New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
As I said long ago, my main concern is Limit Breaks.

I know it typically is not a thing, but Trance characters ARE present, and to be honest I just loved having my Ultimate Weapon equipped in appearance.

Even if it's just 1 v 1 exclusive, I want that feel.

I also want complex stages like Kefka's Tower, World of Darkness, Crystal World, and a certain crumbling Shinra Building from a certain movie I liked.

A bird's eye view DBZ fight in Insomnia would be cool too.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Could I verify if the other villains are returning? I only know Jecht will make a comeback.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Could I verify if the other villains are returning? I only know Jecht will make a comeback.

I think all of the old villains have been confirmed. There are videos on the last few pages of this thread showing Exdeath, Sephiroth, Kefka, etc. I don't think any new villains have been announced yet, though, besides the new god.

JechtShotMK9

AKA
Kamiccolo9
Wasn't there that one picture that had the silhouette with Ultimecia and Golbez a while ago?

JechtShotMK9

AKA
Kamiccolo9
As I said long ago, my main concern is Limit Breaks.

I know it typically is not a thing, but Trance characters ARE present, and to be honest I just loved having my Ultimate Weapon equipped in appearance.

Even if it's just 1 v 1 exclusive, I want that feel.

I also want complex stages like Kefka's Tower, World of Darkness, Crystal World, and a certain crumbling Shinra Building from a certain movie I liked.

A bird's eye view DBZ fight in Insomnia would be cool too.

EX Burst minigames like in the other games are not gonna be here, my guess is due to the 3v3 gameplay. It would just be too disruptive. You can get other weapons to equip (I know Y'shola goes from a one-handed staff to a two-handed one when switching between her ARR and HW outfits), and a few of the EX bursts let you transform, like Terra and Shantotto.

Cloud's EX Burst, by the way, is actually called "Limit Break." From what I can tell, it increases his defense, and lowers the charge time for his attacks. I wasn't paying enough attention to see if it swaps the Buster Sword for the Ultima Weapon, though. I do know that his alternate weapons include the Hardedge, Fusion Swords, and Force Stealer.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Yeah just silhouettes piled on top of each other, no actual word yet. Just "Here's a black shape that kinda looks like Ultimecia"

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Who do you think they will choose as the FF14 and 15 villain? Never finished 15 yet to determine who will be the villain representative.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Who do you think they will choose as the FF14 and 15 villain? Never finished 15 yet to determine who will be the villain representative.

Can't talk for 14 but

Ardyn is the defacto villain of XV, which for anyone who knows how Final Fantasy games tend to work, should have been obvious the moment he stepped into the frame.

JechtShotMK9

AKA
Kamiccolo9
Gaius would seem to be the clear villain for XIV, and I'd be fine with that....but I seem to recall something somewhere saying he'd be too similar to Gabranth or something. In which case maybe Zenos to tie in with Stormblood? Or Nael to go for the 1.x nostalgia.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I could see Lahabrea (since he was featured in ARR and Heavensward) working for the FFXIV villain slot or the Ascians in general, and it could avoid the worry of there being too many heavily armored villains, since they're more evil sorcerer types.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I could see Lahabrea (since he was featured in ARR and Heavensward) or the Ascians in general, it could avoid the worry of there being many heavily armored villains, since they're more evil sorcerer types.

I agree. The less armored bad guys in Dissidia NT, the better.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Ultimecia just been tweeted, she's a shoot type character.
DI9PZWtUwAECV2J.jpg

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Shooter? Do they mean by shooting out Magic?

Well, at least she's finally in the game. I'm totally impressed with the pic.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Now that's how you get my attention. Story, modes and a cleaner HUD.

Top Bottom