New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Come to think of it, I sort of wish they used the graphic engines and designs from Dissidia 2015 game for FFVII:Remake instead of what they're using now.

I much like the...whatever the engines the guys who did Dynasty Warriors franchise and co-worked with Nintendo to make Hyrule Warriors much better than Square Enix is working with on the Remake right now.

I mean, it's much closer to being the true Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts than the...edgy feeling the Remake will no doubt have. Plus, that's much better suited for PS4 than Avalanche Studios. Don't you think?

Not sure if I like Terra with green hair or blondie hair better. I like what they did with using Tidus's old attire, Kain's surprised me, Lightning's FFXIII-2 attire was "Meh", and we all know I love Cloud's AC attire. Vaan's isn't that bad, Kefka's was butt ugly in my opinion, not too certain about the rest of them.

I'm hoping against hope that the new character reveal will be Vincent.(As much as I want Reno, Zack, Genesis, Rinoa, Serah and Ashe, that's not gonna happen)

Splintered

unsavory tart
I have a feeling like the new character is Noctis. Now that the game is almost out, seems about right for a cross promotional.

Come to think of it, I sort of wish they used the graphic engines and designs from Dissidia 2015 game for FFVII:Remake instead of what they're using now.
I was just thinking this. FF should have not gone the route of more realistic, it looks ugly and awkward. You can get better graphics and not bother with photorealism, nobody wants it. Honestly the graphics in Dissidia/FFXIV/FFXIII seems to be the best medium for their style.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'm still not quite sure how I feel about this 3 on 3 chaos play.

If this game actually has 1 on 1 mode, I'd enjoy it more I think. The whole team battle thing kinda takes away from the unique interactions Duodecim had.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
ace was my favourite character to use in type-0 so i'm kind of pleased about that :sadpanda:

And he sorta is like the leader/face of the crew both in the game and novel so it makes sense I guess.

Also new gods apparently.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
This explains the chibi characters on the site, and why Seymour's Va was there...So much for Seymour and Vanille appearing in the main game...

There are a lot of new characters in there:

Warrior of Light
Garland
Firion
Onion Knight
Cecil
Bartz
Terra
Kefka
Cloud
Tifa
Yuffie
Laguna(Shown in artwork)
Seifer
Fujin
Raijin
Zidane
Vivi
Steiner
Kuja
Yuna
Seymour
Vaan
Penelo
Sazh
Hope
Y'shtola
Yda
Rem
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08...issidia-final-fantasy-opera-omnia-for-mobile/
Stages I noticed were:

Cornelia Plains
Phantom Forest?
Bresha Ruins?
Narshe Plains
Castle
Besaid

The website also lists Shantotto:
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/DFFOO/character/

I'm not too wild on the chibi design though.

Also here is Ace's trailer:

The new Gods are also called Spiritus and Materia.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i'm surprised that they went with what looks like an actual game for the mobile app (free to play but that's to be expected nowadays)

i will need a phone with larger storage for that though, i just about manage with what i have now :sadpanda:

Splintered

unsavory tart
I actually think Ace would be interesting gameplay mechanics wise and I actually enjoyed type0 so this is okay for me. And they put in the best song from the game, the ost wasn't as fantastic as most games but I loved that track especially.

The new gods look like they are starting to think about story although that character design is butt ugly, who designed that crap? It doesn't look godly at all, it just looks like plastic netting or something. But at least she looks more proactive than Cosmos.

Man I can't wait to play the nonexistent console version when it comes out in the states on my imaginary release date.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Congrats to Ace on getting in Dissidia, that's 2/3 of the FNC trio in Dissidia now.

I miss Cosmos and Chaos already.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I wish it wasn't chibified but I might never get the game anyways, who knows. :closedmonster:

Also I got mixed feelings about the new gods. I mean they look all right, but... they look... I dunno.... more stereotypical now...? As in, y'know, baddie with silver hair and handsome demon look, good girl with colorful hair, ect.
Granted, Cosmos and Chaos were pretty 'stereotypical' in their own rights, Chaos being a warped looking demonic humanoid and Cosmos being an utterly peaceful and calm goddess with long blonde hair.

Ah well, I'll kind of keep an eye on it and see what happens. :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I had a feeling it would be Ace from Type-0, so I'm not that surprised. Disappointed yes, but not surprised. Plus, with FFXV delayed to November(which is the month when Dissidia Arcade came out), it's way too early to introduce Noctis now.

Plus, I'm pretty sure they're doing the chibi thing to promote World of Final Fantasy which comes out in October. I could be wrong, though.

Was hoping for a full other FFVII character in the main game rather than have Yuffie in chibi(I love Yuffie), but oh well. Maybe the PS4 version might give us that.

And Flare, you never know, the PS4 version could still be made a reality. Square did say that they wouldn't release a console version until a year after the Arcade version's release, and it's only been 9 months. So, maybe in three months time we'll find out more. (October and November's gonna be pretty busy this year, though.)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i'm not sure if that chibi art style has much to do with world of ff (which poached its ff character art from the mobile game pictologica and doesn't really bear much resemblance to this game's look)

i kind of wish cosmos was back now though, this new one has further un-grown on me since first seeing the design (it's that silly 'tiny little hat worn slightly to the side' thing that's getting me now)

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I heard Yuffie was in this... as one of the few Yuffie fan girls out there, I feel obligated to say on behalf of all of us:

yay :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
ffvii character artwork from the official line app account since registering to that was the prereg for this game

QigUyGf.jpg

OdK59bj.jpg

W5jh599.jpg

didn't get anything for any other names i tried (aerith, barret, cid, nanaki/red xiii, cait sith/reeve, sephiroth). you get a blacked out silhouette for some characters but those are obvious ones who have already appeared in mainstay dissidia games

kpDf8AP.jpg

RxgxU7C.jpg

M8bXtvU.jpg

but here's sazh just because

w9BnNaG.jpg

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Ace had his face as an Avatar in Duodecim, so I'm not surprised he made the cut.

Still, Opera Omnia should be its own separate topic, since it's a spin-off iOS thing as far as I know.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Opera Omnia should be its own separate topic, since it's a spin-off iOS thing as far as I know.

A spin-off of a spin-off. That's interesting.

Since Seifer, Raiju and Fuuju are in it, I hope we'll see more FFVII characters and not just Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie. I wanna see Reno in at least one Dissidia game. He appeared in Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call along with Zack, Vincent and Barret. I hope we'll see Rinoa in Opera Omnia too. And Serah(She's the only FFXIII character I like)

And I wouldn't really call the character designs in this new game that chibi. More like PS1 model height kind of thing or like in Bravely Second, but not like in World of Final Fantasy. Would've been better as a game for PSVita, though.

Top Bottom