Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I feel Peace Walker was enough to bridge Naked Snake to Big Boss, at the end he said they were moving out from Mother Base and that from then on he wasn't Snake anymore, he was Big Boss in the credits he proclaimed wherever they were at Outer Heaven. Seems like a complete story to me. There's room for him to do other sneaking missions, sure. But I wouldn't say that there a gaps in his story so far.

I still am glad we're getting this game rather then a game concerning the Boss.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Peace Walker also filled out the apparent gap in the events that happened before the Virtuous Mission, explaining what the Boss was up to in the years that she was away from Snake.

Although I'm starting to wonder exactly how much of EVA's revelations are actually true.

Ghost X

I hope the inevitable bazillion hours of cutscenes in GZ and/or MGS5 will explain all the happenings of Peace Walker I'm unaware of. Can't be fucked buying the PS3 version or a handheld :wacky:.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
booooooo you

also just go youtube it :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The Quirky Miniboss Squad of MGR:

mgr-charas_09-18hzuet.jpg

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Well now little miss lotsa-arms, that is just... highly inappropriate. Get a room lady. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

This, actually looks kind of awesome.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Oh wow hey stealth mechanics

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
A few new details about MGS:GZ

Loading is always done in the background, so it’s basically an open world where loading screens do not exist.
The exception to this is when you travel by helicopter—there a loading screen will be inserted.
There will be many Grand Theft Auto-style open worlds, and these are connected by helicopter.
The video that has been released is of the prologue stage, so it’s a small open world. There are bigger ones.
The game has a concept of time, so it varies from morning to afternoon, and then to night in real time. [This could mean "game time," I'm not sure.]
Before using the FOX Engine on other titles going forward, they want to create the standard with open worlds.

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-has-many-open-worlds

Ghost X

So the MGS5 prologue has a prologue? Prologue-ception? *cricket chirps*.

Anyways, sounds good to me. I'm just eating this stuff up to be honest, wondering if my objective eye is malfunctioning. I mean, this is a apparently a criticism: "I hope it's not gonna become a GTA-type game." ...???... MGS in my GTA? Fuck yeah.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I'm not all that partial to the aimless anarchy that eventually develops in GTA, though :monster:

At least, not in my MGS.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I'm not all that partial to the aimless anarchy that eventually develops in GTA, though :monster:

At least, not in my MGS.

What?

The only anarchy that develops in GTA is what you create.

In fact in GTA4 I never really went on any rampages.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
And yeah, out of the people who actually played the GTA games who didn't eventually make some? :monster:

OT: Revengeance looks neat. The actual cutting mechanic isn't a gameplay crutch, at least, which had me worried initially.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i played the demo expecting combat of bayonettic proportions but instead was like 'what am i doing, why is this so hard, how do i block and dodge'

Top Bottom