Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
main_img.jpg

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Game/Ps4/Metal-gear-solid-v/index.html

Telcontar

Donator
The Gun Metal PS3 looked 1337. This one looks cheaply done IMO.

I was listening to 8-4 Play just now and JJ mentioned that "some media person who's name I cant remember" tweeted that gameplay was 15 minutes or something. The rest of it were cutscenes. I definitely remember him saying that the opening cutscene was 30 minutes long.

I strongly believe that the 12-minute gameplay demo more or less represents the length of the main mission. Plus a few minutes since you need to save Chico AND Paz IIRC.

15 minutes of gameplay? Sounds super-likely.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Apparently the ending of Ground Zeroes is super mind-blowing, can't wait.

Also, the GameInformer guys said that the Kojipro staff can speedrun GZ in 5 minutes, so apparently they're banking on the replayability to be a justification on the price.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Also something to note is that people who buy the first run of Ground Zeroes (ie. pre-orders and launch adopters) will have access to extra Mother Base staff that carry onto The Phantom Pain

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i just found out you can upgrade to the download version of the ps4 one (at the cost of 1,000 yen versus 2,362 for the standard download?) if you get gz for the ps3 and i am now seriously considering doing that :sadpanda:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
btw I think all the versions look fucking amazing either way :monster: The real difference is really the framerate! It's pretty nuts.

I won't be getting a next-gen console in forever, though, and I super-duper want this game on release so it'll be 360 version for me >:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
there is a chance my brother will get a ps4 and for a change i will use a console he got to play something i bought, instead of the usual pattern of him using the console i bought :sadpanda:

i just have to hope he gets his act together in time :sadpanda:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
DidYouKnowGaming interview with Kojima\

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i want to preorder gz but the only money i have spare i need to use buying school books which aren't mgs at all

Kain Strife

Some Kind of Animator
I just want to add hype to this game... I wonder.. according to this article

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/15/metal-gear-solid-5-was-nearly-a-psp-and-ps3-game/

Ground Zeroes was gonna be PS3/PSP Which makes me think it would have been alot like Peace Walker. As great as this game will be, I kinda wish it'd have Co-Ops... I mean I'm not complaining I'm gonna %$#@ my &@% all over this game... but did anyone else love that about Peace Walker?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
MGSV TPP will have Metal Gear Online 2.0 or something, so I'm not too fussed. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Oh Egoraptor why do you do this to yourself

Alice

The Persistent Flourish
I unfortunately have a 360, and plan on getting a PS4. That's not for some time, though, so connectivity between GZ and TPP is going to be a pain. I'm intending on buying the 360 version digitally, and grabbing the PS4 version later down the road when it's appropriate.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Got GZ yesterday. PS3 version. Story mission lasted 135 minutes for me.

Fun stuff. I think this is the most fun I had with an MGS game so far.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Got GZ yesterday. PS3 version. Story mission lasted 135 minutes for me.

Fun stuff. I think this is the most fun I had with an MGS game so far.

Ive been staring at the PSN store all day trying to decide if I want to buy it.
I dont know if I can justify 30$ for such a short game though :/

I wish it had MGO2.0 on it to tide us over till Phantom Pain.

Top Bottom