Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
CP754eXW8AAlokN.jpg

Alright, I'm done. :wackymonster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm at like about 200 but I leave my game running overnight to complete base development and do longer combat deployments :monster:

Sitting at about 66% ish

Currently trying to wrap my head around optional objectives on the Perfect Stealth version of Pitch Dark. Not sure if you can extract all 4 Walker Gears and exfil before the area is sealed off =/

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I honestly feel like you're in the minority here :monster: Everything Eli does is exasperating and desperate. He's a posturing villain without any of the menace. I mean, even Ocelot could beat the shit out of him using hand to hand and Snake beat the shit out of Ocelot back in the day :monster:

That said, the interplay between him and the Third Child was pretty cool, maybe Act 3 would have made him more threatening

Stun shotgun to the face sorted Eli out real quick for that rematch on Mother Base :wacky:

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'm at like about 200 but I leave my game running overnight to complete base development and do longer combat deployments :monster:

Sitting at about 66% ish

Currently trying to wrap my head around optional objectives on the Perfect Stealth version of Pitch Dark. Not sure if you can extract all 4 Walker Gears and exfil before the area is sealed off =/

I'm about the same.

I honestly feel like you're in the minority here :monster: Everything Eli does is exasperating and desperate. He's a posturing villain without any of the menace. I mean, even Ocelot could beat the shit out of him using hand to hand and Snake beat the shit out of Ocelot back in the day :monster:

That said, the interplay between him and the Third Child was pretty cool, maybe Act 3 would have made him more threatening

Stun shotgun to the face sorted Eli out real quick for that rematch on Mother Base :wacky:

He's 12, he doesn't need to be menacing. Just wish he had more purpose. Retconning it so he's left his SAS handlers behind at 9 was a bad move.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
May want to spoiler tag here and there, :monster:

Eli is a little shit and
it's very satisfying to see him getting smacked in the head, arm dislocated, etc. I don't like kids though, :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Dat flaming whale doe

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has a Metal Gear Diary which is a fun read, following the exploits of a complete Metal Gear virgin going into the series by playing MGSV for the first time and finally understanding the appeal of it.

It's quite enlightening :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Honestly, having finished the game there's not a whole lot that hasn't been shown already by the trailers besides the key twists and turns. I mean, hell, even a few of those showed up in the trailers (albeit out of context)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I try not to watch game trailers so that I can remain "unspoiled". :P I don't know who Eli is - I haven't even met him yet in the game - and although I've tried to skip over any mentions of him in this thread, I've picked up that he's an antagonist, and that's already more than I wanted to know.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
If you're really arguing that I shouldn't be in this discussion thread if I want to avoid spoilers, then why have you been using spoiler tags? :huh:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I use tags for stuff that wasn't publicly known from trailers. Common sense rule for spoilers is that everything that is part of the marketing campaign etc is fair game to discuss without tags.

I avoided trailers after E3 2014 as well which is also why I didn't look at any discussion threads until after I finished the game, because I can't expect people to accomodate my complete media blackout.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I get that, but I don't think all of this was in the trailer:

He's 12, he doesn't need to be menacing. Just wish he had more purpose. Retconning it so he's left his SAS handlers behind at 9 was a bad move.

I realise none of these posts is yours, but I wasn't addressing my original "spoilers" comment at you.

If I waited until I finished the game before talking about it, I'd be posting on my own in about six months' time. :monster: I'm currently at 52 hours of play time, of which I'd guess about 45 is actual playing, and I'm at 18%.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah, it also just happens if enemies are tranq'd and sleep face down in puddles or rivers

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I watched mission 1. She's actually not bad! And pretty brave to live stream it; she'd get so much abuse if she sucked as much as I do. (Maybe she does in other missions, I dunno).

Yup, mission 3. X) But she's not getting much abuse; everyone is pretty supportive. Maybe because people think she's a hot chick, I dunno.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I watched mission 1. She's actually not bad! And pretty brave to live stream it; she'd get so much abuse if she sucked as much as I do. (Maybe she does in other missions, I dunno).

Yup, mission 3. X) But she's not getting much abuse; everyone is pretty supportive. Maybe because people think she's a hot chick, I dunno.

Possibly. I'm sure she gets a lot of criticism or outright hatred too in other channels.

Top Bottom