Mass Effect Series

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Went ahead and took a peak. It actually worked out better than I thought. At the very least theres some closure to it, and it actually feels like an ending now. But its still not quite what I'd expect from Bioware.

Hopefully they don't repeat this process in fture games. Just give us a good ending to begin with.

The part before the endings is even worse than before IMO.

But whatever. The endings themselves were OK. Not great but at least different from one another, and certainly better than the gut wrenching lack of details from before.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
BOOOOOOOO

I mean the duration nerf isn't too bad because of the tech tree buff, but that damage decrease hurts a bit >:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
because no we didn't realise the implications of Shepard breathing by the end of the game

:monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Why couldn't they show that in the game? If he survives then show him reuniting with his squad instead of a 3 second scene with him taking a breath. Unless it's going to be used for some future DLC or something.

Lex

Administrator
FINALLY got to play this.
I liked all of the extra scenes. The shitty story is still there, but there's more to it and a proper conclusion.

The first thing I did was refuse the starchilds options altogether. Obviously realised pretty quick that that's a huge mistake! Well I suppose not, as it does give you some degree of control over what actually happens. I also preferred the epilogue of this scenario, without Buzz Aldrin. However, not quite happy with killing every race I've come to know, so:

Did it again, chose destroy. Cried a few times while the ending was running and actually really enjoyed it. However, why am I seeing every character get a mention except Miranda and Jack? Where are they in all that? No comprendé. I smell moar DLC (pre-ending, obviously) featuring those two.

I liked that I was able to question the space child, and even better, you can shoot him (woo) but it doesn't get you anywhere. Also he's creepy when he says SO BE IT!. He does say that you'll be able to rebuild synthetics, so it may be possible to resurrect EDI? Who knows.

Slightly fucked off that although it's now confirmed Shepard lives in this ending there was no reunion scene or anything, though I'm still a lot happier than I was before, even if he's left in the same circumstances. At least Shep's not dead.

And I've realised aswell that no matter what I do my headcanon is always going to be destroy. Although sacrificing EDI and the Geth leaves a bad taste in my mouth I can't be so nihilistic as to sacrifice Shepard in a capacity that he's never going to reunite with the crew. Think about all the bloody work he's done to get there - no, can't do it.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the others ^_^.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
However, why am I seeing every character get a mention except Miranda and Jack? Where are they in all that? No comprendé. I smell moar DLC (pre-ending, obviously) featuring those two.
Afraid not. I think this is just dependent on which of the three options you chose. Miranda and Jack definitely got slots on the slideshow for me when I chose Control.

Lex

Administrator
I should actually have updated this last night, but I got caught up reading mountains of derp on the Bioware forums (that place is so funny at times) - All the ME2 characters (assuming they're alive) are supposed to have slides in all 3 endings, this is just a glitch some people are experiencing.

The YouTube videos of destroy with the same or lower EMS than me have Miranda and Jack at least. I'll have to replay and see if anything changes.

Of course there's always the possibility that I'm an idiot and just didn't notice them :monster:.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I had my EMS maxed out but didn't get Miranda or Jack but I did get Jacob for whatever reason, this game knows me so well. Are other people still getting Javik coming out of the Normandy?

Lex

Administrator
Yeah I got him coming out of the Normandy. Don't know what that's all about. Like I said just there though, you are supposed to get Miranda and Jack in all 3 if you have the high EMS. You might not even need high EMS.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
He still looks pissed as hell. I saw a video of someone doing the Destroy ending in the EC and had Liara and Garrus so I still don't know why Javik's coming out.

Lex

Administrator
It's obviously using the same mechanic that was being used in the original ending so I still don't get what's making it happen. I've tried searching around to see if anyone's investigated it but it just doesn't make any sense. I didn't use Javik AT ALL on this playthrough, and I literally mean not once. I used LI + Liara mostly, so I don't get it.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'm still going with the theory that he's coming out because he's the character that best expresses our feelings about the endings.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

Lex

Administrator
OK I have to post this person's DeviantArt just because look:

ba52b3137dc59391b78bbc6f6b8c90c4-d5bf0n0.jpg

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW CUTE THAT IS.

They have a ton of Mass Effect plushies so check them out here.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
It would be cool if there was a light inside its head :(

Lex

Administrator
Officially recommending the Leviathan DLC, I just spent a good few hours playing through it and was quite impressed by the length/ quality of plot/ squadmate dialogue.

Lex

Administrator
I feel pretty meh about Vega, so I feel pretty meh about this too. Might be interesting though, time will tell.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
He actually was better than I excepted that said I still want to kill him every time he murders the Spanish language. This could be decent.

Top Bottom