Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
may2011cover1280.jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
"Hi, I'm Commander Shepard and URGHHH THIS STOOL IS TAKING SO LONG TO PASS THROUGH"

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
"Hi, I'm Commander Shepard. Shut up before I hit you with this brick pistol."

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
"Hi, I'm Commander Shepard and no matter what background you put behind me, I still sound like a pissy little white boy."

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Here we go, from gamefaqs board:

Quote:
Got my new Game Informer, read the ME3 article. Game starts with Shepard on Earth, effectively on trial in regard to the events of Arrival, and in the middle of the trial, the Reapers invade. Prologue involves Shepard's escape to the Normandy, and off to start finding those allies, fighting Reaper troops (husks of all the different species) the whole way.

Confirmed squadmates: Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus (if he's alive) and... James Sanders... That must be the guy from the trailer, I don't remember.

Speaking of which, there's a screenshot of Ashley with her hair down, and she actually looks hot. Don't have a scanner, so wait till someone with one turns up.

Confirmed to appear, but not guaranteed as squaddies: Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson. Obviously, if they live.

The game will by default feature a "previously on Mass Effect" comic to make decisions with if starting from scratch.

The Illusive Man also plays a prominent role, and Cerberus is out to kill Shepard. Reason why is unknown at this point.

The RPG elements are being beefed up, not going back to ME1, but giving more freedom with the character skills. Skill trees will be larger, and powers will evolve several times instead of just once, offering even more freedom. Weapons are ME2 style, with a set list, but mods make a return, not in the ME1 style, but allowing you to swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes, and so on, which effect both the weapon's combat performance and its appearance.

All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now, but will have limited slots to carry them. Only the Soldier can carry all weapons at once. Probably means Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will be limited to two, and Vanguard and Infiltrator will have three.

Also mentioned: The game will have numerous endings, some good, some bad, and who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit can have a drastic effect on which are available.

That's basically the gist of it, except for the sidebars filled with stuff everyone already knows.
Quote:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention one thing: Confirmed NO MULTIPLAYER. They're talking about future games and/or spinoffs having it, but not this time.

Snapshot_20110407_1.jpg

SHIT

JUST

GOT

REAL

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Everything in that post makes me pretty happy (esp. the return of some ME1 RPG elements, customizing guns and old ME1 squadmates, etc.) Starting with Earth, while not incredibly as epic as it should feel, is I think a justified choice to make with the story.

Also if Anderson becomes a squad member I will mind-cum all over my keyboard

Also imo Ashley looks hotter in that picture than anything of Miranda in-game

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
If those boobs had implants I would take back everything I ever said about breast implants

Everything

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Ashley was pretty small in ME1&2

Maybe the armor was squishing her breasts pretty uncomfortably.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Ashley was pretty small in ME1&2

Maybe the armor was squishing her breasts pretty uncomfortably.

It isn't unreasonable for stuff like armour to do that. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
also no thanks? FUCK YOU GUYS

/aaron

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I'm too busy cumming in my subconscious to notice the thanks button

I'll thank it when I get back from work tonight

Also them doing that to Ashley may or may not be due to the backlash from her recycled model from ME1 appearing in ME2 so they had to crank it up to 11 and make her the fuckin' hottest thing in ME3 besides Shepard :awesome:

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
I hope they don't give Ashley and Kaidan the same dialogue again. They're not even near similar characters for that to work.

Also, Earth fapfapfap. You know, I always find it ironic when you get this amazing space opera and visit a whole bunch of new worlds, but in the end what I'm really excited it about is going to Earth again.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm too busy cumming in my subconscious to notice the thanks button

I'll thank it when I get back from work tonight

Also them doing that to Ashley may or may not be due to the backlash from her recycled model from ME1 appearing in ME2 so they had to crank it up to 11 and make her the fuckin' hottest thing in ME3 besides Shepard :awesome:

Yeah but, ME3 takes place right after Arrival. It's kind of bizarre for her to have such a huge sudden change in appearance, no?

Splintered

unsavory tart
Dragon Age 2 shows they don't care about consistency in design.

Which I don't mind too much. I love it when games show a greater initiative in better art design and thinking about how things look in a game. Maybe that's shallow of me but w/e.

Although Ashley not in armor is kinda... strange. It's like they squashed Miranda and her together Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Dragon Age 2 shows they don't care about consistency in design.

Which I don't mind too much. I love it when games show a greater initiative in better art design and thinking about how things look in a game. Maybe that's shallow of me but w/e.

Dragon Age 2 has excuses to work off of. ME3 doesn't.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
If they can rebuild Shephard from a burnt up space husk and make him into the bionic man who is to say that Ashley can't have nukes implanted in her chest?

If she is a confirmed character im going to have to rethink my romance options for my new saves. Do I romance Ashley in ME1 again then stay faithful in the second game only to return and fill her with the million dollar man's seed? Or do I piss off the space racist and do Tali like all people should!

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm reasonably happy about all that news there. Especially the bit about Liara being a squaddy again.

I actually never minded Kaiden that much. If they changed the look of Ashley, maybe they changed his shovel-slapped face. His voice was fine to begin with.

THANK FUCK FOR NO MULTIPLAYER. Everyone breathe a sigh of relief.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Multiplayer would basically be Gears except with a different variety of guns and and biotic powers and a shitload of balance issues

It's like they squashed Miranda and her together

glorious mental image is glorious
Also this ME3 Ashley >>> Miranda like I said before

Top Bottom