Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I thought I was the only one bothered by his fake ass accent and shit

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
When he said "my abuelas huevos rancheros" a Spanish teacher died of horror somewhere. Also I will like to point out to whoever voiced Cortez who was also using a fake accent that pissed the hell out of me that it is spelled and pronounced C-E-R-V-E-Z-A not C-E-R-V-E-I-Z-A.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
There's something about the animation that rubs me the wrong way.

I mean, from the art itself it certainly is well-designed and drawn imo, but that animation doesn't exactly feel like a quality you'd get from "the studio behind Ghost in the Shell".

I do want to be excited about it, though.

Lex

Administrator
I kinda feel it looks a bit... frameless. I get that's kind of a traditional anime thing but I've never really liked it.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
We all saw that one coming, there was no way the Aria storyline was going to be left up in the air, Aria is way too badass to just be sitting in a sofa during the whole war. Hopefully this DLC wont open up more plot holes in the story and make the endings even more pointless. It seems Bioware intends to milk both Mass Effect and Dragon Age for all their worth.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Leviathan didn't really have that problem, and that directly related to the ending. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
No matter when you Leviathan you'll spend the rest of the game asking and looking for things you already know and
the Leviathans know exactly what the Catalyst is and its location on the Citadel but they don't tell Shepard and he/she doesn't bother asking because that would completely void the the purpose of the last 2 missions

Lex

Administrator
Tbh I'm more interested in this new game they're making. They'll either set it so far in the future that the ending choices won't matter as much, or they'll make a prequel.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I mentioned a while back that I thought the post-game scenario would be pretty chock-a-block full of potential story. The endings are streamlined enough so that there's probably a fair range of potential plots available to use.

Make lemonade, I say. :wackymonster:

No matter when you Leviathan you'll spend the rest of the game asking and looking for things you already know and
the Leviathans know exactly what the Catalyst is and its location on the Citadel but they don't tell Shepard and he/she doesn't bother asking because that would completely void the the purpose of the last 2 missions

I don't remember the Leviathans ever knowing what the Catalyst was. How would they know if the Crucible wasn't a design of their own? I'm genuinely unsure of this - I was under the impression that Shepard was simply spending too much time just trying to win them over to his/her side. :monster:

Regardless, the DLC is set to take place at any point after the Palaven level (ie. pretty early on), so in the context of a fresh playthrough I don't see how the first point invalidates its purpose.
Call me an optimist.

Lex

Administrator
Actually, thinking about it - how hard would it be to set the game post ME3 and include the 3 different scenarios from the ending? It could possibly just be a matter of different dialogue at certain points and different skins for characters. Though I'm not entirely sure how they'd deal with the differences in synthetic life thing.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
It'd be easy to create a series of separate scenarios that converge into a singular plot ala DA: Origins, I think. Because there are enough differences for there to be some pretty contrasting plot, but obviously the scenarios can't all be free-floating and separate from each other through the whole game.

That'd be pretty nuts.

Of course they could always go the Baldur's Gate route and make everything canon :awesome: idk.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I'm so fucking done with EA right now. I can't access my Mass Effect game because it won't register the dlc that is on my hardrive because a different account on the same xbox downloaded it. I can't play Leviathan, I can't play the extended ending. And I can't even play my regular game because I did so with To Ashes, and it won't even register that dlc even though it never had a problem before.

Lex

Administrator
It's the same with PS3, you have to have both the same user and PSN account register the game and DLC for it to work.

You could play it, if you can transfer your ME save to the other user account?

Splintered

unsavory tart
Yeah I figured it all out, I was blaming EA for my dumb ass. Although I still will blame them because I don't even like EA and it's easier than self depreciation.

Lex

Administrator
EA is also declaring November 7th as N7 Day and will be promoting BioWare's iconic sci-fi franchise with in-game and real world events.

November 7th is my birthday. I know it's a total coincidence, but I feel special :monster:

Also Mass Effect 1 is being released on PSN as a standalone aswell. I'm doing a supreme dance of joy as I type.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Microsoft's publishing lease on ME1 probably ran out a while back and Bioware have been trying to find a way to shoehorn it into the PS3. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
nope.avi

They better not, :monster: that game was an RPG all of its own.

Lex

Administrator
But here's the thing, they're either going to have to remove content from ME1, or add content to ME2/3.

Lets not forget there's some missing dialogue and characters in ME2 for PS3 due to that being the starting point. Conrad for example, will either be removed from ME1 or added to ME2/3.

I'm willing to bet that's why the PS3 version is "coming later".

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I'm pretty sure the data could be there in ME2/3, it's just that the game automatically flags certain values that prevent certain things from being brought up, eg. You don't meet Conrad Verner = he doesn't show up at all in later games. Unless it's been specifically stated that the data for those events have physically been removed from the PS3 version (and I doubt they'd go to all the trouble of doing that when they could just edit the default save data values and leave it at that) - then I better go eat my hat :monster:

It was like this for the other platform versions, and especially with the release of the three games as a single trilogy I personally don't think it'd be hard for them to keep all the content.

Per'aps the PSN standalone version may be modified, iunno :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I get what you mean, and I agree it's unlikely that they actually removed the data from ME2. But remember, the PS3 version of ME2 runs on the ME3 engine and has a lot of refined stuff compared to the PC/Xbox 360. They messed around with game files quite a bit IIRC so it might be that they did physically remove some things.

For example, I've read in several places that "an entire planet" was skipped in the PS3 interactive backstory comic (story of ME1), but I can't work out what planet that is. I do know that there's missing dialogue in PS3 ME2 they'll have to either "reactivate" or "put back in".

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
oic.

Well regardless, the trilogy will most definitely have everything. :monster:

Top Bottom