Mass Effect Series

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
btw facecode for karashep (who is basically me ha ha wow)
541.MJI.L7F.F7P.G6I.1BI.BIG.A89.BF4.E95.C46.214

I'm going to play some before work. Some ME2 that is. Still have the end of shadow broker and arrival to complete for my 'perfect' playthrough. Still sucks not having Zaeed's loyalty but hopefully that won't be a major issue of loyalty vs he survived at least.

Anyone else find the Aria mission getting the mercenary groups working together really frustrating? Especially when it told you to talk to his assistant, when you were actually supposed to talk to him directly, THEN his assistant? Ugh, and I hate how the mission data doesnt update past the opening info. Isn't helpful at all.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Minor complaints:
-miss the ability to board the Normandy directly from terminals, as opposed to having to travel to docking area and get on from there
-loading screens for Citadel. YOU KNOW WHAT I AM REFERRING TO
-^what was just said in that post
-
the mission Benning: Evidence that you get on Citadel. HOW THE FUCK DO I COMPLETE THIS I MEAN I KNOW HIS SON IS DEAD HIS SQUAD IS JUST INSIDE PURGATORY GOING ON ABOUT HOW HE SACRIFICED HIMSELF AND HOW BRUTALLY CERBERUS KILLED HIM AUGH
-
that Liara has been so distant almost all game ;_; the times where we're having actual conversations about 'us' are good, but other than that she is not at all indicating that she is going to reward me for destroying the Reapers with a thousand years of sex. Or...nine hundred ninety one, I guess.

on the upside, pretty much everything EDI says and does, especially when it is with or about Joker, is absolute gold

okay so that mission regarding the rachni I was like OH MY GOD I GOT GRUNT KILLED I'M A MONSTER - even though I don't even like Grunt, because he's a good military asset - and then that stupid bastard shows up as we're leaving :'

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
-
the mission Benning: Evidence that you get on Citadel. HOW THE FUCK DO I COMPLETE THIS I MEAN I KNOW HIS SON IS DEAD HIS SQUAD IS JUST INSIDE PURGATORY GOING ON ABOUT HOW HE SACRIFICED HIMSELF AND HOW BRUTALLY CERBERUS KILLED HIM AUGH
dammit you have to buy that information on citadel from specreq 8[

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Damn you Americans and your early release date! :@

Got to wait until Friday here in the UK. :(

Lex

Administrator
I know I said I'd stay away from this thread but I just can't do it until the game is in my PS3. I trust you all to put spoiler tags where appropriate, as I see everyone has been considerately doing ^_^

Amazon e-mailed saying my N7 CE was dispatched today so fingers crossed for an early delivery tomorrow! They usually deliver a day early but knowing my luck I'll have to spend most of tomorrow rocking back and forward till Friday.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Close

If Garrus and Tali are both unromanced and both survive to endgame, they hook up - and Shepard walks in on them making out!

Disclaimer, this is second-hand and I'll look really stupid if it isn't true, but the source has been extremely credible so far.

btw this is absolutely true, I just saw the video on Youtube and they're not making out they were doing some 'calibrations' together.

Last edited:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Dislikes:

- That room on deck 2 where you have to wait for no reason
- Banshees, aka Vanguard rapists
- Where the hell did all the gas stations go?
- Bought the entire giftshop for Ashley and was only allowed to give her one present
- Love the new EDI but I really wanted Joker in a powersuit for a squadmate
- The journal was perfect the last two games and did not need to be fucked with
- Not enough dialogue. I don't need Tali to expound on flotilla politics for an hour anymore, but more coversation == more immersion.
- Diane Allers
- Plot about star-killing dark energy seems to have been dropped (bummer)
- Whoever put the main and secondary missions on different discs needs to be drug out and shot

- Consequences of ME1 and ME2 decisions cropping up
- Wrex.
- Kelly Chambers OK (made her go into hiding), got Ken and Gabby back
- I found my hamster!
- The middle option I never use is gone
- Tali's face
- Ash looking like a co-ed in her hospital bed. RAWR. (Minus the bruising)
- Liara's blue monsters seem even larger now
- Multiplayer. If Bioware is going to rip off a battle system, they picked the right one.
- Got a Black Widow from a Spectre pack
- ME1 music making a comeback, i.e. snobby Presidium music
- Poor Cortez, wanted to give the guy a hug
- Grunt survived even though everyone swore he'd die if you save the Rachni queen

Not sure:

- James Vega. Leaning toward dislike but witholding judgement until after multiple playthroughs.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Significant nonspoilery things to be aware of for lulz:
-Conrad is back. He is located on Citadel, in the 'other' docking area. Eventually, if you enter this area after a certain major story event (
the Cerberus attack on Citadel
), you will overhear a doctor talking and he will mention a person doing something. This will trigger Conrad's sidequest - BE SURE TO TALK TO HIM REPEATEDLY (you'll know when to stop and do the quest). It is. So. Fucking. Hilarious.

-Citadel, Presidium Commons, Apartments: this area has a giant ad for a certain movie some people might remember (that has shooty awesome things). You can interact with this ad about 7-8 times for a series of ridiculously fucking funny shit. holy fuck ty bioware

-Citadel, Purgatory: just inside the door, a woman is talking to a guy. Going past several times is well worth it for a laugh.

-Mordin sings again.

other stuff (spoilers):
-Dude, how fucking sad was it that Kelly was murdered on Citadel? ;_;
-Thane died ;.;
-Mordin died ;.;
-My eyes got really teary at these things happening >:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
My first Renegade interrupt, telling Vega to stfu.

So good.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Default Shepard said:
Not sure:

- James Vega. Leaning toward dislike but witholding judgement until after multiple playthroughs.

I hate him. Every time I hear him say "loco" I want to punch him.

Default Shepard said:
- Ash looking like a co-ed in her hospital bed. RAWR. (Minus the bruising)

That was sad for me at first seeing her face like that, my Shepard was visibly hurting to watch his girlfriend like that.

Garrus said:
-Dude, how fucking sad was it that Kelly was murdered on Citadel? ;_;

I'm not sure but I think there's a way to save but I'll have to read my guide for that.

Garrus said:

Really? Then I wasted 30 minutes bumbling around the Citadel trying to figure out what to do.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
^no, I don't think you can

also I KNOW MAN THAT WAS STUPID

ed: WHAT YOU CAN AW FUCK

Last edited:
My first Renegade interrupt, telling Vega to stfu.

So good.

Being a bitch to Ashley has also been satisfying.

EDIT: I'm starting to think from what little I've been able to find
that the save Thane campaign may have been unsuccessful. We'll see as someone who romanced him whether that changes, but the new info on the wiki (which I only skimmed) only gives one conclusion. *majorsadface*

How long into the game was it before you saw Thane people who have played? Just curious for something vague like "after 4 missions".

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
How long into the game was it before you saw Thane people who have played? Just curious for something vague like "after 4 missions".

For me it was 2 missions after I went to the Citadel,
He was there the third time I went to see Ash and was going to give her physical therapy.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I don't think there's any way to save Thane

Kelly can be saved by telling her to change her identity and hide when you first meet her (the renegade choice)

Supposedly Mordin can be saved if you talk him out of curing the genophage and Wrex is dead

Lex

Administrator
My CE arrived unexpectedly today, THANK YOU AMAZON. They always deliver a day early here.

Anyway, time to tidy the casa, go to Tesco and buy lots and lots of shit, then lock the door and stay in till Monday. I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED. Shame I'm going to miss uni tomorrow ^_^.

See you all when I'm done.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
im replaying from last nights save because i didnt tell kelly to change her identity SO NOW I DID....... but then i gotta play through all the other stuff that was pretty hard and shitty like saving jack and co from grissom academy long sigh

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Garrus said:

Urdnot Wrex said:
Really? Then I wasted 30 minutes bumbling around the Citadel trying to figure out what to do.

Oh for fuck sake, all I had to do was finish the N7:Cerberus Abductions for the dogtags. I wasted 1,000 credits for nothing, I hate this mission.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
MY COLLECTORS EDITION CAME THROUGH THE MAIL

I DID A LAP AROUND THE HOUSE SCREAMING
although it was delivered to my friend's place (because that's where all my overseas orders go) but I COULD REGISTER IT TO ORIGIN AND DOWNLOAD IT ANYWAY AAAAAAAAAAAA

10 gbs will take me a while to download tho

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Got it, first thing I did was turn the cover inside out so FemShep was on the front.
LIKE SHE SHOULD BE. :rage:

Downloading "from Ashes" now... See you all Monday :wacky:

Top Bottom