• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
neither of them still gave the other their actual names

Yes, they did. They confirmed John to be BB's name in one of the KP reports as well.

Where are you getting this from?

From the link in the post. And also the fact that ADAM is Ocelot's CIA codename and Ocelot is not from Russia, so "Adamska" is probably a reference to his CIA identity and not his birthname.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
And also the fact that ADAM is Ocelot's CIA codename and Ocelot is not from Russia

His father was however. He might have named him.

The way I see it, the whole point was them dropping the whole codename bullshit. I don't see what the point is in having them still use other random names. There isn't really enough evidence to suggest that either imo.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
And also the fact that ADAM is Ocelot's CIA codename and Ocelot is not from Russia

His father was however. He might have named him.

The way I see it, the whole point was them dropping the whole codename bullshit. I don't see what the point is in having them still use other random names. There isn't really enough evidence to suggest that either imo.

Was his Russian father at D-Day before they took Ocelot away? Also would Ocelot know the potentially Russian name the cobras gave him before he was taken away to be rased by the Philosophers in America? He doesn't seem to know his heritage. And yeah, dropping the codenames is what Ocelot wanted Snake to do. Doesn't mean Snake trusted him completely at that point, or that codec conversation was Zero explaining to Jack what his own actual name is.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm with Tets on this. As far as I'm aware, Big Boss's name is John, and there'd really be no resonance to that scene if the two weren't being straight with each other.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I thought that was the point. Ocelot thinks he's forged a deep connection with Snake, when actually he's not very important to him, keeping up the running theme of the game of Ocelot not being quite as awesome as he thinks he is. Snake kind of smirks when he says it, and again at the end of the scene when Ocelot leaves.

It's handled very weirdly if BB's name is John, he introduces himself as John Doe to paramedic twenty seconds after being told not to use his real name (I know it's a placeholder name, but still, he probably would use a different one if his actual name was John) And the two people most likely to actually know his name call him Jack. But that does seem to be canon.

Peace Walker's ending:

Zero is all about control, I could see him ordering the hijack of Zeke, but bombing the US would cause chaos, it would run completely against everything he stands for.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Behold, Konami's new Metal Gear game!

...it's a co-op zombie shooter spin-off.

I'd rather have MGR2, please.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
because that is what the fans were clamouring for

a spin-off set in some kind of parallel dimension that's yet another zombie shooting action game

is this what the konami guy on reddit or whatever was talking about when he said they wanted to 'get the people's trust back'

although i do kind of like the 'dilapidated motherbase in the middle of a wasteland' setpiece

just not enough to want this game

Just.... Just fuck off Konami. I don't even care you're turning everything into pachinko machines anymore, just go the fuck away

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It looks like a relatively cheap game they've been able to tack to MGSV's technology; more DLC than a standalone game. But eh, it might be enjoyable.

On that note, I haven't thought about MGSV in forever, and I didn't even completely finish it back when. May need to get back into it at some point.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i got to the part where you get the horse and haven't played it since because i don't get much time alone and am avoiding playing it in front of people for whenever quiet shows up to rub her tits on the screen and i don't want to have to give that shitty explanation to people :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
were any of the dlc actually of value (by which is mean narrative-based) or was it all guns and skins and virtual points?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
In the spirit of that dude above who does those amazing model swaps, plus the Survive announcement:

I'd say this comes with a mild spoiler warning, but it only applies to people who 1) understand Japanese and 2) know which scene is actually playing out :awesome:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I forgot we had a general series thread for MGS.

Anyway, the past couple of days I've been on a quest to get the platinum for MGS2 which is a quest I had temporarily abandonded because I couldn't be arsed with the VR missions back then (temporarily meaning it's been on hold since 2012 :wacky: )
The VR mission trophy is literally the last one left so MGS2 has been sitting at 91% completion for eight years. This cannot stand. :monster:

Anyway, I finally reached the MGS1 Snake missions and JESUS the difficulty spike is ridiculous.
I generally have a low frustration threshold so I need to take breaks frequently when stuff takes multiple attempts to beat so I have a feeling these missions will break me.
But I got so far already, I don't wanna give up now
But on the other hand
it's really really really hard :sadpanda:

There is no radar and enemies see you from miles away and you have zero equipment and basically I just revived this thread because I need an outlet to whine and vent my frustrations
:sadpanda:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i tried the first snake tales for i think the first time recently, and i think i got caught straight away

not sure if i will be completing those

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
At least Snake Tales have fun AU stories though

Oh, more bullshit: Some of these Alternate Elimination Mode missions give you no radar and no proximity sensor and to top it off throw in a bunch of invisible enemies with shotguns that one-hit kill you.

And then there are the MGS1 Snake Hold Up missions where somebody recognized the bad design choice that is the usage of pressure-sensitive buttons to both aim and fire and instead of correcting it decided "let's use this against the player" so they make you hold up enemies with a damn assault rifle where you need to push the square button only halfway to aim without firing and it's really easy to slip up. Kojima, why did you let this happen? :@

Even worse, apparently the Xbox version just has you click the left stick because of the lack of pressure-sensitive buttons which makes it easier so as a PS player you just get screwed over. :@

Top Bottom