Mass Effect Series

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
^ Loyalty missions are everything. Don't forget that.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Mass Effect 2's Paragon/Renegade system is a little borked in that you have to basically min-max it out in order to keep everyone alive by the end of the game. It's one of the more egregious things they fixed in Mass Effect 3 with a flat influence system

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
If it's not a Vanguard simulator that makes you hurl after the 30 second mark, no sale

:awesome:

Lex

Administrator
It's my birthday, which means it's N7 day!!!!!!!! (never has such a thing been more perfect).

Look out for Andromeda news and link to a stream if there is one. I'll be drunk :)

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I now feel obligated to buy an N7 hoodie if I can!

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

Thank fuck they did something for this year's N7 day, even if it was mostly just spliced real-life footage kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel. Jennifer Hale makes everything better, and it serves as a cute kind of farewell as they reiterate that Commander Shepard's story is done

Better than fucking nothing at least

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Over a minute of dialogue from Hale's Shepard is worth the wait 'til the next trailer.

Come at me.

Lex

Administrator
12622366_1662828607301758_5873214710677634054_o.jpg

accurate

Also though, wtf is the deal with Bioware's complete silence on Andromeda? It's bizarre. We have (officially) a grand total of one trailer, and the game's supposed to release this year. That one trailer has been the only bit of Mass Effect we've had in four years.

I'm not complaining about dev time because let us be thankful for a non-rushed game, but comparatively Inquisition had a bunch of trailers prior to even reaching the year of its release. I wouldn't be surprised if they postponed it tbh.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I hope that if Andromeda has loyalty missions that they're not all daddy related problems.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I've also heard EA won't be at E3 this year. It adds even more oddness to their overall silence.

Lex

Administrator
They're holding their own "EA Plays" event rather than a conference, so they will be present. Think the way Bethesda had one this year XD

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
EA's conference last year was fucking garbage and I'm not sad to see it go despite my love for Mass Effect and my hype for Mirror's Edge 2

There's no point for me to sit through 40 minutes of sportsball and drivecar just to get to the good bits

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
EA's conference last year was fucking garbage and I'm not sad to see it go despite my love for Mass Effect and my hype for Mirror's Edge 2

There's no point for me to sit through 40 minutes of sportsball and drivecar just to get to the good bits
My thoughts exactly. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I'm really hoping they don't include a modelled "default" face like they did with the original trilogy and DAII, purely because I struggle to not choose the default face when it's more detailed and more attractive than anything you can create 0_0

In Inquisition I grew really attached to my most recent character's look and it made the whole experience more personal/ better overall. They don't seem to have shown a "mascot" yet and I'm hoping they stick with that like they did with Inquisition.

Lex

Administrator
Info leak:

one of my buddies managed to play some 25 odd minutes of Andromeda. Do not ask me how he did as telling how would cost someone his or her job.

The vertical slice he played was small and he is soooo not as obsessive as we are (tho he is a fan) but he let me know a couple of things.

1: there us a Krogan character in the squad so far called Drake.

2: There is a Synthetic in the squad...it is not a geth

3: A big thing that was a focus of this was showcasing the "no loading times". Apparently there are none. From flying through the "map" to picking a planet to landing with the squad. Problem my friend was made aware that thanks to this approach graphical features were loading after game play begun. He did not care much....but the person making him aware was not happy.

4: Squad AI was better than he remembered from ME3. He pointed out the companions were aggressive and actively using shields when the team was taking damage and whatnit but he made it sound like they were more like the Geth deployable shields from the early ME1. Might have been me interpreting wrong tho. Game play was described as "familiar" and "refined" from ME3.

Sorry, not much in the way of concrete info but eh, thought I'd share

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Andromeda delayed til Q1 2017
The return of Mass Effect will have to wait a bit longer. While the next game in the space opera RPG series, Mass Effect: Andromeda, was originally scheduled to launch some time during the holiday 2016 window, according to EA CFO Blake Jorgensen it won't be coming until next year. During a presentation at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecom Conference, Jorgensen outlined the publisher's upcoming line-up of games, before explaining that the new Mass Effect would be available "in our fourth quarter," which runs from January to March 2017.

Anybody else surprised? :nah:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Not really, I didn't even know it was planned for 2016, I had assumed it was 2017 due to the lack of news.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Andromeda delayed til Q1 2017
The return of Mass Effect will have to wait a bit longer. While the next game in the space opera RPG series, Mass Effect: Andromeda, was originally scheduled to launch some time during the holiday 2016 window, according to EA CFO Blake Jorgensen it won't be coming until next year. During a presentation at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecom Conference, Jorgensen outlined the publisher's upcoming line-up of games, before explaining that the new Mass Effect would be available "in our fourth quarter," which runs from January to March 2017.

Anybody else surprised? :nah:

Nope. I called this getting delayed since we haven't seen an actual trailer yet and Inquisition had gotten delayed during its development too.

Lex

Administrator
In slightly brighter news, new images of the N7 character have appeared. They said this wasn't the main character ('s male armour) but it's looking like it is XD.

heres-our-best-look-yet-at-mass-effect-andromedas-main-character-14570122795.jpg

heres-our-best-look-yet-at-mass-effect-andromedas-main-character-14570122918.jpg

jpg

jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Mmm sci fi suit butts

Enigma

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I was disapointed to see Mass Effect is going to be delayed! I was so excited, especially when I heard it'd be similar to Dragon Age Inquisition in the world style. I'd love to explore alien worlds and have it be more sandbox-like.

Top Bottom