Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I've never been enjoying Naruto this much since...like..this past year or so.

This arc has been so enjoyable and well done. And seeing Naruto grow and lead up to this new power up with Kurama is...just epic. Seeing him go Godzilla smackdown on all the biju and even make Tobi!Madara worried is pretty satisfying.

I just can't wait for Naruto to fire a giant biju ball into Tobi's face and reveal just what's behind that fucking mask.

Naruto is now reaching extreme levels of power, even if for a limited amount of time. Which kinda lets one wonder if, after this battle against the other tailed beast, will he be pitted directly against Madara (the real dead/alive one), which seems to have the most godlike power up until now.

Naruto has pretty much hit kage level of power. He's able to wrestle with the legendary ninjas now, in terms of power and control. He still needs to work on maintaining his transformation state, but given the fact he's able to handle 5 tailed beasts at once, utilize the amazing power and chakra of Kurama, and now is no longer susceptible to genjutsu...

Naruto's an S-Class ninja now. He's following in his father's footsteps wonderfully. Or hell, even surpassing them.

If he were to go up against Tobi/Madara, I think he'd be able to handle him. So far, the only thing he has going for him are his cheap tricks with vanishing, and warping, and of course his sharingan abilities. I'm not sure what he could necessarily do with just one rinnegan. If he could somehow utilize all the paths of Pain then he might be a problem but again. I'm not impressed with him.

the REAL Madara on the other hand strikes me as more of a threat given that he has TWO real rinnegans, is an unkillable zombie, and is able to drop fucking meteors from space on you. That...seems much more dangerous. :monster:

As for Sasuke. Fuck him. He just needs a spanking. :awesome:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Ok - here we go,

First of all, we have Naruto's new visual form of his Kurama Chakra Mode.

NarutoFace.png

•
KCM2.png

He's now got a cloak that looks a lot like the 4th Hokage's. The cloak ends in nine strips, like the tails of the Kyubi. His eyes have also regained the slitted pupils. It's also interesting that the darker whisker lines and some of his facial features give him an older, more regal appearance. In what is perhaps one of my favorite moments this chapter, Kakashi actually mistakes him for Minato.

SonOfTheFourth.png

Like Mako said, Naruto's movement is on a Kage level now. He manages to flash away FIVE BIJU DAMA and land them all a good number of miles apart. After that, he makes it back to the place he left, and absorbs Kakashi and Gai into Kurama's FULL Chakra Cloak.

One of the things I'm really liking about Naruto's Full Biju Transformation how he and Kurama are linked. The black line that extends from the middle of Naruto's back grows out into Kurama's spine is an awesome visual. I also really like how Kyubi has the marks of the Seal on him, and Naruto shows more of a chakra-form of Kurama's anatomy with the horn-like ears, and (coat)tails. It's an interesting representation of their seal, and might also show why the Chakra Rods are anatomically displaced in the other Biju.

•
KCM.png

The other advantage is that seeing Naruto in Kurama's head makes the techniques really interesting to watch, like Naruto's hand movements being in sync with Kurama's mouth for the Bijudama.

BijuDamaCharge.png

Overall, I'm REALLY digging Naruto's dichotomy between his Father's abilities and those he learned from Jiraiya, and how he's now using clones with different tactical capabilities. He's using his Sage-Mode for identifying threats and for one-on-one tactical moves based on speed and small impact, while using his Biju-Chakra for dealing with multiple opponents, and the versatility of changing his form, and for the raw destructive power it has.

I'm wondering if we'll be seeing the Gama summons appearing anytime soon, or if this and other future situations are starting to get too dangerous for them. Either way, battles like this make me long to see confrontations like the ones between Hanzou and the Sannin.

At the end of it all though, Naruto has been fucking epic lately. Can't wait for more.

X :neo:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
This last chapter was epic. End of story.

But no, really, Kishimoto's doing a great job as of late. Everything's getting really interesting, and stuff like Kurama (i still call him Kyuubi) and Naruto being closely linked now is actually heart-warming (especially after how long we've been following Naruto's adventures for!).

Obviously I want to see the way this develops. However, please remember Kishimoto actually said his plan was to make Naruto vs Sasuke the last battle of the series. Of course, this can change, but if that's the original plan, I think he'll stick to it, seeing just how old things were actually important all along and we didn't even know about it.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I wonder if Naruto's chakra cloak looking like Minato's outfit was an intentional or somehow an unconscious transformation Naruto made after seeing his dead within his own mind?

I really found that appearance of his interesting.

Same question about his previous chakra cloak resembling the appearance of the Sage of the Six Paths.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
tumblr_lyez8dtzyf1r8opveo1_500.png

tumblr_lyez8dtzyf1r8opveo2_500.png

KYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! <-- MinaKushi fangirl

OK, as you were.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I wonder if Naruto's chakra cloak looking like Minato's outfit was an intentional or somehow an unconscious transformation Naruto made after seeing his dead within his own mind?

I really found that appearance of his interesting.

Same question about his previous chakra cloak resembling the appearance of the Sage of the Six Paths.

I feel that this is partially a representation of his own internal ambitions of following in his father's footsteps, and is also somehow intrinsically tied into how his dad sealed a portion of his own chakra into Naruto's seal. I also think that Naruto's innate nature manifesting in the form of the Sage of Six Paths' will is why he has the magatama and other similarities to the Sage (with Sasuke moving towards the Eyes).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I got into a significantly lengthy theorycrafting discussion about Naruto this weekend with one of my friends, and we've come up with a rather interesting theory that I thought I'd share, and get opinions on it. It's a long read, so be prepared.

First, let's tackle Kabuto:

We know that Kabuto was once working for Sasori for a period of time. However, his loyalties shifted towards Orochimaru. Kabuto has long been placed as an agent in several different roles before he began to become infamous and too well known - something he's recently stated that he wants to give up, since it's the major downside of Edo Tensei to him. He's a meticulous information collector, but he specializes in medical techniques - especially in altering the appearance of the dead, and other sorts of manipulation. This is why he's been Orochimaru's right hand man for such a lengthy period of time. This is important to keep in mind when we look into some of Orochimaru's motivations.

To get into Orochimaru's background, we'll need to look into a quick timeline of his actions:

&#8226; Orochimaru's parents are murdered.
&#8226; Orochimaru becomes sadistically obsessed with Kinjutsu and learning all Ninjutsu in the world.
&#8226; Orochimaru, Tsunade, & Jiraiya fight Hanzo, and then encounter Nagato - who Jiraiya is compelled to train after Orochimaru suggests to kill them.
&#8226; Orochimaru infuses Danzo with the First Hokage's DNA, as well as multiple Sharingan.
&#8226; Orochimaru conducts experiments on 60 children, using the First Hokage's DNA.
&#8226; Orochimaru fails to become the Fourth Hokage.
&#8226; Hiruzen becomes aware of Orochimaru's experiments, but lets Orochimaru escape.
&#8226; Orochimaru joins Akatsuki and partners with Sasori.
&#8226; (The Uchiha massacre takes place)
&#8226; Orochimaru fails to take over Itachi's body, losing his hand, and leaving Akatsuki.
&#8226; Sasori sends Kabuto to spy on Orochimaru, but Orochimaru turns him into a double agent.
&#8226; Otogakure is founded.
&#8226; Orochimaru is in Kirigakure, where he obtains Kimimaro after a massacre.
&#8226; (Kimimaro falls ill).
&#8226; Orochimaru finds and Curse Seals Sasuke during the Chunin exam.
&#8226; Sasuke is lured by the quest for power.
&#8226; Sasuke joins Orochimaru
&#8226; Orochimaru embeds himself into Sasuke's seal and feigns death.
&#8226; Orochimaru is released from Sasuke and defeated by Itachi.
&#8226; Orochimaru's preserved hand is attached to Kabuto.
&#8226; Orochimaru's chakra slowly begins to overtake Kabuto's body.
&#8226; Kabuto meets up with Tobi, leading the Konoha ninja there.
&#8226; Kabuto negotiates an alliance for Sasuke.
&#8226; Kabuto negotiates capture of Kyuubi Yamato for a single Zetsu for experimentation.
&#8226; Tobi acknowledges that Orochimaru's thoroughness in his investigation of Akatsuki:
- Knowledge Tobi's identity, Zetsu & his roles, First Hokage's DNA & weaknesses.
&#8226; Kabuto resurrects Madara, and shows full knowledge of his possession of the Rinnegan.

There are several exceptionally interesting points to look at here. Given the nature of his experimentation with Danzo, it's almost guaranteed that Orochimaru had access to Sharingan at that time, due to the sheer number that Danzo had implanted in himself. While some of them may have been added after the Uchiha massacre, I find it unlikely that this sort of creation would have been achieved without Orochimaru's direct assistance. We can also look into the fact that when given MORE than ample opportunity, he intimidates Kakashi, rather than besting him, proving that if his true motivation was simply the acquisition of the Sharingan for its copying capabilities, he could have achieved that long before now, so it's a bit of a Red Herring.

What's interesting to note is that Orochimaru is working towards very similar goals as Madara was, and it's likely that he had found out much hidden information about Madara in his early research into Konoha's Kinjutsu - we know that he had to obtain DNA from the First & Second Hokage's fairly early on, and it makes sense that he'd uncover information about Madara around the same time. This would fuel his belief in the abilitiy to unnaturally be able to extend his own lifespan to achieve his goal.

More than likely he also discovered the capabilities of the Sharingan to evolve into the Rinnegan sometime early into this investigation into Madara's secrets. With the rather extensive amount of research that he's done on the Sharingan via experimentation, he likely knows its full capabilities when transplanted. I would surmise that the Rinnegan evolution is only capable of being achieved through an Uchiha's bloodline, which would point to his need to attempt to take the bodies of Itachi & Sasuke, but ignoring Kakashi and Danzo's Sharingan entirely.

Given this information, I would surmise that in addition to extending his lifespan with the First Hokage's DNA, he wants the ability to copy any ninjutsu with the Sharingan, as well as being able to perform any element of Ninjutsu with the Rinnegan. This means that he had very similar goals as Akatsuki, however he is continually seen working against them, such as letting Team 7 live, in order to better the chances that they kill more members of Akatsuki. I would assume that this comes from a very different opinion as to how the power of the Sage of Six Paths should be used (Moon's Eye Plan), which brings up another point -

Orochimaru was within arm's distance of a Rinnegan user when they're in Amegakure. While it's possible that he just failed to notice it at the time, I have a difficult time believing that there wasn't something going on here, especially since they spent an extensive time being trained under Jiraiya, the opportunity seems to large for him not to have taken advantage of it. First, the events took place within the Second Shinobi World War - a war that is said to have been started by Konoha, where Hanzo and Orochimaru meet in battle. Second, during the Third Shinobi World War, Hanzo calls on the assistance of Danzo to help deal with Nagato. Third, Orochimaru is a member of Akatsuki where Nagato is the leader. Lastly, Nagato is said to have received his Rinnegan from Tobi, and the resurrected Madara displays a knowledge of Nagato as well. Each of these ties into things that Orochimaru was highly interested in, and very likely aware of, given his intricate spying network, and obsession with information.

So where does this put us?

This all plays in to a number of elements that make me think that Orochimaru may have been somehow involved with Tobi. Tobi's physical construction bears a very close resemblance to that of Danzo's arm, as well as the cloning process that Orochimaru later fled Konoha during. If Orochimaru needed an Uchiha's to obtain a functional Rinnegan, one might assume that he would use the First's DNA to create a body that could then copy Madara's chakra and physiology. With Sharingan, he would then be able to eventually unlock the Rinnegan, as Orochimaru had hoped. However, despite the fact that this seems ideal physically, We've seen that Tobi is unable to use any Ninjutsu aside from those granted by his implanted Sharingan (and later Rinnegan), making him essentially useless to Orochimaru if he wanted to use the body to master ninjutsu. If he was constructed as a clone in this way, he may have actually been nameless, and just abandoned, like most of Orochimaru's other research. After this failure, he would need to attempt to synthasize the First Hokage's DNA into a living being, because Tobi failed to fufil Orochimaru's ambitions as a host. This would lead to the construction of the 60 clones that he was banished from Konoha for abducting and experimenting on.

Whether or not Tobi begins acting on his own, or if he is being controlled from another source is unknown, but what's interesting is that Tobi's movements coincide with many of Orochimaru's own. The difficulty is attempting to pinpoint a timeline as to when Tobi was where. Perhaps earliest, Tobi is responsible for the attack on Minato - the man who took the position of Fourth Hokage from Orochimaru. Tobi is also seen controlling the Third Mizukage, a Jinchuriki who was responsible for vast amounts of bloodshed in Kirigakure, during the same period of time where Orochimaru managed to find the sole survivor of the Kaguya clan - Kimimaro. Tobi also aids in the Uchiha Massacre, eliminating almost all of the remaining Sharingan. Tobi's current ambition also lies with the Rinnegan, and the power of the Sage of Six Paths.

If it became clear to Orochimaru after being within Akatsuki that Tobi was somehow connected to the organization, he would almost certainly distance himself from it. This may have become apparent around the time of the Uchiha massacre, which coincides with Itachi's arrival, and likely this information becoming available to him. While he failed to take the Sharingan, he would begin manipulating other events into motion, and attempting to cause national destabilization. When the Shippuden arc takes place, we find that he and Kabuto continually allow Naruto to live, and even leak information to them about Akatsuki, in order to help stop it from achieving its goal. The only point at which a goal is struck is when Sasuke becomes available as a bargaining token, which brings up another important point: Orochimaru's end game.

If he hadn't been foiled by Itachi, Orochimaru would have managed to hide his existence inside the cursed seal, and take Sasuke over during a moment of weakness when he had managed to achieve the level of development that Orochimaru desired. This reinforces two things; one - Orochimaru isn't interested in JUST a Sharingan, and two - he worked a plan into play that explicitly removes him from being considered on the playing field of current dangerous opponents. If appearing to die, while remaining a threat was a game plan of his, it's assumed that Kabuto may be attempting to carry this through with his own actions. Joining Akatsuki, and using their forces to bolster the chances of obtaining all of the Biju, while simultaneously working Tobi into a position where all attention is focused on him would be perfectly according to plan.

Another point that seems to support this is the fact that Itachi is moving in to deal with Kabuto. Itachi's primary role in the manga has served to work against Orochimaru, and his knowledge of Orochimaru and the presence of the Edo Tensei jutsu is enough to make it imperative that he look into that's taking place. My question is whether or not Orochimaru would be able to escape another encounter with Itachi, and if so - how. I'm curious if Kabuto may be attempting to the one Zetsu he received to give Orochimaru a temporary body before he's overtaken, but the question then remains whether or not Orochimaru's chakra/physiology would be able to overtake a body like that, similar to what it's done with Kabuto.

The other thing to note about Orochimaru's return is that it would provide a strong bit of story motivation for Suigetsu and Jugo, since we've been seeing them on and off recently, and I'm not sure how else they fit into the current mix of events. It also brings Zetsu's role into question. We know that he's been recording both Naruto & Sasuke's important conflicts and monitoring their growth carefully, but we STILL don't know anything about him, or his motivations. Hell, he could even have been one of Orochimaru's experiments with the First's DNA. Either way, it's a lot of food for thought.

I figured that some of you might enjoy the read and have some comments on the idea. ^_^

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I got into a significantly lengthy theorycrafting discussion about Naruto this weekend with one of my friends, and we've come up with a rather interesting theory that I thought I'd share, and get opinions on it. It's a long read, so be prepared.

First, let's tackle Kabuto:

We know that Kabuto was once working for Sasori for a period of time. However, his loyalties shifted towards Orochimaru. Kabuto has long been placed as an agent in several different roles before he began to become infamous and too well known - something he's recently stated that he wants to give up, since it's the major downside of Edo Tensei to him. He's a meticulous information collector, but he specializes in medical techniques - especially in altering the appearance of the dead, and other sorts of manipulation. This is why he's been Orochimaru's right hand man for such a lengthy period of time. This is important to keep in mind when we look into some of Orochimaru's motivations.

To get into Orochimaru's background, we'll need to look into a quick timeline of his actions:

• Orochimaru's parents are murdered.
• Orochimaru becomes sadistically obsessed with Kinjutsu and learning all Ninjutsu in the world.
• Orochimaru, Tsunade, & Jiraiya fight Hanzo, and then encounter Nagato - who Jiraiya is compelled to train after Orochimaru suggests to kill them.
• Orochimaru infuses Danzo with the First Hokage's DNA, as well as multiple Sharingan.
• Orochimaru conducts experiments on 60 children, using the First Hokage's DNA.
• Orochimaru fails to become the Fourth Hokage.
• Hiruzen becomes aware of Orochimaru's experiments, but lets Orochimaru escape.
• Orochimaru joins Akatsuki and partners with Sasori.
• (The Uchiha massacre takes place)
• Orochimaru fails to take over Itachi's body, losing his hand, and leaving Akatsuki.
• Sasori sends Kabuto to spy on Orochimaru, but Orochimaru turns him into a double agent.
• Otogakure is founded.
• Orochimaru is in Kirigakure, where he obtains Kimimaro after a massacre.
• (Kimimaro falls ill).
• Orochimaru finds and Curse Seals Sasuke during the Chunin exam.
• Sasuke is lured by the quest for power.
• Sasuke joins Orochimaru
• Orochimaru embeds himself into Sasuke's seal and feigns death.
• Orochimaru is released from Sasuke and defeated by Itachi.
• Orochimaru's preserved hand is attached to Kabuto.
• Orochimaru's chakra slowly begins to overtake Kabuto's body.
• Kabuto meets up with Tobi, leading the Konoha ninja there.
• Kabuto negotiates an alliance for Sasuke.
• Kabuto negotiates capture of Kyuubi Yamato for a single Zetsu for experimentation.
• Tobi acknowledges that Orochimaru's thoroughness in his investigation of Akatsuki:
- Knowledge Tobi's identity, Zetsu & his roles, First Hokage's DNA & weaknesses.
• Kabuto resurrects Madara, and shows full knowledge of his possession of the Rinnegan.

There are several exceptionally interesting points to look at here. Given the nature of his experimentation with Danzo, it's almost guaranteed that Orochimaru had access to Sharingan at that time, due to the sheer number that Danzo had implanted in himself. While some of them may have been added after the Uchiha massacre, I find it unlikely that this sort of creation would have been achieved without Orochimaru's direct assistance. We can also look into the fact that when given MORE than ample opportunity, he intimidates Kakashi, rather than besting him, proving that if his true motivation was simply the acquisition of the Sharingan for its copying capabilities, he could have achieved that long before now, so it's a bit of a Red Herring.

What's interesting to note is that Orochimaru is working towards very similar goals as Madara was, and it's likely that he had found out much hidden information about Madara in his early research into Konoha's Kinjutsu - we know that he had to obtain DNA from the First & Second Hokage's fairly early on, and it makes sense that he'd uncover information about Madara around the same time. This would fuel his belief in the abilitiy to unnaturally be able to extend his own lifespan to achieve his goal.

More than likely he also discovered the capabilities of the Sharingan to evolve into the Rinnegan sometime early into this investigation into Madara's secrets. With the rather extensive amount of research that he's done on the Sharingan via experimentation, he likely knows its full capabilities when transplanted. I would surmise that the Rinnegan evolution is only capable of being achieved through an Uchiha's bloodline, which would point to his need to attempt to take the bodies of Itachi & Sasuke, but ignoring Kakashi and Danzo's Sharingan entirely.

Given this information, I would surmise that in addition to extending his lifespan with the First Hokage's DNA, he wants the ability to copy any ninjutsu with the Sharingan, as well as being able to perform any element of Ninjutsu with the Rinnegan. This means that he had very similar goals as Akatsuki, however he is continually seen working against them, such as letting Team 7 live, in order to better the chances that they kill more members of Akatsuki. I would assume that this comes from a very different opinion as to how the power of the Sage of Six Paths should be used (Moon's Eye Plan), which brings up another point -

Orochimaru was within arm's distance of a Rinnegan user when they're in Amegakure. While it's possible that he just failed to notice it at the time, I have a difficult time believing that there wasn't something going on here, especially since they spent an extensive time being trained under Jiraiya, the opportunity seems to large for him not to have taken advantage of it. First, the events took place within the Second Shinobi World War - a war that is said to have been started by Konoha, where Hanzo and Orochimaru meet in battle. Second, during the Third Shinobi World War, Hanzo calls on the assistance of Danzo to help deal with Nagato. Third, Orochimaru is a member of Akatsuki where Nagato is the leader. Lastly, Nagato is said to have received his Rinnegan from Tobi, and the resurrected Madara displays a knowledge of Nagato as well. Each of these ties into things that Orochimaru was highly interested in, and very likely aware of, given his intricate spying network, and obsession with information.

So where does this put us?

This all plays in to a number of elements that make me think that Orochimaru may have been somehow involved with Tobi. Tobi's physical construction bears a very close resemblance to that of Danzo's arm, as well as the cloning process that Orochimaru later fled Konoha during. If Orochimaru needed an Uchiha's to obtain a functional Rinnegan, one might assume that he would use the First's DNA to create a body that could then copy Madara's chakra and physiology. With Sharingan, he would then be able to eventually unlock the Rinnegan, as Orochimaru had hoped. However, despite the fact that this seems ideal physically, We've seen that Tobi is unable to use any Ninjutsu aside from those granted by his implanted Sharingan (and later Rinnegan), making him essentially useless to Orochimaru if he wanted to use the body to master ninjutsu. If he was constructed as a clone in this way, he may have actually been nameless, and just abandoned, like most of Orochimaru's other research. After this failure, he would need to attempt to synthasize the First Hokage's DNA into a living being, because Tobi failed to fufil Orochimaru's ambitions as a host. This would lead to the construction of the 60 clones that he was banished from Konoha for abducting and experimenting on.

Whether or not Tobi begins acting on his own, or if he is being controlled from another source is unknown, but what's interesting is that Tobi's movements coincide with many of Orochimaru's own. The difficulty is attempting to pinpoint a timeline as to when Tobi was where. Perhaps earliest, Tobi is responsible for the attack on Minato - the man who took the position of Fourth Hokage from Orochimaru. Tobi is also seen controlling the Third Mizukage, a Jinchuriki who was responsible for vast amounts of bloodshed in Kirigakure, during the same period of time where Orochimaru managed to find the sole survivor of the Kaguya clan - Kimimaro. Tobi also aids in the Uchiha Massacre, eliminating almost all of the remaining Sharingan. Tobi's current ambition also lies with the Rinnegan, and the power of the Sage of Six Paths.

If it became clear to Orochimaru after being within Akatsuki that Tobi was somehow connected to the organization, he would almost certainly distance himself from it. This may have become apparent around the time of the Uchiha massacre, which coincides with Itachi's arrival, and likely this information becoming available to him. While he failed to take the Sharingan, he would begin manipulating other events into motion, and attempting to cause national destabilization. When the Shippuden arc takes place, we find that he and Kabuto continually allow Naruto to live, and even leak information to them about Akatsuki, in order to help stop it from achieving its goal. The only point at which a goal is struck is when Sasuke becomes available as a bargaining token, which brings up another important point: Orochimaru's end game.

If he hadn't been foiled by Itachi, Orochimaru would have managed to hide his existence inside the cursed seal, and take Sasuke over during a moment of weakness when he had managed to achieve the level of development that Orochimaru desired. This reinforces two things; one - Orochimaru isn't interested in JUST a Sharingan, and two - he worked a plan into play that explicitly removes him from being considered on the playing field of current dangerous opponents. If appearing to die, while remaining a threat was a game plan of his, it's assumed that Kabuto may be attempting to carry this through with his own actions. Joining Akatsuki, and using their forces to bolster the chances of obtaining all of the Biju, while simultaneously working Tobi into a position where all attention is focused on him would be perfectly according to plan.

Another point that seems to support this is the fact that Itachi is moving in to deal with Kabuto. Itachi's primary role in the manga has served to work against Orochimaru, and his knowledge of Orochimaru and the presence of the Edo Tensei jutsu is enough to make it imperative that he look into that's taking place. My question is whether or not Orochimaru would be able to escape another encounter with Itachi, and if so - how. I'm curious if Kabuto may be attempting to the one Zetsu he received to give Orochimaru a temporary body before he's overtaken, but the question then remains whether or not Orochimaru's chakra/physiology would be able to overtake a body like that, similar to what it's done with Kabuto.

The other thing to note about Orochimaru's return is that it would provide a strong bit of story motivation for Suigetsu and Jugo, since we've been seeing them on and off recently, and I'm not sure how else they fit into the current mix of events. It also brings Zetsu's role into question. We know that he's been recording both Naruto & Sasuke's important conflicts and monitoring their growth carefully, but we STILL don't know anything about him, or his motivations. Hell, he could even have been one of Orochimaru's experiments with the First's DNA. Either way, it's a lot of food for thought.

I figured that some of you might enjoy the read and have some comments on the idea. ^_^

Two things, the timeline goes obtaining Kimimaro>obtaining Juugo> developing Curse Seal>parting ways with Anko.

And also
• Orochimaru embeds himself into Sasuke's seal and feigns death.

Oro didn't feign death. Sasuke clearly already knew he was there when they had there little strategy meet during the Itachi fight. Orochimaru tried to take over Sasuke's body, lost and was basically imprisoned inside him.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Two things, the timeline goes obtaining Kimimaro>obtaining Juugo> developing Curse Seal>parting ways with Anko.

Ah, yeah. I skipped over a few of the parts in his timeline, but thanks for pointing those out.

Oro didn't feign death. Sasuke clearly already knew he was there when they had there little strategy meet during the Itachi fight. Orochimaru tried to take over Sasuke's body, lost and was basically imprisoned inside him.

I don't recall any indication that Sasuke has any awareness of Orochimaru's continued conscious existence within his own body. After the Soul Transfer ritual, Sasuke rather definitively claims to have killed Orochimaru for a good length of time. Up until Orochimaru starts taking to Sasuke just before he physically tears out of his shoulder after Itachi's Susano'o appears, I don't believe that there was any indication that Sasuke suspected he was alive still, aside from perhaps some phrasing in 346.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Ah, yeah. I skipped over a few of the parts in his timeline, but thanks for pointing those out.

I don't recall any indication that Sasuke has any awareness of Orochimaru's continued conscious existence within his own body. After the Soul Transfer ritual, Sasuke rather definitively claims to have killed Orochimaru for a good length of time. Up until Orochimaru starts taking to Sasuke just before he physically tears out of his shoulder after Itachi's Susano'o appears, I don't believe that there was any indication that Sasuke suspected he was alive still, aside from perhaps some phrasing in 346.

Well, I'd expect Sasuke to be more shocked or at least mildly surprised when Orochimaru starts talking to him. Instead it didn't phase him at all.

I'm sure he talks as though Oro is dead, it suits Sasuke's purposes much more if Karin, Juugo and Kabuto think that. Otherwise they might just try to free him.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
@Trainer Red: the last 3-4 episodes have been back to the canon material (started on Jan 5th).

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Not entirely sure, im thinking it may have something to do with
the fact that they were once all one entity, being split there names may be somewhat important and once Naruto learns all of them he is that closer to knowing more about the original tailed beast?
Just speculation mind you.

That said, the chapter was amazing, im loving the fact it's showing more and more links between Naruto and the Sage. It's really enforcing the whole two brothers of the sage idea between Naruto and Sasuke.

I have a sneaking suspicion though that Naruto may have somehow learned more from each tailed beast as well as gained a bit of chakra before they were sucked back up.

Would be awesome to see Kurama and Naruto pull out some special tailed beast moves :P

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
I loved two things in this chapter:

1) the way that Naruto/Kurama used the Chakra Tails as claws to remove the Chakra Rods from the Tailed Beasts and 2)Kumara making fun of Naruto for never kissing a girl, but kissing Sasuke instead. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
This chapter had a lot, but left me wanting some things as well.

Yagura is naturally the representative of the Jinchuriki & Biju. What's surprising is that we actually get a good feel for Roshi & Son's relationship, where Roshi knew that 4-Tails had a name, but still treated him like a beast, and even in the end could only bring himself to refer to him as "Son."

Aside from that, it's unclear how close the other Jinchuriki and their Biju's relationships were, even though we see all of them together in this chapter. Everyone at least seems to be aware (or unsurprised) by their Biju's name. It's not clear if this was something that they knew in life (like with Gaara & Shukaku) or if it's due to the (re)merging of their Edo Tensei'd selves and the Biju's chakra. I personally would find it rather surprising that Konoha would be the only Hidden Village that had Jinchuriki that didn't know their Biju's real name.

When the Sage of Six Paths is addressing all of them, there's a significant translation difference between Mangastream & Mangareader, where small sections of both seem to make more sense. I'll drop in my version that's just a shuffling of the english in both, and attempting to make them fit better in context.

"I'm not going to be around for much longer... Shukaku, Matatabi, Isobu, Son Goku, Kokuo, Saiken, Chomei, Gyuki, Kurama; Even though you've been separated now, you will always be linked together. The day will come where you will be reunited as one. Now that each of you has a name and a new form - unlike when you were sealed within me - seek out a righteous path. So, that when that day comes, you will know what true strength is."

The Seal that is on the ground (roughly in the form of the Jubi's eye), seems to be how he divided the Jubi into the Nine Biju, which is why they're so young. This also matches the eye and the nine magatama on the back of his jacket. The "separate but linked" refers to them being able to communicate telepathically, but being physically distinctive. That leads in to the quote about their individual forms, and attempting to discover the right path, so that when they reach the point of becoming one again, they'll recognize true strength (Love vs. Power). I think that's why they're all wrapped up in Naruto wanting to save them, and this flashback gets remembered.

It'll be intersting to see where things go from here, since Gedo Mazo is still functional, and assumedly (at least mostly) fully powered. I have the feeling that this confrontation is far from over, and I've still got that sinking feeling about Bee...

On a side note: The closeup of the 5-Tails makes it look kind of adorable, and I loved that all the tail-hands had Naruto clones in them. Also - Naruto's "things have changed, because I just remembered a bunch of tough names at once" made me laugh.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I wonder how literal the Sage of Six Paths is when he says that the biju will have to be reunited as one eventually. Does he actually mean combine physically and reform the Ten-Tails as a force of good or does he mean more in the spiritual sense where their sense of self-elightment and righteous path are the same? I would slightly surprised if its the former because I would think that the biju's value their individuality and would not want to lose that.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Yagura is NOT what I had envisioned. I expected Tobi's eternal mindslave that brought about the Era of the Bloody Mist would be a lot less chipper.

Top Bottom