Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I have zero interest in any Metal Gear without a David Hayter voiced character.

How about a remake of Metal Gear 1 & 2?
Didn't snake fight Big Boss in Metal Gear 2, tell me that won't be worth seeing in HD.
Show us how a rookie became Snake.

Anyway still playing MGS3 HD. Just beat "The End". I ran out of ammo so I chased him down and beat him to death, he's not a great sniper If I can kill him with my fists. :lol:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
There's an MGS5 title screen which was apparently secretly revealed on Comic-Con, but since Konami was quick to shoot down the rumor, I won't bother posting it, because

ForceStealer

Double Growth
MGS4 Trophy List:

Bronze Trophies:

Divine Wind - Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
Drum Can Addict - Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
Emotion Control - Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
Hand Up! - Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
Hurt Me More! - Shocked an enemy soldier using the Mk. II/III.
Overhead View, Just Like Old Times… - Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
That Tune Is His Mind Control Music - Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
You Enjoy All The Killing, That’s Why - Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.

Silver Trophies:

Are You an Otaku, too? - Viewed all model posters.
Can You Feel My Power Now!!!? - Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
FaceCamo Addict - Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
Ghost Photography Addict - Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
I Just Don’t Fear Death - Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
SUNLIGHT! - Obtained the Solar Gun.
Where I can See Ya - Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
You’re Pretty Good - Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.

Gold Trophies:

Flashback Mania - Viewed all flashbacks.
I am THE Expert on Weapons, Equipment and Cutting-Edge Technology - Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
Sounds of the Battlefield - Obtained all iPod tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).

Platinum Trophy:

The Legendary Hero - Obtained all trophies.

"I am THE Expert on Weapons, Equipment and Cutting-Edge Technology" - that might be the longest trophy title I've ever seen.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
How much would a trophy list ever impress you?

*shrug* I just like that if I ever do decide to play through it again I can just install the damn thing. Trophies and such can be fun and all, but they're overrated.

Ghost X

There should be like a platinum big boss award for being all fast, stealthy, and not killing anything on the hardest difficulty. Has anyone here done that? I certainly haven't :monster:.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Aren't there already trophies that correspond to the rank you get from the game?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
There should be like a platinum big boss award for being all fast, stealthy, and not killing anything on the hardest difficulty. Has anyone here done that? I certainly haven't :monster:.

I had back when I still had my first Ps3 with MGS4.

Ghost X

@Satsu: Not that I'm aware of, but I'm not a reliable source of information :P.

@Dacon: I got as far as the second act, trying to be all big boss, but gave up soon after :monster:.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It takes a lot of time and retries and ultimately I only did it because I have no life

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Shit I'd be happy just to get Fox rank. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
tbh you work at it for so long and once you get it done you're just like

thats it

give me my month back

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Metal Gear Rising news :monster:

561923_428864770490605_631790268_n.jpg

European release date is February 21, 2013

Gamescom trailer:

It's the same as the E3 trailer except for a few scenes added at the end.

331135.jpg

331136.jpg

331138.jpg

331140.jpg

331145.jpg

331146.jpg

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Not impressed, and the trailer was kinda awkward in the message it was trying to get across, :monster:

Ghost X

Not confident enough to buy it yet. The trailer didn't seem to have a lot of actual gameplay, but rather cut scenes (which I guess is no surprise from an MGS spin off) or at the very least QTEs, which I despise (I actually prefer cut scenes to QTEs :P). One thing I do like is the character designs of the other ninja cyborgs.

Ghost X

"The only thing is that I cant ever answer any questions about it or talk about, not for sometime."

Oops! :awesome:.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

Ghost X

@ "Metal Gear Solid: Grand Zeroes": I didn't think it was possible, but I'm having multiple male orgasms right now. I'm not really a PC gamer though, so I may have to learn to adapt if no one comes out with a console that can handle the specs required. Then again, the game is probably a couple of years away.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
They say it's current-gen, :monster:

I'm sure it'll be out on consoles, though. It'd be odd for them to deviate from their usual modus operandi to develop for a single gaming platform and ignore the main consoles.

... owait nvm

Ghost X

As for movie, I'm not particularly interested in a movie, but hey, small chance it might be good. I'll wait for a trailer before I bother getting hyped. I'm willing to believe people at the Ground Zeroes screening thing when they say it was awesome though :wacky:.

Top Bottom