Mass Effect Series

I'm actually happy about this.

With my moving out and whatnot I wasn't sure if I'd have enough money for the game at the time it was suppose to come out. Cause I'm obviously getting whatever special edition they come up with no matter how many monies.

This push back means I'll be able to save up christmas money from gifts or just extra work for beginning of the year.

But ya, I know it sucks for everyone else. :(

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well with the absurd amount of games coming out this winter it COULD be a blessing just in that I could actually play all of them...but for some reason that doesn't make it any less disappointing.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I enjoy that the reason for the delay is so that EA can 'tweak' the game in order to 'broaden its appeal'.

In all seriousness, I can't wait to see how the increased involvement of that amorphous mass of indignity will effect the game's future trailers. Given EA's track record with marketing I'm half expecting to see Liara whipping her tits out and Wrex raping a human corpse.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
It was a particularly stunning move on EA's part, especially given the controversy surrounding selling M rated games to minors. You have to ask yourself what kind of fucking moron thought it was a good idea to launch an ad campaign that openly and explicitly advertised such a game to minors.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Absolutely, that alone almost made it amusing. Almost. As you said, what kind of 2-bit advertising agency would have even suggested it, much less EA accepting it.

It's too bad Bioware has to even associate with them. Though I suppose it could be Activision.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109781-EA-Tweaking-Mass-Effect-3-to-Appeal-to-Wider-Market

I've lost alot of interest in ME3 after reading this.

Speaking during a conference call for investors, EA CEO John Riccitiello said that BioWare was taking apart various elements of the Mass Effect experience and adjusting them to give the game a more broad market appeal. This effort, he said, would put the game in a genre that was "equivalent to shooter-meets-RPG."
Here are some of the comments on the story:

Anytime someone working on the game says "shooter-meets-RPG", read it as: 'a shooter with dialog options'.
I'm all for change, really, but I seriously hope that it doesn't mean they're trying to Call of Duty-ize the game to get others to buy it.
Can anybody give me an example of when "tweaking to appeal to a wider market" did not mean "dumbing down"?
They are busy "Dragon Age 2-fying" it.
It's hard not to see this as a bad thing. :(

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I've lost alot of interest in ME3 after reading this.

>_> I wouldn't go that for. EA's additional involvement can't mean anything promising will be added to the game, but till we actually find out what they're tinkering with I'm going to err away from this kind of reactionary response. This is still the only game on the horizon I am legitimately excited as all hell for.
They are busy "Dragon Age 2-fying" it.
Also, is this meant to be criticism? Idgi.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
DA2 was kind of meh. Not bad, but not good.

Lets be fair and say that opinions on DA2 are mixed, and that's the problem. Opinions on Mass Effect aren't mixed, mostly everyone loves ME. So why risk screwing it up by 'broadening it's appeal' when you already have a huge fanbase?

And when I said I lost interest, I mean I won't be getting it on release day (and paying full price for it). I'll wait for the reviews, buy it later and cheaper if Bioware do 'Dragon Age 2-ify' it.

Last edited:
http://biowarestore.com/accessories/ssv-normandy-ship-replica

227619_10150170919366645_85811091644_6943618_1608404_n.jpg

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
That is damn cheap for a decent replica. When I have money I am totally buying this.

That is damn cheap for a decent replica. When I have money I am totally buying this.

Just remember to look at the date of Mid-November and remember that my Thane figure that was listed as 'Jan 2011' for the shipping is now JUST being announced as finally ready to ship. :P

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
>da2 gets developed, people complain it's too mass effect'd
>me3 gets developed, people complain it's too dragon age'd

the fuck?

anyway if it's being delayed, as annoying as that is, at least it means it wouldn't be the rush job DA2 was.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
>da2 gets developed, people complain it's too mass effect'd
>me3 gets developed, people complain it's too dragon age'd
Extremely vocal minority, like a busy city's red light district. Only much more unpleasable.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
It's "cheap" because it's fairly small. If it were bigger (say, a foot or so), it'd be well over a hundred. >:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
50% off Digital Deluxe Edition on Steam today

Bonus content almost makes me want to get it

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
it comes with a buttload of DLC and the sort of shit you'd get on a 'bonus DVD' or something, all for 20 dollars

I mean shit when I bought Mass Effect 2, I'd walked out of the house 10 minutes after finishing the first game for the very first time, spent 15 minutes walking to the nearest game store and spent $48 on the base game that was already a year old

Score 1 for patience huh

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
it comes with a buttload of DLC and the sort of shit you'd get on a 'bonus DVD' or something, all for 20 dollars

I mean shit when I bought Mass Effect 2, I'd walked out of the house 10 minutes after finishing the first game for the very first time, spent 15 minutes walking to the nearest game store and spent $48 on the base game that was already a year old

Score 1 for patience huh
i know, i have it

i mostly got it for the ost and the artbook though :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Extremely vocal minority, like a busy city's red light district. Only much more unpleasable.

It's not a minority at all unfortunately. The Bioware boards, and many of the big game boards are rife with whining from like 60% of the memberbase about how terrible DA2 is. for every 3 guys who like the game there's like 8 who bitch and moan about how terrible it is.

It makes me wonder how many of them actually PLAYED the game. Especially the ones that claim to be PC gamers, since the pc version is almost exactly the same as the first in terms of gameplay.

We're probably the most mellow gaming board there is though. We don't get as extreme in our opinions about games as those nerds do.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Also perhaps boards dedicated to something are harsher on that something? We're pretty rough on Square, after all. And I'm kinda surprised on the rare occasion I go somewhere else on the internet and see that SE isn't taking nearly the same amount of abuse. (Apart from the FF haters that have always existed)

Top Bottom