New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

Splintered

unsavory tart
It's amazing how much better Vaan's design becomes when you just throw a shirt on him.

Also green haired Terra is best Terra.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Cloud looks amazing in his ACC attire and his fusion sword included too! I've actually always prefered Cloud's ACC costume like how I've prefered Sora's KH2 outfit.

Both Cloud and Sora need to be played in their ACC and KH2 outfits more. Both of them are seen in their original attires waaaay too much.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I kind of feel the opposite about Cloud's AC outfit. I've always hated it and thought it got too much exposure. :monster:

I'd much prefer they went with his Shin-Ra soldier uniform as an alternate. I don't know how easily they could just import the model from Crisis Core, but it would be nice.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I've always loved Cloud's AC outfit (sans sleeve) but to be honest it's kind of expected by this point. I wouldn't mind something new.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I've always loved Cloud's AC outfit (sans sleeve)

This is an important distinction. I mean, it's fine in Dissidia or whatever, it's how he looked most of the movie. But WHY is the sleeve back in Dirge?! It was to cover his Geostigma!

Maybe Cloud liked it so much that he's gotten used to it and made a replacement of re-stitching or somewhere along the lines after the movie. That's what I think that makes sense anyway.

Kind of like how Reno wears goggles on his head with no explainations(Cid wears goggles too but he has an excuse due to being a machanic). Or how in the Pokemon anime no matter how many times Jessie's hair is cut off, it goes back to normal in the later episodes or in the middle of an episode, yet no one even knows how that happens.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
:rolleyes: Yeah sure let's go with that.

Loving Terra, Squall, and Ramza here.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Finally, a proper sprite Terra. Miles better than the recolour she had before. This gives me hope that a steam/console port is on the way.

I don't recognise that last stage that Ramza was fighting in though. Ah, it's the XIV stage, Porta Decumana​

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I like AC Cloud quite a bit, sleeve or no sleeve but I definitely feel it gets overexposed.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/DFF/event/event2.html

is that little chibi artwork of cloud and lightning new or is it from something else? (also i like that shantotto's looks basically the same http://www.jp.square-enix.com/DFF/common/images/event/event2/final_goods14.jpg )

also they call this a pizza which seems off to me because that's not the pizza i'm used to but i kind of want to try one now
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/DFF/common/images/event/event2/final_cafe04.png

according to that page along with stuff about this game and its sister title, the arcade theatrhythm game, there's an announcement about a as-of-yet-unseen related smart phone title

which i have a suspicion will just be some kind of companion app for looking at your rankings and shit but i base that on nothing but the anticipation of disappointment when the words 'smart phone' appear

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I'm probably alone on this but I prefer Cloud's KH1 appearance(Dat badass Vincent mix).

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I wouldn't have been upset if they had kept it for KH2...but I never understood that outfit anyway. Why is the sword wrapped in toilet paper? Why is he cosplaying as Vincent?

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I wouldn't have been upset if they had kept it for KH2...but I never understood that outfit anyway. Why is the sword wrapped in toilet paper? Why is he cosplaying as Vincent?
It may sound absurd, but don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed/
I may be disturbed, but won't you concede/
Even heroes have the right to dream

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
True, the bandages were silly. And the only thing that carried over. :monster:

But come on, the cape and the glove were cool.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
They were a tribute to Vincent. He was planned to appear alongside Cloud, but got cut. So they transferred the cape and glove to Cloud. From the wiki:

Vincent was originally intended to appear in Kingdom Hearts with Cloud, but it was decided to remove him due their similar brooding personalities and aspects of his design were worked into Cloud's new design for the series, which has been used for all of Cloud's appearances in the series thus far, with the exception of Kingdom Hearts II.

I'd love to see it return in this one. As well as the G bike exclusive one, and his Shinra grunt costume.

I'd also love to see Tyro in this, using his Grimoires.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I thought I read somewhere Disney made them drop Vincent because of his gun.

I guess that was wrong...

Top Bottom