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm almost certain it is :huh: STOP YOUR OCD STOP IT.

How're you enjoying it so far?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
It's MORE than enough for every upgrade in the game. XD

ALSO

It doesn't matter what order you do the loyalty missions in - the two big arguments require you to have either very high Renegade or very high Paragon scores, period.

Minor spoiler: There is a second one of those moments with Tali and Legion.
Second minor spoiler: You can get Miranda's loyalty back, but iirc it requires a very high Para/Gade score, too.

Female Infiltrator, huh? JOIN THE CREW >:3

Top Bottom