Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Square-Enix gave Hideo Kojima a present:

It's an action figure of himself as cyborg ninja.

BB6Tj48CAAAL3gE.jpg:large

BB6TvsJCMAA8dQi.jpg:large

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So I got MGR yesterday and while the camera can be annoying, it's really really fun.

Cutting things feels good. :awesome:

BUY IT NAO.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Will try this MGR out.

Btw people... how is the phantom pain going so far? I wanna know more on this survival horror thing.

Ghost X

I'm guessing we may find out thursday, I don't think there has been any new information on it otherwise.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Sounds legit :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Holy shit Quinton Flynn actually voiced it

Freddie Wong you magnificent bastard
And Kojima for endorsing awesome shit like this

The Doctor

The Definitive Article
The Hitman movie was awful.

But the MGS series are amongst my absolute favourite. I actually had OPSM magazine issue 42 that had the MGS demo back in the dark days of 1997. It remains one of my favourite gaming memories of all time. Sure, MGS2 was a convoluted, piss poor mess BUT Snake Eater and Guns of the patriots (including online) more than made up for it.

now a personal gripe: Why turn MGO off the month before you launch a new edition of MGS4. Surely the new influx of players would've kickstarted MGO?!?! I guess i'm bitter because MGO was my favourite online game and they went and turned the damn thing off :( :'(

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Holy shit he's wearng Zadornov's fake hand

OF COURSE HE WOULD. :monster:

But yeah great great great! Nice choice of track, whoever in Kojipro chose that did by Garbage right :cthulhu:

Pretty psychadelic, though. Riding horseback with Revolver Ocelot on rails while shooting flaming horsemen? Yes please. :awesome:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Well...so much for survival horror :okayguy:

But damn it's MGSV! I thought it ended with IV with Solid Snake :'[ Do you think it'll ever explore Solid Snake's life after IV? I've seen enough stories with Big Boss to last a lifetime! His myth is now slowly becoming less shrouded and Solid Snake's is much more mythical now! It needs to be the opposite, man!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I do recall Kojima saying they're not done with Solid Snake yet. I doubt it'd continue after 4 though, that'd be pointless.

Idk, maybe they'll remake Metal Gear 1 and 2 someday. That'd be neat.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Big Boss has only had 3 proper games as a main character (2 canon ones), :monster: Solid Snake has had like, 5.

Kojima also went on the record for saying that he was going to remake MGS1 properly but only with the proper time and resources on hand.

Maybe the FOX engine will be it in the future.

And yase MG1 and MG2 remake pls

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
If not, at least a short film regarding Old Snake like what they did with Ezio after Revelations! Something of a whiff of the guy! I adore him greatly even though I believe Big Boss is a badass. I wanna explore more of Snake's old stories from Outer Heaven's infiltration, Zanzibar Land's destruction, etc etc! at least something to cover from his past!

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Also David Hayter keeps tweeting depressingly that Kojima didn't hire him for any voices. Uh oh.

Top Bottom