Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah that's a thing.

Building a nuke gets you instant 50k demon points for long horn plus permanent blood. Didn't take long for me to get rid of that again though. I'm Nice Snake. I dismantled my nuke right after completion :monster:
(was purely for the trophies)

I doubt I would have ever seen this if it wasn't for the nuke.
Which by the way takes ridiculously long to develop. 24 hours. Yes, the game needs to be running during that time.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The first 24 hours was easy enough, :monster:. Besides, it's not uncommon for me to let games run while I go do something else for lulz.

Also got the FOB tutorial just now. This started right where I was starting a mission that said "Go kill this guy", so I was like "OKAY FUCK IT", got a machine gun and suited up in heavy armor and figured I'd yoloswag through it. But I was interrupted, aaaand I tried to do it stealthily like ten times in heavy armor and shit :wacky:. I was pretty close a few times though. Actually the fourth time or so I had knocked out the d00d and the weapons dealer both, even managed to extract one. But I wanted to go too fast.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm not going to read all the posts in this thread, but I just wanted to say that I played all the way through Ground Zeroes and started playing The Phantom Pain today. I look forward to joining your conversations at a later date. :salute:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm not going to read all the posts in this thread, but I just wanted to say that I played all the way through Ground Zeroes and started playing The Phantom Pain today. I look forward to joining your conversations at a later date. :salute:

CONVERSATIONS!?

also,

awesomesmiley_pw_big_boss_by_tamarindlaz.jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah time bonuses are super heavy. You can get away with being a murder machine as long as you beat it fast!

Two ends of the spectrum - methodical and ghosting, or quick and messy.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It's upsetting to see for this mission because the first time I played it I went through it all stealthily and didn't trigger an alert and it was super intense what with guards everywhere and a helicopter above and searchlights and shit but I made it and was like 'yay' and only got a C (admittedly I had to kill a dude and triggered reflex mode at one point so that's two bonuses gone).

Now I just flipped a smoke grenade into my jeep and rushed through to the end with no alert until the fucking helicopter spotted me anyway. Eitherway, S-rank. :closedmonster:

Does anyone know how to unlock mission 45?
I got the cutscene with Quiet splashing around in the rain, but its been hours, and nothing new is happening. I've only done 2 of the optional main missions (the ones that are just harder versions of previous missions, which is lame to count them as main missions btw), and have just been doing side ops with the random trip back to motherbase to see if anything triggers.
I did have mission 47 unlock tho... which is progress, I guess? It's just another lame repeat mission though. And I know that 46 is a "hidden" ending.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Do you have maximum bond with her? Do you use the butterfly emblem which would prevent the mission to appear?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's not like there's a shortage of content, :monster:

Seriously, 30+ hours into the game I just unlocked FOBs and FOB missions. I've no clue what invading some impostor-DD base is like... yet. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm nowhere near up to that part, but maybe try clearing some of those repeat main missions?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
This guy is

pretty good

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This game is hell for slow, methodical players like me. I spent two hours playing this mission ("Where do the Bees Sleep?") last night, because I feel the need to clear out every base without being seen. I think I Fultoned 47 people, but as long as there's still room on my Mother Base, I'll keep at it. I was pretty surprised to get my first S rank after being so slow, but there were big bonuses for killing all the Skulls and still leaving some ammo in the Honey Bee.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, that's a pretty epic mission. I didn't get those bonuses though, I spent all of the ammo on those creepy fuckers. Although I did sorta accidentally kill them in a later mission.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh wow, I really thought that was it for the game and I thought the other missions I've heard mention in bugfixes and shit were just bonus missions. They could've turned into two games, or DLC, or whatever... but they didn't, <3

Top Bottom