Mass Effect Series

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It looks like a blast. I'm looking forward to it.

I can't help but think, though, just how much MORE satisfying and fun this would be if it were an epilogue rather than in the midst of everything. It would feel like more of a sendoff and everything. :sigh:But, alas.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
That trailer made me want to cry.

Also it was nice seeing the people they included in the trailer, especially Zaeed. The voice actor for Zaeed, Robert Sachs, passed away last month and Bioware have done a superb job of honouring his memory.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Excuse while I go and.........

tumblr_miqtffyoQI1ri9yduo1_400.gif

Kasumiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, Wrexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Hello Miranda in that very hawt dress. :awesome:

Guys stop the video at 0:31, Shep and Tali are watching "Fleet and Flotilla". :monster:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I really need to get round to play ME3 I still have 3 to finish on insanity as much as it pains me to play it on that difficulty, ahh why do I have so many unfinished games?

Lex

Administrator
3 is the easiest on insanity (especially as a Vanguard). I can't WAIT to play this on Wednesday (damn you EU and your lateness).

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I'll probably jump straight into the game on insanity when I get around to playing it. I pretty much know the entire story thanks to not caring and youtubing everything,

Lex

Administrator
It's more difficult as a soldier. Vanguard in ME3 is a bit like cheating since you can go all Melee and never get hit if you play it right (it's also the most fun class)

Biotic charge is like the best ability in the series. Target someone, zoom towards them and BOOM. SO MUCH FUN. It was very very difficult in ME2 because close quarters combat in that game is more dangerous. In ME3 they introduced the Nova ability which basically makes vanguard go like this:

Charge (restores shield) - Nova (consumes half shield and half their health on insanity) - Nova (consumes the other half of the shield, kills them) -Charge (restores shield).

So you can charge-nova or charge-nova-nova your way through the entire game on insanity. Not to mention using your shotgun on the highest difficulty. It makes brutes and ravagers easier. Banshees are about the same, sometimes if you charge them and don't move quick enough they Reela you which is major creeps. I fucking hate banshees.

AvecAloes

Donator
Hm. Nova is the one ability I never use (in fact, I don't even think I've upgraded it at all), as I tried using it once, probably at the worst possible time, and then promptly got lit up without my shields (I'm not the most stealthy player ever, I for some reason am shit at taking cover). Interesting strategy, though. I do love love love Charge, however. Also Carnage. Really bad at getting Shockwave lined up so that it actually hits anything, though :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Not going to lie Mass Effect 3's Insanity difficulty was really kinda easy for me compared to the previous games, especially on release date :monster: Although I think they upped it a bit when I came back a month or two later in my second playthrough

It's more difficult as a soldier.

Although tbh even that's pretty easy if you play your cards right :monster:

Nova in ME3 was pretty much made solely for the synergy with Charge, I think. The stumble animations and fair AoE damage is just for players who accidentally charge into the middle of a ginormous enemy group that in 2 would pretty much ruin you in a second flat lol

Carnage is an odd thing to have on such a biotics-focused class, although I suppose it's just there to combo with tech squadmates if you are so forced to have them. :monster:

Also yeah Shockwave is unfortunately a difficult beast to use. I'd save it for exploding Singularities that Liara throws out or something, and even then the limited range kinda gimps it on larger levels.
buff plz :cthulhu:

Weapon-wise Lex is on the money. Max out a particular shotgun you like (Geth Plasma Shotgun is certainly a boss when you can get it), pick up Incendiary Ammo for it, and put in the Armor Piercing mod for extra juicy damage against your Atlases, Brutes and Banshees. Warp Ammo also works if you like setting up biotic splosions with your squadmates, although as a very tech player myself I prefer the damage-over-time that Incendiary gives. :3

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Currently downloading Citadel. I stupidly forgot I didn't have enough Microsoft points to buy so after I have driven my little brother to school and came back home I had to leave again, thank god I remembered that the Walgreens that's 7 minutes away sells them because if not I would've needed to go to GameStop that's 20 minutes away.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Ok I haven't been able to stop laughing for hours now. I absolutely loved the DLC, I got to use Wrex again in my squad, it was glorious. I didn't exactly like the actual plot of the DLC but that doesn't matter because you get to hang out with your squad and then throw a truly awesome party, best party ever. So many hilarious shit happened, from the ones I can remember atm:

Shep has a clone and she's trying to take over her life, she leaves her trapped to die and but before she tells her "I should go". Shep just gives her this oh no you didn't look and then starts asking her squad if she sounds that stupid when she says I should go. Party stuff: Miranda and Jack are throwing insults at each other but in a friendly matter and Shep can tell them is obviously sexual tension between them and they should just kiss and get it over with and Kasumi was willing to record it and post it online. EDI starts trolling Traynor about the things she said she would do to EDI because of her sexy voice before she knew EDI was an AI, James and Ashley hooked up with each other, Garrus was called a Nerddddd by Tali, Wrex, Zaeed and Javik started and shooting competition in the bar and a hungover Javik the next morning said "Knell before Javik". Also I didn't invite Jacob to my party and it felt so good.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Shep has a what the fuck now lolo

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Shepard has clone that was made during the Lazarus Project in case Shep needed new organs. Since Shep didn't need it he was simply thrown away in storage to be forgotten, he's tad angry about all that, just a bit really.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Going back in for another playthrough. Too much awesome to cover. As far as I'm concerned, this is the ending the series deserved all along. I was literally just dumbstruck at the end - I couldn't make myself leave the apartment.

AvecAloes

Donator
I'm really excited to play it, too. I'm thinking I'll actually play it before beating the game, so that it just kinda fits in and flows rather than being a revisit, ya know? Since I have the opportunity to do it like that.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Going back in for another playthrough. Too much awesome to cover. As far as I'm concerned, this is the ending the series deserved all along. I was literally just dumbstruck at the end - I couldn't make myself leave the apartment.

Dude that is exactly what I thought. I've been replaying the Party a few times because it is just perfect and from now on this is the ending of the trilogy for me.

Splintered

unsavory tart
dlc

Not going to lie, the party had me tear up a few times, well not really but you get the sentiment, because all of my party members there, even the ones I never warmed up to made me smile. And Mordin singing sucker punched me right in the feels.

That's a hell of a send off.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Yeah same thing happened to me and then there was the videos Thane left me, dammit you two making sentimental when I was laughing my ass off. :(

Splintered

unsavory tart
It was also kind of amazing it felt almost like a partial love letter to Wrex who was absolutely amazing this entire dlc. Also drunk Grunt, best ever... of everything.

I youtubed the thane romance because he got no mention otherwise but, ugh, nasty tears of sentiment. But between Mordin and Thane, I felt bad there was absolutely no mention of Legion anywhere.
Oh well, can't win them all

Top Bottom