• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I think X's point is that if you want to talk about the negative/critical aspects of the Naruto series there are lots of places you can do that online. It's really difficult to find places to talk neutrally about the series, let alone praise it.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, some exciting news. While the Naruto hiden stories are all just light novels, it looks like there's a strong possibility that Ultimate Ninja Storm 4's DLC is gonna be doing Shikamaru & Gaara's Hiden Stories as DLC.

Since the UNS games have been my alternate to the anime for the voice-acted and animated manga content, I couldn't be more pleased that there's a possibility for the Hiden content to be translated into this format.

X :neo:

Splintered

unsavory tart
Feels like this is going the way of dragon ball gt or yugioh. I have no idea how to feel about that, I don't know how strong of the new generation is for an entire serialization.

But if it's fun then there's no down side, and if it's bad I can just claim fanon. Also it feels like every hiden will get an adaptation except Sakura, further proving that all my favorites will always be shit on. I hope the new guy does female characters a bit more justice.

Splintered

unsavory tart
That art is... something else. It's weird because I remember seeing his art years ago and really liking it.

This one specifically
CWmxP9UUsAQC6gX.jpg

I love the style. But now he's doing the serialization he's doing his best to conform to Kishi's art style and the result is pretty unflattering. Lacking all of the really great atmosphere and personality but not enough like Kishimoto's for it to pass effortlessly. It's like... a really uncomfortable uncanny valley.

I'd be okay with it if they are like "You know what, go crazy. Do what you need to do." Then we less of awkward art and more of things like

tumblr_nzllzsBfUy1rh5eero1_540.jpg

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The special version of the Boruto BluRay/DVD is coming with an anime short rendition of The Day Naruto Became Hokage, which I NEED. http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/04/new-naruto-anime-special-the-day-naruto-became-hokage/

Additionally, Koshimoto's Mitsuki One-Shot is online, and it is SOOOOOOOOOO interesting: http://readms.com/r/naruto/Side Story/3368/1

And I think that The Last & Mitsuki's One-Shot are connected: http://xsoldier.tumblr.com/post/143644368055/has-anyone-else-noticed-that-when-mitsuki-finally

Splintered

unsavory tart
It's also going to involve Kakashi & Gai:
The only pairing worth any shit. Best.

--
Boruto is out and it's literally just a rehash of The Last in the awkward hybrid art that refuses to be 100% Kishimoto's or the new guy's.

There's a little bit of a flash forward in the beginning I suppose
for a village that's meant to be the strongest of the nations, it can't catch a break.

>I don't believe for a second Naruto is dead, but if he is, he's got more balls than Kishimoto. But I've thought for like a decade that Naruto might end in his death. But to die early in a sequel is a bitch move.

>Bortuo has a transplanted byakugan that's pretty cool.

>Sasuke looks like Snape.

> The only character that looks good in this new style is the new guy, because the artist has a distinct style that looks good with certain character designs, and he was allowed to do so with this new guy. I wish I could have seen a unique manga by this artist first, I'd like to see him work on something his own.

>I lied ChouChou looks better in his style. Inojin's personality looks like it changed a little.

> InoShikaChou was one of the best teams in the series, I'm glad it's making a reappearance. Moegi being their sensei was a... choice. I'm not saying it's an interesting choice because nobody really cares about Moegi.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I've heard that it's out in RAW form somewhereabouts, but I'm still only seeing Reddit spoiler summary poasts, so I'll just avoid them until I get in and actually read it as a scanslation somewhere since anything else isn't really a decent look at what the comic's properly like (nor is it completely trustworthy).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The manga is properly out now, and it looks like aside from the aforementioned flashback is directly covering the content from the film, with little extra bits along with it. I'm curious where it'll go, but I have to say that the art is disconcerting at times. Hinata looks really weird proportionally as do the rest of the girls, and sometimes you can tell Naruto looks different, but the style floats around. I'm thinking that we'll get a bit of a jump in the series to what we flashed forward to at the start, and hopefully that'll let him be in that style more completely.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Odd timing to adapt that side story.

Good news, next week we´re returning to canon :)

Summaries for the next 2 episodes.

470 (August 4):
The Connected Feelings - Only Sasuke has been unfortunately sent to a different space, and Sakura and Obito will start searching for him by joining forces.

471 (August 11):
I'm Always Watching Them ( I am watching those two earnestly )
Obito uses up all his strength as he has not been able to keep his promise. Meanwhile, Kakashi cannot get involved in the fierce fight between Naruto and Kaguya.

SOURCE.

Really looking forward to episode 471. Kakashi fans will be really please with what will happen there :excited:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I really am excited to have another series by him, whatever it is. I just hope that it doesn't consume his life too completely, because the man deserves any relaxation he wants at this point.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
It's likely it to be a monthly manga as he has previously said multiple times, he can no longer keep up with the same pace he used to now that he's in his 40s.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
THE FINALE (kinda) HAS COME GUYS!!!

My thoughts on the episodes:

I´m pleased that the fight lasted only 2 episodes rather than dragging for another one, short and sweet, 2 episodes was just the right lenght.

I like that they decided not to go crazy in putting too much extra stuff in the fight ( more jutsus, making longer certain sequences).

Solid animation all around but episode 167 still remains the best the TV anime has ever been animated.

Overall:

Directing: 5/5
Animation: 4/5
Sound Design: 5/5
Art: 3/5
Total: 4/5

Top Bottom