Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Madara seems to be developing a certain fixation on Onooki's resolve and a certain need to break his will.

Because they knew each other, and because Oonoki's kind of the leader of the Kages now. Not because he's above them, but because he was the one who trusted them the less and he learned to trust them, to work alongside them, and he's giving himself completely to the Shinobi Alliance.

Also, his combat experience means he knows how to fight a bit more effectively than the others. That's why his will, his resolve, is so important.

Mirai Zack Fair

Rookie Adventurer
This all being said, this week's chapter of Bleach starting its own war made me miss when it felt like some of the familiar characters were in more conceivably immediate danger. The last seriously grevious injury by a familiar party was... really when Sasuke got his chest ripped open by Bee. The last one by a non-new ally that I can recall was Hinata's near death, then back to Kakashi's temporary death, Jiraiya's death, Asuma's death, Neji/Chouji's near Death, the 3rd Hokage's death, and Lee's disfiguration. For being a rather enormous war, it hasn't felt as personally devastating towards our familiar characters as I'd thought it would.

Actually, I felt both depressed and angry when Sasuke seemingly captured Killer Bee with Amatarasu...

However, after reading Chapter 419 (the chapter that shows that the "Killer Bee" that Sasuke had captured was just a octopus tentacle, and the real Killer Bee was hiding inside of the severed ocopus tentacle at the bottom of the lake), I felt estatic that Killer Bee was able to trick both Sasuke and the Atatsuki. Reading that chapter (and the spoilers) really made my day when it was released almost four years ago.

A fight to save the world is intense, but it doesn't connect nearly as strongly as a fight for the people we care about. The dead being back was emotionally taxing on a number of them, though most of that's passed now (unless Dan & Hizashi actually make an appearance in the next few chapters before Edo Tensei dies out). There's still conflict going on, but I have a hard time seeing it moving into any serious personal casualties now that Kabuto's pretty much been stopped. I wouldn't put it past Tobi to pull some crazy shit still, and I'd really love to see it happen still, but I'm kinda thinking that it's past the prime time to focus on it, ya know?
X :neo:

I felt disappointed that we never got to see Dan's Ghost Transformation Jutsu. I wanted to see if it was like Minato's Hiraishin or Tobi's Space-Time Jutsu.

I know that I mentioned this before, but I was very disappointed that we did not get to see more of the Edo Jinchuuriiki's personalities. While it showed that they were not the hateful people that Deidara claimed they were, I wanted to see more of their personalities expanded. Such as if Fuu (the Nanabi Jinchuuriki) was a tomboy or the shy quiet type, and if Han (the Gobi Jinchuuriki) was the strong silent type or a smart ass like Genma Shiranui and the Second Mizukage.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I dunno if anyone has been watching lately, but the war started in the anime a few weeks ago. The 7 swordsmen just showed up at the end of this week's episode. I've really been enjoying the anime a lot lately. I think that the feeling of the war carries over especially well in the anime. (I actually enjoyed the original series flashback that they did before that too).

Either way, you guys should check out the anime again if you haven't been.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
6th shipuuden movie is looking to be an interesting one. ITobi traps Naruto andd Sakura in Tsukiyomi where it is opposite day and Minato and Kushina are alive, Sasuke is a nice girlloving guy, Hinata's arrogant as hell, Shikamaru's IQ is in the single digits, Ino is demure and bookish, Gai is sombre and Kakashi is hotblooded.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Also, the fact that Masashi Kishimoto is doing the artwork, character design, AND the story for this movie - instead of just doing some minor promo material, has me quite interested.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
This was an awesome chapter!!

Madara's Complete Susano'o is insane!!!

And though the Edo Tensei has been broken, something tells that Madara is not done yet.

Kabuto is cunning enough to have a backup plan to prevent the loss of his "ace-in-the-hole".

And the fact that Madara was the only pawn that wasn't shown to be freed kinda hints at that.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm surprised we didn't see Hizashi this entire time. Here's to hoping that the anime does something with him. I really liked how Sasuke explained that being with his brother again makes him feel like he did in the past, which makes his pain and hatred that much more poignant. Despite really liking Sasuke's arc, this one was especially meaningful to me, probably because it's about the relationship between an older and younger brother, which makes me think about my growing up dynamic with my little brother. ^^; I can't wait to see Itachi's final statement.

Also- Pure Susano'o is badass. Nice to show another landscape shifting battle, which is foreshadowing for the final epic conflict, I'm sure. I'm expecting we'll jump to Naruto again soon in a couple/few chapters.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red

Also, the fact that Masashi Kishimoto is doing the artwork, character design, AND the story for this movie - instead of just doing some minor promo material, has me quite interested.

Would this movie mean more Minato and Kushina screentime?! :joy:

Z

Zealkin

Thank God, Kishimoto's actually going to write the plot for this next movie, i stopped liking them after the first shippuden movie. This one sounds interesting!

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It even ends with a forehead-tap fakeout. TT__TT

It was nice to see Itachi setting up insurances for Sasuke's survival everywhere. I wasn't expecting to see him murdering his parents though, and that scene was especially emotional. I'm also glad that there wasn't any additional detail on Tobi's involvement aside from what we already know. It also provided closure for Shisui, which was wonderful, especially after his character has ended up being an important piece in everything.

Lastly, great tension management with the Kage and Naruto, getting us ready to plunge back into combat. Marvelous chapter, and I can't wait for more!

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Hey Guys, a bit of an off-topic question, but does anyone knows the name of the composer(s) of Naruto Shippuden's OST? Thanks in advance :)

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Yasuharu Takanashi, at least for the first OST (might be more than 1 now I dunno).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I liked the mangapanda translation better, but mangastream does a bit better with the final page.

The part with Dan telling Tsunade that she was his dream made me all sad smiles. I'm hoping that the anime does something with Hizashi, since he was the only unused Edo Tensei (whose story I really wanted to see, too). One wonders why Madara didn't activate this earlier, but either way, I'm curious how they're gonna handle him now.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Well, now that Edo Tensei itself is not an issue, and the focus is now on Tobi and the badassness that is Madara, i wonder if Sasuke will let Kabuto traped in Itachi's Jutsu or deliver the final blow...

Top Bottom