Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Ocelot is behind almost everything in the main Metal Gear Solid games, short of the LA-LI-LU-LE-LO itself and that isn't even an exaggeration.

I'm not surprised he'd show up to manipulate help Snake in making Diamond Dogs. :monster:

Also, apparently the next KP Alert! podcast by the Hideoblog is going to specifically discuss the theme song. I'M SO HYPED RIGHT NOW

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It's not that I'm mad about it. Just...how?
Wasn't FOXDIE specifically tailored to kill him? (and EVA and Big Boss)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
This game takes place in the 1980s.
The original FOXDIE virus was engineered (in the 2000s, I believe) during the Shadow Moses Incident, and didn't target Ocelot. The newer FOXDIE virus that did killed Ocelot a bunch of years later during the events of MGS4. :monster:

This game still takes place before the events of the very first Metal Gear games. =P

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It's not that I'm mad about it. Just...how?
Wasn't FOXDIE specifically tailored to kill him? (and EVA and Big Boss)

Eyepatch man = Big Boss = Another prequel

This is between Peace Walker and Metal Gear 1.

Also, notice kid!Liquid in the trailer. :awesome:

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
There's a lot of evidence to suggest that it is Liquid, but then again, people were all speculating last time that Chico was Solid Snake. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
There's a lot of evidence to suggest that it is Liquid, but then again, people were all speculating last time that Chico was Solid Snake. :monster:

Which is funny considering they confirmed it to be Chico at the very first presentation. :wacky:
Some people still think it's Snake. :P

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
tbf others thought it was Liquid Snake :awesome:

Apparently the dude in the extended trailer torturing Huey along with Ocelot is actually Kaz. I didn't spot it earlier because the first upload of the extended trailer I saw was incredibly darkened, and I didn't notice how Kaz had lost an arm and leg. The dude in the Diamond Dogs trenchcoat and beret and aviators looks virtually the same (and I didn't spot the right arm sleeve of his coat being flattened because of the absence of arm :monster:). Plus, the Metal Gear wiki said so and in wiki I trust =P

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Ideas and theories I got atm (Peace Walker related spoilers):

Big Boss' utter fall from grace: immersing himself into the mercenary business for real by accepting all forms of payment from any clients imaginable - eg. blood diamonds from mining slaves? Exploiting not only the rich and well-off, but the desperate and weak.

Kaz Miller: Still might actually
be playing both sides, Cipher (Major Zero's shenanigans) vs. Big Boss' new unit.
Would explain him torturing Huey (since they worked together there wouldn't be any real reason for him to do torture, esp. with his face covered)?

Ocelot is obviously doing the same thing he does throughout the entire fucking series, :monster:

Also, the last bit of the extended trailer: A weapon to surpass Metal Gear. This could likely be the
development of the AI overlords that would oversee all warfare in the following decades, ie. the information warfare emphasised in MGS2 and MGS4.
This could either be referring to
just the AI in particular,
or "the weapon" could imply that specifically work on
Arsenal Gear
had already started in the 80s.

It'd be a very clever misdirection from the events of Peace Walker - Cipher's vested interest in Peace Walker and Metal Gear Zeke wasn't actually in
taking the tank for themselves or anything, but all they wanted was the AI technology developed to power the decision making - in particular, an AI that would reflect the actions of The Boss' will
. In that sense, all the events of Peace Walker would boil down to "they were all used by Cipher in the elaborate grand scheme of things," and the titular nuclear deterrent was actually secondary to the central theme of the last chronological events of the entire Metal Gear series.

Of course, Kojima went on record in saying that the central theme to The Phantom Pain would be "race and revenge", so even if these elements were used in the game they might not even be the most significant plot points.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
This series is a rare example of being able to jump around the timeline -- even after having provided the conclusion to the overall series -- while still providing installments than manage to feel relevant.

Honestly, even with Snake Eater being my favorite MG game, I thought we'd be sick of following Big Boss's exploits before Peace Walker ever came out, yet I'm not.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU I'M AT WORK

who's in it is akihiro honda in it

or donna burke

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
boooooooo

there's also a japanese kojipro podcast but every time someone on youtube asks what they're talking about they just keep telling them to bugger off and listen to the english version

rood >:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
why didn't they just do that instead of the HD collection ;.;

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I can actually play MG 1 and 2 because they're packaged in directly this time. Those are the only 2 metal gear games I haven't played that are vital to the plot, if not horribly retconned.

They're pretty much just about Solid Snake trolling Big Boss, right?

Top Bottom