Mass Effect Series

HE IS OLD (although ACCORDING TO ME UNIVERSE SCIENCE HUMANS LIVE FOR 165 YEARS ON AVERAGE AND ANDERSON IS ONLY LIKE 40-SOMETHING)

THEREFORE HE CAN GTFO OR BRING SHEP HIS MEALS AND CHANGE HIS NAME TO ALFRED

I THOUGHT YOU READ THE BOOKS

THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR NOT REALIZING THE AWESOME

And the last book and all that badassery was just from recent.

I really hope SHE'S in the game (for book people).

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I DID read all the books. He seems too Gary Sue to me in them. I'd much rather hear about Kahlee or Gilliant =/

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Also, Ray Muzuka was questioned about multiplayer but he only offered a coy smile as response.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

shows off new environments and different melee attacks

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No one probably cares about this, but since we talk so much about how differently we (the west) view and enjoy games compared to Japan, and the types of western games the Japanese have no time for, I'm kinda fascinated by how they feel about some of the more successful of ours.
Such as when we talk about dubbing vs original w/ subtitles, I thought it was interesting that the Japanese (according to some poll) are just as split on the issue as Americans (as I think Americans were all that were polled) are.

Anyway, Famitsu just reviewed Mass Effect 2.

Mass Effect 2 (PS3) (10/9/8/8, 35 points): The highest-scoring RPG of the week, and one that everyone liked a lot despite their qualms. "The peculiar characters, difficult-to-grasp gameplay and extensive jargon make this game not accessible for everyone," one writer said, "but the movie-like presentation is still amazing, and you're given a large number of choices during conversations. The wide range of DLC, from missions and equipment to digital comics, is also a plus."

The story and sheer number of events certainly live up to the vast space setting," said another. "It's a shame there are fewer weapons than in the previous game. Also, searching planets for resources can get pretty boring."

I wonder how their male and female Shepards compare :P I'm not sure what exactly is difficult to grasp about the gameplay, but I dunno, I thought maybe someone would be interested.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
difficult-to-grasp gameplay and extensive jargon
you_are_an_idiot.gif

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Also,

peculiar characters

I... honestly don't even
Really, Famitsu?

They have a point in weapons and resources though. Shame it's been covered before. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
With Bioware having recently changed their position on MP, rumors abound.

Eurogamer said:
Four-player co-op for Mass Effect 3?
by Wesley Yin-Poole
16/06/2011 @ 14:07

Mass Effect 3 is strongly rumoured to feature a four-player co-op mode.

Eurogamer understands this four-player, online-enabled co-op mode is "standalone" and features "competitive elements".

The co-op component is said to not compromise the single-player portion of the game.

Current reports suggest Mass Effect 3's multiplayer is a Horde-style mode, which challenges players to shoot-to-kill waves of enemies.

A separate source has told Eurogamer that BioWare Montreal was creating a multiplayer Mass Effect experience, either as a standalone game or component of Mass Effect 3.

Is this still the case?

At E3 last week Eurogamer asked BioWare if Mass Effect 3 has four-player co-op.

"We haven't talked at all about multiplayer in the Mass Effect franchise, but we're exploring multiplayer in all of our games and all of our franchises," BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka told Eurogamer.

"It's always an idea we're interested in.

"The short answer is we have no comment on that. But we're interested in the idea of multiplayer."

Last month EA announced that Mass Effect 3 was delayed to early 2012.

"The development team is laser focused on making sure Mass Effect 3 is the biggest, boldest and best game in the series, ensuring that it exceeds everyone's expectations," said executive producer Casey Hudson at the time.

CVG said:
Eurogamer reports that the much-rumoured multiplayer feature will include "competitive elements" and "will not compromise" the single-player portion of the game.

A reliable development source has since informed CVG that the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer feature will be built around "original missions made for online", which will be totally unique from the solo campaign.

Our mole added there would "only be a handful" of co-op missions which have been created with the intention of being "played and played again".

Reports have suggested that the online offering will come in the form of a Horde-style mode, but our source was quick to play down the notion.

ME Horde would be fun. My only hope for it is that they'd have at least 2-player splitscreen if not 4 if they do go through with it.

I'm getting sick of games that seem to expect my boyfriend and I to have two TVs, two consoles and two copies of the games.

Being someone who played games with her boyfriend on a regular basis it really pisses me off. Borderlands was a gem and then they messed it up by not allowing splitscreen AND online coop at the same time. So game was awesome for us, but there were a couple things we wanted to do online with friends and couldn't.

Left 4 Dead not having 4 player split is just retarded considering the gameplay. Portal 2 was fantastic. Hell, I want to play Hunted even if everything says it's shit just because they have splitscreen.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/blogs/female-shepard-will-finally-be

The Mass Effect series has always given users options from the very beginning, that included selecting their character which also gave the option of selecting a gender. The majority of players who played the ME series chose the sharp suited male Commander Shepard; for some reason, Bioware didn't understand the reasoning to this. It is very simple. Fans of the Mass Effect series, when have you ever seen female Shepard grace the cover of a Mass Effect game? Never. The female form of Shepard doesn't even have an outstanding default render unlike her male counterpart.

With that said, the Collector's Edition of Mass Effect 3 will feature both female and male Shepard. According to David Silverman over at Bioware, female Shepard will also receive an exclusive trailer as Bioware has just discussed at an in-house meeting.

I recommend all Mass Effect 2 players to immediately go play as female Shepard to experience the phenomenal voice acting by Jennifer Hale, it really adds another dynamic to the perspective of the Mass Effect series.

FUCK.

YES.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I have no record of this. Only me telling you about the femshep trailer before e3

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
It'd be nice if they sort of touched up the default femshep model, as in all fairness she isn't the most attractive of all presets

also highly relevant

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Alex can back me up on this, I literally just had a mental meltdown (say that three times fast) when coming to the realisation that Liara T'Soni and Lightning SHARE THE SAME VOICE ACTRESS. WTF. THERE IS NO RANGE TO THIS LADY, JUST PLOTS SCATTERED ABOUT ON A GRAPH.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Alex can back me up on this, I literally just had a mental meltdown (say that three times fast) when coming to the realisation that Liara T'Soni and Lightning SHARE THE SAME VOICE ACTRESS. WTF. THERE IS NO RANGE TO THIS LADY, JUST PLOTS SCATTERED ABOUT ON A GRAPH.

I had this exact same meltdown in IRC a few days back when we were discussing VAs. GAWD WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME HILLIS.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
tbh that irc conversation was the reason I found that video =P

I knew the name was familiar when I asked yac for the name of Lightning's voice actor, but I couldn't put a finger on it

Top Bottom