Mass Effect Series

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Hey if Mordin can cure the Genophage I don't see why he can't save the best character in ME2 (excepttaliofcourse)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I hope that is the limit of said 'friction'.

awkward-turtle-conch.jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I can just imagine the two of you with ME2 figurines smushing them together and going "ooo I hate you so much but I can't take this anymore" in high pitched voices

:awesome:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
I REALLY need to play through this game again with all of the DLC now that I have it. D:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Subset of Krogan sexual-deviants enjoy Salarian flexibility. More cartilage in skeletal structure.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So I finally got to start it last night. There are some heavy decisions in that backstory comic, tell you what :monster: I also must have gotten farther in the first game than I thought, because I remembered a good chunk of it. I don't really remember what male Shepard actually sounds like, but you're right that the girl's voice actor does a great job. Especially in the narration of the backstory.

Only played for about 3 hours, enjoying it so far. I will say though, sometimes the choice on the wheel doesn't really convey how it actually comes off when she says it. Sometimes its meaner or nicer than it seems. Then there's the "I want know more about you" choice to the guy, which simply sparked a conversation with Miranda, but Shepard said it far more suggestively than I expected.

Not a huge complaint or anything, but maybe it would be nice if the choices explained the tone with which it will be spoken like those big monotone aliens. (Sorry, I'll get the names down)

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Then there's the "I want know more about you" choice to the guy, which simply sparked a conversation with Miranda, but Shepard said it far more suggestively than I expected.

I cringed every time I talked to Jacob, because I didn't want to romance him - just talk to him - and it's always the same, extremely suggestive line.

And that reminds me to try and find a video of the intro comic online.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Yeah. Even on my paragon playthrough I would make the renegade conversation options with Jacob. Purely because I HATED the suggestive way in which Shepard talks to him, and wanted to keep him at several arm's lengths away at all times.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I cringed every time I talked to Jacob, because I didn't want to romance him - just talk to him - and it's always the same, extremely suggestive line.

And that reminds me to try and find a video of the intro comic online.

That's because Jacob is chocolate Kaidan.

EVERYTHING is a come on with him.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Are you using Incendiary Rounds?
Because it just got hot in here.

images

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
So I finally got to start it last night. There are some heavy decisions in that backstory comic, tell you what :monster:

Would have been nice to use the backstory comic, it's only available if your PS3 is connected to the internet, my isn't. It's a frickin Blu-ray disc, Bioware could have/should have put it on the damn disc; it would fit. But no. Un-connected peasants get to suck Biowares cock. No backstory for me.

So without the comic; someone named Ashley is dead (is that bad?), I (Shepard) apparently let the Citadel council die but I defeated 'Sovereign' (what's that?) & humans are in charge now. Pieced together the jist of things via the codex but... :(

Great game, but it would have been alot better if I had played the first one/had the interactive comic.

I want a gaming PC even more now. :sadpanda:

I've now completed the game twice: I only just noticed that the Illusive Man is Martin Sheen, Joker is Seth Green & that chick who says "I am Omega" is Carrie Ann Moss. More details here

Edit
Also I found this:
barackobama-masseffect2.jpg

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Obama Shepard is old news.

That comic is a terrible substitute for playing the first game btw.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The comic I can see would be a lot better than not playing the first game, but it is no way a substitute.

Mass Effect is ultimately a story-driven series of games. It's no different to a series of books. You don't start half way through, you just don't. It is unfortunate that Bioware aren't releasing the first game for PS3, because ultimately PS3 fanboys are no doubt going to be squeeling 'EEECK. ME2 IS SHIT, OVERRATED ETC. BLAH BLAH BLAH.' because they can't actually experience the full game.

I've never identified the two as separate games. Simply Bioware made the two-year timeskip between story arcs a reality by releasing the chapters at different times.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I did find it kind of odd that I had to download the comic first, what was the point of that? Really weird decision. (And Sovereign was a Reaper)

And once again, I'll take the comic because even if they ported the first game I would never have finished it. But not porting it isn't really Bioware's choice, it's because Microsoft published it, so they're never gonna let it come out on Sony's console.

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Aye. It's such a real shame to be honest. PS3 users will appreciate 3 more because you'll be able to get a glimpse of what Xbox360 and PC users experienced when it came to the port from 1 to 2, but at the same time they will still be missing out on the full experience which undoubtedly will be mind-blowing.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I did find it kind of odd that I had to download the comic first, what was the point of that? Really weird decision. (And Sovereign was a Reaper)

And once again, I'll take the comic because even if they ported the first game I would never have finished it. But not porting it isn't really Bioware's choice, it's because Microsoft published it, so they're never gonna let it come out on Sony's console.

I hate people who jump into game series midway without playing through the originals. Especially a series like ME.

It's so half assed.

Top Bottom